PDA

View Full Version : Help needed - RS6 wheel weight

NWRS6
April 2nd, 2004, 08:24
Hi:

Thinking of "upgrading" my stock 18x8.5 wheel to the Sportec 18x8.5.

However, since the Sportec wheel is 28lbs., I am wondering if this would in fact be a downgrade (in terms of weight).

Does anyone know the weight of the stock 18" RS6 wheel w/out the tire.

Thanks in advance.

NWRS6
RS6
996TT
E500

Bauer
April 2nd, 2004, 17:55
NWRS6,

Welcome to the board!! I see that the Canadian RS6's are now in the market up there. I was in Vancouver and Whistler in Feb for some snowboarding. I love it up there we go every year....beautiful country and some of the nicest people I have ever met.

If you use the search freature on the top left side of the site....you will find a previous thread with this info. I think Highrustler weighed them and took a picture of them on the scale and posted it. He has changed his out as well. I think they are around 32lbs. Good luck.:cheers:

audirs6sport
April 2nd, 2004, 18:20
as far as weight goes, the factory wheels are soo F*%$ing heavy. the sportec's 20x9 is actually few pounds lighter (about 5lbs) than the stock 18x8.5's. i hope that helps. someone actually posted the weight of these before, but i can't find the link. it should be somewhere on this forum. hope that helps :addict::rs6kiss: :incar:

Erik
April 2nd, 2004, 18:31
NWRS6, welcome to RS6.com! Nice to see a nice Canadian setup of cars :D

Check this one out:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3019&highlight=sportec+20

NWRS6
April 2nd, 2004, 19:36
Looking foward to contributing to this great forum.....just as fun and informative as 6speedonline.

The RS6 is a GREAT car...everyday, I am fortunate enough to be torn between choosing the RS6 and the 911 Turbo.

The Mercedes is a bloody boat in comparison.