PDA

View Full Version : The best way to run quarter mil (split thread)

ricky71370
April 1st, 2004, 05:05
guys-

whats the best way to get a good time in the 1/4 mile, sport mode or triptronic?and at the start should i rev up as much as i can with the breaks on or what?
, thx

ricky:addict:

nyrs6
April 1st, 2004, 15:11
Very Good question well i will tell you what we did. First the problem is audi put a limiter when break torqueing therefore when it gets like 1800:revs: it will go back down be careful otherwise when the light turns green you will have to rev it again and you will get bad times. Also very IMPORTANT turn off air, traction (ESP) if these are not turned off it can add a second to the ET. about break tourqueing i will suggest to do what we did. we didnt care about the light we left late and consetrated on the launch only. because youre reaction time will not effect the times. its made only if youre racing somone else. So try that.

tip or s? i think they are both the same its hard to tell the las t time we took it to the track we did it in tip mode but got worse times then the time we did it in s mode but it was colder the time we did it in s. so its hard to tell my guess would be try both if you are able too. And make shure to wait an hour between each run with the hood open otherwise youre times will be terrible. We have experienced it

JAXRS6
April 1st, 2004, 19:02
I would add this to what nyrs6 wrote:

1. Yes, there is some sort of limit on torque braking, but I read that you can "beat" it by keeping it short -- one second or thereabouts. After that rpms will come down, but until that point you should be able to get around 2500, maybe a little more.

2. Cooling off between runs will help but another member (The Brit) has suggested a different approach: Rather than just idling, get some cooler air to circulate into the engine compartment by driving the car at moderate speeds between runs.

Good luck & hope you'll let us know how it goes!:)

ricky71370
April 1st, 2004, 20:02
nyrs6-jaxrs6,

thx a lot on the pointers. i was just wondering because last night i took the BEAST to BITHLO rcaeway in Orlando and came out of there with a best time of 13.5 and the funny thing is that i just got mi stage 1 HOPPEN chip put in 2days ago. i want to get unr 13 and i think with the suggestions you guys gave i will.:addict: ill be going out tomorrow to try the new methods.

here are my times i ran 3 times in three different styles. these were my first ever runs at 1/4mile with any car so that needs to also be considered

1- esp on, not reving at start-sport mode 13.8
2-esp off, not reving at start-sport mode 14.o
3-esp off,reving at start to 2.5-sport mode 13.5

i was disappointed with hopes that ill get the car to perform better in the future.
does the chip need time to find itself or something , is there a growing stage? my dealer said it would take a week for the cpu to settle in with its new upgrade!!??
stage 1 chip from HOPPEN 510hp, 515 torque --fyi

ricky

Bauer
April 1st, 2004, 20:23
I don't know about the ECU getting settled in with the upgrade...It should be instant. The TCU may need to get used to the new power though since it changes its programming according to driving style and that change can take a day of hard driving.

On a side note I have heard of the TCU shaving as much .3 off 0 to 60 and as much as .5 off 1/4 mile times due to the shifts being quicker. The stock program spends alot of time between shifts.

I would be very interested to know if Hoppen will sell you a TCU chip with just the stage one. They told me I had to go to the 535hp stage before they would sell me a TCU upgrade. Which I found strange because MTM DE. told me they have installed the ECU upgrade on cars with stock ECU's and with stage one ECU's. Either Hoppen doen't know what they are talking about or they are trying to get another 15k out of people for upgrades.

:rs6kiss:

nyrs6
April 2nd, 2004, 04:25
First of all what were the weather conditions Temp and humidity because that could make a big difference.

2nd i ran 12.4 with the oct chip.

OCT all the way

can somone make a smile for oct like this (
:rs6kiss: )

nyrs6
April 2nd, 2004, 04:31
btw bauer didnt you run 13.1 stock and what were the conditions

Bauer
April 2nd, 2004, 17:58
btw bauer didnt you run 13.1 stock and what were the conditions

Was not I.....I have only done track events....no 1/4 miles.:incar:

BTW the humidity in FL will make a HUGE difference in performance....so I think conditions probably play the biggest role in 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times.

nyrs6
April 2nd, 2004, 23:08
well we ran in 100 % humidity and 60 degrees to get the 12.4 and plus that run we drove 2 hours to the track and we didnt let it cool down

ming 2.7t
April 3rd, 2004, 00:25
I know nothing about the RS6 engine area. With the A6 we take a spray bottle filled with water and spray the intercoolers after the run to cool it down some, you can drive around after spraying getting air into them with the cold water.
With the A6 you can disconnect the ECU , I usually leave it for 15-20 minutes then hook it back up. We might has access to ecu that the RS6 does not, I dont know. By doing this the ECU resets to optimum levels. Run 100 octane gas at the drags. Then the ECU will pull back due to pings or knock till it finds a safe level. With 100 octane that level will be higher than with regular gas so you will get more timing and such. When you switch back to 93 or 91 out here, the ECU learns again and will pull back accordingly.
May be helpful at the drags.
Dont sit on the gas at the light. When you see the 1st yellow, have the left foot on the brake, then with the right foot, press on the gas. watch the rpms till whatever the best rpm you can get this way, once it hits that level, release the brake, dont sit there. You are building up alot of heat and heat kills the tranny. Dont fret that you wont launch right at the green, forget the green, just worry about the launch. Till you get it down. SO soon as the revs hit the limit for your car release that brake. And hold on !

Again I dont know how this applies to the RS6 or not. BUt spraying the IC's is not a bad thing.

nyrs6
April 4th, 2004, 02:30
thanks but how would disconnecting the ECU help the heat soak?

bilbozilla
April 4th, 2004, 05:37
As far as S shift mode, it's difficult to pin it down consistently as it is truly adaptive. Sometimes it feels like a dog, run it hard for a while, and it changes. There is an entire thread in this forum dedicated to this topic, but I thought I'd bring this up as Sport v. Tiptronic came up.

avdh
April 4th, 2004, 08:16
Heat buil up while you're waiting is a major problem with the RS6.

As I arrive to the event, I immediatly open the bonnet (hood). I have removed permantly the Carbon fibre cover in the front of the engine.

Then I poor ice cubes on the intercoolers, from the top and pack up some ice from the front by removing the front bottom side grilles.

Spraying a bit of NOS or Carbon dioxide on air intake pipes (careful that they don't crack), inlet manifold and intercollers, just before you race also helps.

Also, before I get to the track, I wake the ECU up by doing a few fast runs.
High octane fuel will help, (even more so when it's hot) but you must do at least 100 miles with the high octane fuel before, so that the ECU learns and is thus capable to advance the timimg.

The launch is actually pretty easy.

ESP off
Air con off

Left foot braking, right foot flat on the accelerator. The revs will built up quickly to 2000 rpm and then slower to 2400/2500 rpm, at which point you will feel something, like if something was locking, your RS6 is now ready to fly.
With my car at that point in time (when I release the brakes) I pull about 1 G. S make sure you head is againts the head rest, or your neck muscles are tight.

Don't wait on the line, as nyrs6 explained.

As for which gearbox mode to use, use the one you normally drive with.

I am always in Tip mode, hence this is the fastest for my car, but if you drive constantly in D you may find this is the one for you.

nyrs6
April 4th, 2004, 15:29
Where are the intercoolers?

What were youre fastest runs stock and modded? Thanks

ricky71370
April 4th, 2004, 17:49
well my runs have gotten better:rs6kiss:

on 4-2-04 I ran 4 times.
40% hum
70 degrees
10 mph wind
1st run-13.778
2nd-13.423
3rd-13.373
4th-13.245

I will try taking the carbon off and possibly going higher than 93 octane. i just broke the 2000mile mark and I'm thinking that more miles on the engine the fater the beast will get. i wont stop till i break 12.6:incar:

ricky

JAXRS6
April 4th, 2004, 19:35
Before you drag race too often, keep in mind that it's not good for the car and any resulting problems will not be covered by warranty if Audi finds out. I've heard they have "ways" of determining that, too, such as tire wear & possibly also what's recorded on your ECM.

I do have a question about your latest results, since they're already completed. I was drag racing occasionally myself before I learned of the warranty risk, and each time I did, times seemed to get worse rather than better. What did you do between runs?

nyrs6
April 4th, 2004, 20:51
Originally posted by JAXRS6
Before you drag race too often, keep in mind that it's not good for the car and any resulting problems will not be covered by warranty if Audi finds out. I've heard they have "ways" of determining that, too, such as tire wear & possibly also what's recorded on your ECM.

I do have a question about your latest results, since they're already completed. I was drag racing occasionally myself before I learned of the warranty risk, and each time I did, times seemed to get worse rather than better. What did you do between runs?

what did you run? and why would the times be worse the more times you go?

RS6 OOOO
April 5th, 2004, 04:29
i got to run the her last week at 300 ft above sea level. all stock. the best run i got was a 13.1 at 107. before that run i would spray down the intercoolers. i did the brake stand and it made a huge difference. As far as which mode to be in i found it better to be in Tip mode cause it doesn't shift until the redline. i'm hoping to change tire pressure, lighten up the car a little, and cool it off before each run and hopefully but in the 12s.

nyrs6
April 5th, 2004, 17:59
That is very good times what was yhe weather condition?

nyrs6
April 5th, 2004, 18:29
Originally posted by RS6 OOOO
i got to run the her last week at 300 ft above sea level. all stock. the best run i got was a 13.1 at 107. before that run i would spray down the intercoolers. i did the brake stand and it made a huge difference. As far as which mode to be in i found it better to be in Tip mode cause it doesn't shift until the redline. i'm hoping to change tire pressure, lighten up the car a little, and cool it off before each run and hopefully but in the 12s.

S also takes it to redline

RS6 OOOO
April 5th, 2004, 21:04
It was around 80 F when i ran last week.

i rarely use the S mode. if i'm lucky enough to find some twisties the i prefer the paddle shifters.

ricky71370
April 6th, 2004, 01:21
RS60000- HOW MANY MILES DOES YOUR BEAST HAVE? IM JUSTT TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY IM RUNNING SLOWER TIMES THAN YOU WITH A STAGE 1 CHIP FROM HOPPEN.

RICKY

RS6 OOOO
April 6th, 2004, 07:48
it was around 15K miles when i ran it. have you dynoed your car? as soon as there is a place in memphis to do it i'm going to. hopefully i got one of the "special" ones with more HP and TRQ.

avdh
April 6th, 2004, 08:29
Originally posted by nyrs6
Where are the intercoolers?

What were youre fastest runs stock and modded? Thanks

The intercoolers are situated behind, below the headlights.
They are accessible from the top and from the bottom, behind the extreme left and right lower front grilles.

My fastest officially timed run stock is 12.8 sec at 177 km/h (110 mph) with 30 Deg C ambient temp. (86 Deg F). 102 RON fuel (98 MON)

My best Q mile time stock with a G-box is 12.67 sec at 182 km/h (113 mph) with 18 Deg C (64 deg F) 99 RON Fuel (95 MON)

That was Saturday last week, early in the morning, a few miles away from my house, which is the best possible conditions as far as engine heat (or lack thereof).

BTW my Race-Tech AP22 G-box, is very precise, as I used it at the Drag track and got results within less than 1 mph from the official times, and the G-box actually had the lower speed.

Aronis
April 6th, 2004, 14:02
Give me a break,

How on earth could Audi PROVE you were drag racing with your RS6 based on ECU data. so you happened to be driving a FRICKEN SPORTS CAR HARD........

Audi can try to prove anything, but unless they have video or eye witnesses, they will not 'win' in court.

I can see it now, "Mr. Smith you were driving your sports car too hard and the manufacture does not have to honor the warrantee..." or better, "you were speeding when your Ford Explorer tire blew and you flipped and DIED, so Ford is not to blame. After all the ECU says you were going 58 mph in a 55 zone."

Ya RIGHT.

Don't be so paranoid about that, drag away and have fun....

avdh
April 6th, 2004, 15:27
In South Africa it has been known that the company which finances Audi's and BMW service plans, has been hanging around race tracks and took pictures of cars participating.

Do like I do, remove your number plates.

Aronis
April 6th, 2004, 15:56
those sneeky bastards...

make sure you cover the VIN number too, that is more of an exact identifier of the car than a license plate.

Oh, my God, those SPORTS enthusiasts who allow us to market our S cars are using them to race......oh noooooo

Audi, BITE ME.

Mike

nyrs6
April 8th, 2004, 05:37
Originally posted by RS6 OOOO
It was around 80 F when i ran last week.

i rarely use the S mode. if i'm lucky enough to find some twisties the i prefer the paddle shifters.

was this at the track or G-tech? and did you spray nos or water?

nyrs6
April 8th, 2004, 06:32
Originally posted by avdh
The intercoolers are situated behind, below the headlights.
They are accessible from the top and from the bottom, behind the extreme left and right lower front grilles.

My fastest officially timed run stock is 12.8 sec at 177 km/h (110 mph) with 30 Deg C ambient temp. (86 Deg F). 102 RON fuel (98 MON)

My best Q mile time stock with a G-box is 12.67 sec at 182 km/h (113 mph) with 18 Deg C (64 deg F) 99 RON Fuel (95 MON)

That was Saturday last week, early in the morning, a few miles away from my house, which is the best possible conditions as far as engine heat (or lack thereof).

BTW my Race-Tech AP22 G-box, is very precise, as I used it at the Drag track and got results within less than 1 mph from the official times, and the G-box actually had the lower speed.

What was youre fastest time at the track? (not G box)

RS6 OOOO
April 8th, 2004, 22:48
was this at the track or G-tech? and did you spray nos or water?

this was at the track. i'd been driving the car all day so it was pretty hot. i sprayed water once or twice before the run. after each run i left the hood up and just tried to cool down the engine.

nyrs6
April 8th, 2004, 23:09
How did you get to the intercoolers and You sprayed it with a bottle?

ricky71370
April 8th, 2004, 23:13
nyrs6- whats your horsepower and torque at, and milage an the car?

12.4 is a fantastic run

ricky:addict:

nyrs6
April 8th, 2004, 23:34
actually its not . You have to consider that my car is chipped. And we have a tip chip too so we should be into the 11s. We ran 12.4 with out the tip chip the we ran 12.4 with the tip chip. What happend? first of all it was 100% humidity and we did not let the car rest we drove 2 hours to the track and ran right away we didnt really have time to wait otherwise we would be doing anywhere from 12.1-11.9 and the trap speed was low. 110 vs 112 that we did before it should really trap like 115. hopefully the downpipes should put us down into the 11s and spraying the intercoolers will probably help next time.

the beast has 8500 miles and we never dynoed it but speedtechnik dynoed it with the same setup and got 411

ricky what was youre trap speed?

Still waiting for someone to break 12s with a bone stock RS6 (and advh i am talking about at the track no G-box or G-tech)

Its posssible :race:
common everybody get youre beast to the track the weather is getting nicer. :incar:

ricky71370
April 9th, 2004, 01:21
trap speed only 105 best. audi tech tells me im lucky to get that since the engine is so young 2200 miles.
im also only running 93 octane . im gonna check with my tech to see what needs to be done to change the octane to a higher level, am i going to need to run it with that particular high octane for a certain mile range or what?

pls advice.

ricky

Bauer
April 9th, 2004, 02:23
I was told about a tank of gas for the ECU to fully adjust. I have noticed that the end of the first running 100 octane at the track the car will perform better (tank a day at the track and sometimes more) Between the misses (S8) and me the gas bill can get outragous:MTM: at these Audi Club events. More then the damm hotel room....but well worth it:wo:

BTW, I noticed at about 5k to 6k on the clock the car developed more power and the transmission was shifting better.

nyrs6
April 9th, 2004, 02:46
Ricky if you are running those numbers. There is something wrong with the chip. I would advise that you would return youre chip. Unless something is wrong with youre turbos or something. and if you are getting those numbers with a chip there is something wrong.

Do you feel the difference from stock?
OCT has been proven at the track for getting a good low 12s.

My first suggesstion is to go to the track one more time with taking everybodys advice like cool the intercoolers, let it rest etc...

second if this does not work you should dyno youre car and if the results are low (same as stock) then get youre money back and go for another chip. there are alot of manufactures out there.

No matter how bad of a driver trapping at 105 with a chipped rs6 is not right thats what a stock rs6 traps at at bad weather.

if any chip for the rs6 does not get it into 12s then its not making that much of a difference from stock

avdh
April 11th, 2004, 16:34
What was youre fastest time at the track? (not G box)

The official time: 12.8 sec. stock.

gjg
April 11th, 2004, 19:54
BTW, I noticed at about 5k to 6k on the clock the car developed more power and the transmission was shifting better.

Bauer - how much better is the shitf after 6k miles?

I'm at about 4k (km) and sometimes during "spirited" driving the downshift specially down to 3rd gear is horrible - it feels like the transmission hesitates for split second and than slams the gear in so hard that I'm checking my rear view mirror to make sure I still have complete box ......

During "civilized" drive the shift is ok. Manual shift no problem.

Anyone having the same experience?

gg :vhmmm:

nyrs6
April 11th, 2004, 20:57
Originally posted by gjg

Bauer - how much better is the shitf after 6k miles?

I'm at about 4k (km) and sometimes during "spirited" driving the downshift specially down to 3rd gear is horrible - it feels like the transmission hesitates for split second and than slams the gear in so hard that I'm checking my rear view mirror to make sure I still have complete box ......

During "civilized" drive the shift is ok. Manual shift no problem.

Anyone having the same experience?

gg :vhmmm:

Yup! but when we installed the tip chip it happend more often on downshifts.

gjg
April 11th, 2004, 21:05
who's tip chip you have?

nyrs6
April 11th, 2004, 21:34
OCT it works great. Except for it making that thud more often when downshifting

CarbonFibre
April 12th, 2004, 00:45
The times getting worse as you go probably has to do with the buildup of heat.

kinda off-topic:
I've heard that Porsche will void part of your warranty if you use R-compound or slick tires on any of the naturally aspirated models (minus the GT3). This is because they do not have dry sump lubrication and the G forces would prevent the oil and other fluids from circulating the way that they should.

ricky71370
April 12th, 2004, 15:18
i was supossed to get the beast dynoed today, damm they rescheduled me to weds. that suxxs.

updated on my runs
last friday i ran4 times
1-13.5
2-13.3
3-13.2
4-13.2
all with 93 octane, this week ill use 104 octane
:hahahehe: :hahahehe:

miles are up to 2400, cant wait to hit 5k:addict:

to the person who recommended me to run the 1/4 mile without the carbon top, so it would have more airflow, i was told by the rs6 tech not to. he made it clear that the carbon was put there first and for most as part of the air filter system then looks.

ricky

ricky71370
April 15th, 2004, 15:12
:addict: things are getting much better with my latest runs. yesterday I went to the track and got much better results

1st run- 12.91
2nd run- 12.94
3rd run- 12.85

finally i've seen the light(12"s)
mile read is 2600 and increasing:incar:

changes i made were 100 octane and 75% on the pedal at launch while breaking.=2200rpm's

12.5 here i come:addict: :addict: :rs6kiss:

ricky

nyrs6
April 15th, 2004, 15:20
Thats great. What was the weather conditions? (temp, Humid)

thats great

nyrs6
April 15th, 2004, 15:22
Originally posted by ricky71370
i was supossed to get the beast dynoed today, damm they rescheduled me to weds. that suxxs.

updated on my runs
last friday i ran4 times
1-13.5
2-13.3
3-13.2
4-13.2
all with 93 octane, this week ill use 104 octane
:hahahehe: :hahahehe:

miles are up to 2400, cant wait to hit 5k:addict:

to the person who recommended me to run the 1/4 mile without the carbon top, so it would have more airflow, i was told by the rs6 tech not to. he made it clear that the carbon was put there first and for most as part of the air filter system then looks.

ricky

Does anyone know what happens if you take off the carbon fiber cover?

ricky71370
April 15th, 2004, 15:31
thx, getting some what exited about reaching 12.5-6.

weather conditions were 71degrees 20% hum

as for the carbon fiber, i was told by my certified RS6 tech not to run the car without it because it happens to be part of the air filter sytem.

ricky

ricky71370
April 15th, 2004, 15:33
sorry, on to what happens, I don't know

ricky
:mech:

nyrs6
April 15th, 2004, 15:42
Just to make a run down the track i would think it would be ok :rolleyes:

ricky71370
April 15th, 2004, 17:02
im not going to be the one that recommends it.
my tech would say:nono: :nono:

gl

ricky

Fast One
April 15th, 2004, 17:51
Ricky, what was your trap speed on those 12 sec runs?also have you launched better with 75 percent throttle on the brake torque than 100 percent?

ricky71370
April 15th, 2004, 23:22
trap speed on the 12 runs were---
106.91=12.91
107.66=12.85
107.62=12.97

no i havent launched at 100% because im scared

:confused:

ricky

nyrs6
April 16th, 2004, 06:28
I think the beast should see the doctor (dyno) then if you dont get good numbers i would suggest get youre money back and go for something else. I dont mean those are bad times (not at all) just that a chipped RS6 should really run better.

avdh
April 16th, 2004, 09:56
i

ricky

I was referring to the carbon fibre cover right in front of the engine, and not the large double box which houses the air filters.

If we are talking about the same thing, your Audi tech, is talking nonsense, as the front cover is just to hide some pipes and the DV's so that the engine bay looks pretty.
It has no effect whatsoever on your airflow to the airfilter, as this comes from the silver and black large pipes from the front of the car.

Look carefully at that front cover and you will see that it traps heat, and actually blocks air from flowing over the pipes/DV's/intake to the inlet manifold.

ricky71370
April 16th, 2004, 20:15
we misunderstood each other. im sure those would be ok to run without. sorry if i confused you

i did dyno the beast and it did great. we came in 12% under 510hp but thats expected with a fly wheel dyno. we got 445hp at the wheels.

im running again tonite so hopefully the:addict: goes faster than 12.8, lets also remember that theres only 2700 miles on the engine. lets wait till the beast develops into the real thing before the doctor sees him.

ricky

avdh
April 17th, 2004, 07:55

i did dyno the beast and it did great. we came in 12% under 510hp but thats expected with a fly wheel dyno. we got 445hp at the wheels.

ricky

Don't you mean 445 hp at the flywheel, as if you had 445 hp at the wheels your engine would be producing in excess of 520 hp.

With that sort of power you should be doing low 12's on the Q mile.

Is you car stock?

ricky71370
April 17th, 2004, 19:02
445hp at the fly wheel yes, im supposed to be at 510hp with stage 1 chip from MTM

not sure what kind of power i'll need to run low 12's but i'm suppsed to be at 12.5 at least with stage 1

wasn't able to run last night because wife almost went into labor.

ricky

nyrs6
April 18th, 2004, 01:50
445 at the flywheels. Isnt the stock 450? :rolleyes:

well i would say you get youre money back and and get a new ecu like OCT

seriously you might be making like 10-15 to the wheels mire then stock but you should be at least 400 to the wheels with a chipped RS6

avdh
April 18th, 2004, 10:11
445hp at the fly wheel yes, im supposed to be at 510hp with stage 1 chip from MTM

ricky

On of my friends from The Audi Club had an MTM chip on his car. It turned out to be slower than stock, as well as creating a lot of faults on the ECU including having the ABS lights coming on occasionallly....

Also with the MTM chip, his car had a bit more power than stock, but that power never translated into quicker performance.

He removed the MTM chip, and put in another one from our local Audi tuner, but still has a lot of faults coming up on the VAG computer.
So far, my car which is stock, except for Max-speed, altitude cut-out and oil temperature cut out being "elevated", is still faster than his on the quarter mile and 1 km/h slower on the 1 kilometre (0.621 mile).

From what we read on this Forum, thwe OCT seems to be the one to go for, however from what I understand the RS6 with the OCT chip which does 12.5's on the Q mile also has a full Miltek exhaust system (?), hence I wonder if the 0.3 seconds adavantage to my stock RS6 is not due to the exhauts rather than the chip?

nyrs6
April 18th, 2004, 14:08
sorry? i am calling BS on avdh
Was youre 12.6 at the track or a box?

because there is no way a stock RS6 can do that. And plus dont forget a stock RS6 traps at 105-107 and our OCT chip trapped at 112 that is a big difference and from there you can see its putting more power. OCT is the way to go

PS and youre best time at the track do you have a slip?

avdh
April 20th, 2004, 10:57
sorry? i am calling BS on avdh
Was youre 12.6 at the track or a box?

because there is no way a stock RS6 can do that. And plus dont forget a stock RS6 traps at 105-107 and our OCT chip trapped at 112 that is a big difference and from there you can see its putting more power. OCT is the way to go

PS and youre best time at the track do you have a slip?

You don't seem to read properly my threads....

12.86 to be precise is at the track and I got a certificate to prove it, go to the link below.

Quarter mile at the track (http://www.audioimports.com/cars/RS6/Performance/RS6ODI220204.htm)

and I have 5 Audi Club member whocan confrim the above time as they were there.

The 12.65 was with the G-box.

Apart from what I said above my car is stock, unless some mods were done without me knowing.

In any case, if Car & Driver can do a 12.8 Q mile with a low mileage car, I do not see any reason why as the car get more mileage the times would not improve.

Also, different track give different results. I just read about a standard M3 which did 12.6 somewhere in the USA.

12.6 sec M3 (http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=199319&messageid=1082121537&lp=1082407276)

nyrs6
April 21st, 2004, 23:53
Sorry i missunderstood

I thought G-box was the same thing as G-tech. What is G-box?

Plus you have a very strong running car.

avdh
April 22nd, 2004, 08:54
A G-Box is a piece of equipment which calculates speed, times, G-forces and power, based on movement/G-forces.

Speed, time and G-forces, do not require input data, but to have power figures you have to enter the weight of the car, rolling resistance and drag factor.

A V-Box on the other hand is GPS based and is far more accurate. Many magazines use V-boxes for their cars' testing.

I think a V-box is the same as a G-Tech ? we just use different terminology in different countries.

CarbonFibre
April 22nd, 2004, 08:58
The G-box is the same type of thing as the G-tech. They are both accelerometers.

ricky71370
May 31st, 2004, 02:01
4 different 1/4 mile times

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/audi_rs6_sedan_2003/12280/style_performance.html

ricky

nyrs6
May 31st, 2004, 02:29
I have a suggestion to Erik. I dont know if its worth doing or not?

We should have a Sticky for RS6 owners to post there times and tips about the 1/4 mile.

A better suggestion would be is to make a forum section for 1/4 mile and drag strip tips.

audirs6sport
May 31st, 2004, 06:31
anyone considered getting a new torque converter? im wondering how much of a difference it would really make at 1/4 mile strips if u can launch the car at higher rpm, perhaps at 4000rpm. :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

nyrs6
May 31st, 2004, 19:37
a stock RS6 might run 11s then