PDA

View Full Version : Who has mods on their RS6..?

schackman
March 31st, 2004, 04:35
I am presently in the stages of doing research on getting the MOST power out of my RS6.

In another post I got lots of Tuners listed......but alot of What Ifs as to is this power real.

It seems a computer upgrade and an Exhaust is worth 535 HP
switch the filters out with K&N or BMC possible 5 more......but they are trapped under the carbon surround.

SO.........Who out here Officialy has done mods that are proven.
Been there for their Dynos.....

Dollar for Dollar I am now leaning towards an APR upgrade with a cat back Exhaust and possible high flow (Racing Cats) and for now until a proven intake arrives...switching out the filters.

Any comments?????

Anyone out there TUNED ???:brag:

PS: I am coming out of an LPE 427 Twin Turbo Vette with 706 to the rear.....850 at the crank
So I am truley looking for major SLEEPER power out of this RS6

Thanks alot fellas !

Schackman::MTM:

hogan
March 31st, 2004, 07:01
I would look at MTM. I had APR installed but I had to uninstall because of fault codes. I would be very skeptical buying ecu uprades from any new chip programmer. US models have a hidden file that causes the failure. The car goes into dummy mode, basically the turbos turned off. I have also spent time researching upgrades and from what I have learned is buying your upgrades from the Europe market because the R & D is far ahead than any US company. I have a Eisenmann exhaust in the mail. It should be here by friday. There is a sound bite from the german site. Wow.

Look at these companies:

http://www.eisenmann-technik.de/export/galerie/galerie.php

US Eisenmann Importer
http://www.eisenhaus.com/eisenmann.php

http://www.dahlbackracing.se/english/main.asp

US Dahlback IMPORTER
http://www.audituning-usa.com/

http://www.mtm-online.de/index_en.htm

US MTM IMPORTER
http://www.hoppenmotorsport.com/

JAXRS6
March 31st, 2004, 08:07
Originally posted by hogan
I would look at MTM. I had APR installed but I had to uninstall because of fault codes. I would be very skeptical buying ecu uprades from any new chip programmer. US models have a hidden file that causes the failure. The car goes into dummy mode, basically the turbos turned off.

Wow -- thanks for that update! Earlier I had been leaning towards MTM/Hoppen because if its connection to Germany plus its proximity to my Florida condo. But I began favoring APR after considering that I can get it serviced, upgraded, replaced etc. near my northern outpost too. And I'm still not giving up on them; I may call & get their response. Did the dummy mode occur with your APR chip installed? How did they respond to your problem? Email me or send a PM if you prefer.

But those who chip and depend on pros should live near their installer or another dealer/distributor handling the same chip; right? So what happens when I head 1500 miles north in late May -- and about 1450 miles from the nearest MTM installer (i.e. Hoppen)? Living for six months in the land of no chip friendly dealers known as Metro Detroit? Am I supposed to just take my chances with a car that, until recently, has been prone to lengthy service visits?

Which is another reason I may put off chipping until I return to Florida next November.

And, yes, I'm grateful I have the privilege to be concerned about something as trivial as this.:)

audirs6sport
March 31st, 2004, 08:52
i got my eprom reflashed by revo. soon to get full custom exhaust system =) :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

BlackRS6
March 31st, 2004, 14:54
Originally posted by hogan

I had APR installed but I had to uninstall because of fault codes. I would be very skeptical buying ecu uprades from any new chip programmer. US models have a hidden file that causes the failure. The car goes into dummy mode, basically the turbos turned off.

Your post made me nervous, I had APR installed about 4 weeks ago and had the "dummy mode" problem only once during a dyno run. We re-booted the ECU by disconnecting the battery and everything has been running very well since (for about 2 weeks). I assumed the occurrence happen because the car was jostled a bit during the first run as we centered the car on the dyno. The car measured @ 521 hp and 540 ft/lbs twice after that, as expected. I didn't get any fault codes, but will have it checked later this week. How many times did this occur with your modification and how did you go about switching back?

schackman
March 31st, 2004, 15:00
Originally posted by BlackRS6
Your post made me nervous, I had APR installed about 4 weeks ago and had the "dummy mode" problem only once during a dyno run. We re-booted the ECU by disconnecting the battery and everything has been running very well since (for about 2 weeks). I assumed the occurrence happen because the car was jostled a bit during the first run as we centered the car on the dyno. The car measured @ 521 hp and 540 ft/lbs twice after that, as expected. I didn't get any fault codes, but will have it checked later this week. How many times did this occur with your modification and how did you go about switching back?

521 / 540 what did the dyno put down to the wheels. Typically thats what the dyno is for Rear wheel / All wheel HorsePower

I am guessing 417 hp to the pavement.........about 60 over stock ?

BlackRS6
March 31st, 2004, 15:04
521 / 540 what did the dyno put down to the wheels. Typically thats what the dyno is for Rear wheel / All wheel HorsePower

407.3 hp to the wheels. I was told to use a 1.28 conversion factor for crank hp. I did the dyno at AWE Tuning

nyrs6
March 31st, 2004, 15:07
was that just a chip or exhuats too

nyrs6
March 31st, 2004, 15:08
OCT all the way 6000 miles thank g'd no problem.

schackman
March 31st, 2004, 15:09
407.3 hp to the wheels. I was told to use a 1.28 conversion factor for crank hp. I did the dyno at AWE Tuning

I am used to using factors for rear wheel HP.

407 to all 4 wheels is pretty good. What was your gain over stock? about 50-55 gain ?

I am looking into the same system. (Some type of comp. scan...(APR ??) maybe exhaust and intake.

Did you feel the difference ?

schackman
March 31st, 2004, 15:13
Also.....what have you guys been paying

Computer, Exhaust, Intake

I am trying to feel out a budget here.

THANKS
Schackman:bye2:

BlackRS6
March 31st, 2004, 16:06
was that just a chip or exhuats too

just the ECU and TCU modification

BlackRS6
March 31st, 2004, 16:14
407 to all 4 wheels is pretty good. What was your gain over stock? about 50-55 gain ?

it was almost 58 over stock. (see AWE Tuning site for stock dyno plot)

Did you feel the difference ?

My overall feedback is that the torque difference is night and day. You really do launch the car vs. the accelleration in stock mode. 3rd gear is something else, clearly the tuning has its greatest impact from 60-120 mph. APR did a good job, the ride is
still smooth and controlled, I was a little concerned that with this much torque the ride would be too jerky which is not the case. Any acceleration in sport mode forces your head back against the headrest and gives you a good "giggle". The best way I could sum it up is that the power and surge seem to be equally available to you at any speed.

I really like the multiple modes available with APR. It allows me to use the stock mode when driving around with my wife who is not the fan of speed that I am. I also use the stock mode to warm up the engine before any hard driving as a precaution. The operation to switch modes is quite simple and works well, and I can use my personal security code to lock the ECU in stock mode before going to the dealer. APR provided new tamper proof screws for the ECU as well so there is not visual evidence that the car is tuned.

Benman
March 31st, 2004, 16:57
it was almost 58 over stock. (see AWE Tuning site for stock dyno plot)
My overall feedback is that the torque difference is night and day. You really do launch the car vs. the accelleration in stock mode. 3rd gear is something else, clearly the tuning has its greatest impact from 60-120 mph. The operation to switch modes is quite simple and works well, and I can use my personal security code to lock the ECU in stock mode before going to the dealer. APR provided new tamper proof screws for the ECU as well so there is not visual evidence that the car is tuned.
Thanks for the update. Sounds like a really nice setup.:cheers:
Ben:addict:

audirs6sport
March 31st, 2004, 17:21
check out B&B. http://www.audirs6.ch/tuning/bb_rs6.html (670PS Available!!):bow:

http://www.bb-automobiltechnik.de :rs6kiss:

hogan
March 31st, 2004, 19:12

The ECU has a hidden file that APR missed. The ECU looks for this file every so often. You mentioned you installed 4 weeks ago, there is a chance that APR got there shit together. however fo me I had 2 faults which put the car into dummy mode, turbos off. APR was very gracious and refunded my money. MTM is the way to go!!!!!!

hogan
March 31st, 2004, 19:21
I have also spent time researching upgrades and from what I have learned is buying your upgrades from the Europe market because the R & D is far ahead than any US company. I have a Eisenmann exhaust in the mail. It should be here by friday. There is a sound bite from the german site. Wow.

Look at these companies:

http://www.eisenmann-technik.de/exp...rie/galerie.php