PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here try the Mr. Clean no-dry carwash system?

bilbozilla
March 29th, 2004, 23:17
I have yet to put a D-I water system at my current house. My new house, however, will have it.

Benman
March 30th, 2004, 15:51
I tried it. It works pretty well as long as you do an excellent job of rinsing off ALL the soap. Can't miss even the smallest of spots or it leaves a residue. Overall impression is good although i kind of enjoy wasting the time drying off my car the old fashion way. Kinda theriputic.:cheers:
Ben:addict:

jimmy94507
April 1st, 2004, 06:15
Hi Ben,

I purchased it and tried the soap and rinse. The soap is terrible. I started with a laundered mit and by the time I was finished the mit was gray. I rinsed the car carefully letting the filtered water push off the normal rinse water. Car dried very well. The next time, I washed the car with Mcguires Gold and there was very little discoloration of the wash mit. The filtered rinse water again worked well.
Summary: Do not use their soap!! Use soapy water from a bucket. Use the filtered rinse water and wipe down the windows.

Jim

Benman
April 2nd, 2004, 05:27
Hello Jim:cheers:

The soap is crappy, and it does work better with REAL soap. The filtered rinse is the real reason the system works.:cheers:
Ben:addict: