PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Gets a Break in Speed GT Series

Speedracer
April 3rd, 2004, 14:12
The Cadillac CTS-V cars that did so well in their first race will receive some technical handicaps: http://speedtv.com/articles/auto/roadracing/10487/?from=[HOME]

:addict: :addict: :addict:

Speed

Erik
April 3rd, 2004, 14:30
http://speedtv.com/articles/auto/roadracing/10487/?from=

JP4
April 3rd, 2004, 14:55
Those changes should certainly bring those boys into line with the rest of the field. And I see they're going to let the M3 contingent stroke their engines to 3.4 liters from 3.2. That should help them too.

"The car was permitted to run a dog-engagement gearbox for Sebring at a 100-lb penalty, with the stock gearbox required at subsequent races." What is a dog-engagement gearbox? Are these racing type trannies that have no ability to "slip" between gears. They're either engaged or not engaged! Some clarification would be helpful from the experts out there! :vhmmm:

andyp
April 3rd, 2004, 16:10
Dog boxes are sometimes called "crash boxes". They have no syncros. The main advantage for racing apart from some possible weight saving is that it is easier and quicker to change the gear ratios. Anyone who has done the Skip Barber racing school will be familiar with the Hewland dog box fitted to their cars. Dog-boxes put all the gear changing skill in the drivers hands (and foot), requiring double clutching gear changes (double de-clutch in the UK).

JP4
April 3rd, 2004, 17:58
Thanks Andy! :0:

Benman
April 4th, 2004, 01:58
Ahhh, Nordschleife's prophecy comes true.:D

Speedracer
April 4th, 2004, 03:13
requiring double clutching gear changes

Or no clutching gear changes. lol

:hihi:

Speed

JP4
April 4th, 2004, 06:16
Originally posted by Benman
Ahhh, Nordschleife's prophecy comes true.:D

Did I miss something? :vhmmm:

Benman
April 4th, 2004, 19:03
Originally posted by JP4
Did I miss something? :vhmmm:
On the thread about the speed challenge, Nordschleife commented that it was really stupid that Cadillac show such dominance their first outing. He called the series "a Hollywood" race series that features races that look good (close). That Cadillac completely smoked the others (did you see them pull on the Vipers in the STRAIGHTS!!!:bigeyes: ) only showed the officials that there were going to be some changes. And now it looks like it indeed took place as he predicted.:cheers:
Ben:addict:

Speedracer
April 4th, 2004, 20:19
Oh. Nordschliefe's post is in a different thread.

JP4
April 4th, 2004, 23:14
Originally posted by Benman
On the thread about the speed challenge, Nordschleife commented that it was really stupid that Cadillac show such dominance their first outing. He called the series "a Hollywood" race series that features races that look good (close). That Cadillac completely smoked the others (did you see them pull on the Vipers in the STRAIGHTS!!!:bigeyes: ) only showed the officials that there were going to be some changes. And now it looks like it indeed took place as he predicted.:cheers:
Ben:addict:

Rodger that! Indeed then...his prophecy did come true. I'm glad they didn't wait to long before throwing cold water on the Caddy's.