PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Sedan Body Kit on A6. Questions.

Chrono7
March 28th, 2004, 09:09
I recently got my first car-a 2000 A6 2.7T Tiptronic with 50k miles on it (18,900$ with one year warranty). I absolutely love it. About a year from now I will be trading it in for another car and I want another A6 2.7T, but this time I will get it in the color I want, manual, and newer/less miles. I won't trade that one in ever, though-so I'll be upgrading it performance wise. Upgrading my current one would be a waste of money if I'm just going to be trading it in. Here is my question though-the A4/S4 B5 body is my favorite body on any car ever made. My parents won't let me get and A4/S4 because it's too small, which can be dangerous. I love the look of an A6, but it isn't quit up to par with the A4/S4 in my opinion. What I would like to do is put an RS6 body kit on my A6 because it resembles an A4/S4. I want to model my A6 off of this car: http://www.audiworld.com/features/feature/robfox.shtml. If you could help me find these body mods that would be great.

In short I want to modify my A6 to look as much like an A4/S4 as I can, and I think by using RS6 body parts I could do this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
~Chris

nyrs6
March 28th, 2004, 13:40
Well they make the s-line which has the same wheels and spoiler as the rs6 thats all i can think of.

:rs6kiss:

nyrs6
March 28th, 2004, 13:41
is it a 4.2 because a 4.2 would probably make a big difference. because its the same body.

RobertV
March 28th, 2004, 14:06
The dealer will not give you any extra money for the aftermarket parts you add, in some cases they will give you less because it is not stock.
I would run the car the way it is, maybe add some nice wheels and good rubber, but other aftermarket mods will offer no return on your money as you know (well I take that back, it will make you happy, which is priceless.)
One rule on custom work on cars: do it because you want to and never expect getting money back out of the upgrades.
Never say never on the trade in, the upgrade bug gets us all :D

Chrono7
March 29th, 2004, 00:15
Originally posted by RobertV
The dealer will not give you any extra money for the aftermarket parts you add, in some cases they will give you less because it is not stock.
I would run the car the way it is, maybe add some nice wheels and good rubber, but other aftermarket mods will offer no return on your money as you know (well I take that back, it will make you happy, which is priceless.)
One rule on custom work on cars: do it because you want to and never expect getting money back out of the upgrades.
Never say never on the trade in, the upgrade bug gets us all :D

Right, but I am going to start to save money for mods for my next car, which I am getting next year. Anyone know how I could put the RS6 front bumper on an A6 or where I could buy it or something similar?

Aronis
March 29th, 2004, 02:49
With all the naysayers talking about poor residuals on an RS6, just save you money, driver your 2.7 T with a smile on your face, and you can buy a second had RS6 in two years for $2000.00 bucks...

Of course I don't believe the naysayers and the RS6 will holds some reasonable value.

Mike

Chrono7
March 29th, 2004, 04:16
I decided on this instead: Oettinger (http://www.inside-frankfurt.de/oettinger_rel/bilder/1150.jpeg) . I think it is about $500. Only problem is I need to buy a euro front bumper.