PDA

View Full Version : Brake Warning, owners please read....m....

Speed Technik
March 29th, 2004, 18:13
We have seen a few RS6's that have been low on brake fluid causing the brake warning light to flash and beep. When you pop the hood, you may see enough fluid but the sensor has a high pickup point so on hard, tight right turns it may beep and flash on you. It just takes a little DOT4 and you should be fine.

Brian

Aronis
March 29th, 2004, 21:15
Hey, thanks for the information.

Is DOT4 the correct fluid for the RS6, I thought it had to be pentosin 11S.

Mike

Speed Technik
March 29th, 2004, 21:21
DOT 4, says so right on the filler cap...

Aronis
March 29th, 2004, 21:26
I looked, did not see DOT4 on my cap. Its green with a picture of a steering wheel and a droplet , no text.

I had purchased the 11s for my 4.2 A6. I am going to have to check this one out...

thanks,

Mike

TheBrit
March 30th, 2004, 00:37
We've been having a few problems with this - my RS 6 started flashing brake warning on cold mornings, but when trying to top up, it would hardly take any fluid before it stopped draining it out of the filler neck. Anyway, I kept putting tiny amounts in every now and then and it's finally stopped misbehaving. My buiness partner now has the same issue and once again, it won't take much fluid but randomly complains when first started, even though the "fault" clears after a few seconds.

Mike, are you sure you're looking in the right place? The brake fluid filler is bright yellow, and is located right up behind the firewall. The tank is under a black plastic cover (pull the rubber strip off the firewall seal and you can lift the plastic cover for a better view). The green cap you're describing sounds like the power steering oil fill point. Stuff's tucked away in all kinds of strange places to shoehorn that engine in there!

nyrs6
March 30th, 2004, 03:35
:vhmmm: thats funny because we have the same problembut it only happens when we make a right turn they have replaced a sensor and all at the dealer and it came back again. Youre shure thats whats wrong.

nene
March 30th, 2004, 05:14
The green cap container is power steering fluid, not the brake fluid. The green cap is found right behind the driver's side front light housing, and that is power steering fluid. Don't add brake fluid there!!!

Aronis
March 31st, 2004, 20:05
Oh, shit I was thinking power steering...

hell I even discribed it as picture of a steering wheel .

LOLOLOLOLOLOOL

sorry about that....

I know, I know, D'ooh.

Mike