PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing a RS6...............

schackman
March 27th, 2004, 06:11
Greetings !

I am in the market for a RS6 and have found several cars for sale.

My question is what are the color and options for the RS6 and what sort of money are they bringing from the Dealers?
Ive heard that they are more resonable in price right now.

The Audi Web site does not show any ?????(color+options)

Anything else I will need to know will be helpful and any opinions welcomed as to your impressions as owners.

I also intend to eventually mod the car for MAX performance.......... being a major HP maniac.

Any suggestions for Tuners??? Ive heard tail of this car having 600 + HP Potential..................I am game, just need more R/D

Thanks Guys !
Schackman

rs6w
March 27th, 2004, 07:44
The options for the RS6 were very few ( i assume we are talking US spec models here ):

Sound Enhancing Exhaust
Carbon Fiber trim
Navagation system.
Rear seat airbags
Warm Weather

Interior comes in either silver or ebony.

the Exterior colors

Daytona Gray
Misano Red
Avus Silver
Mugello Blue
Goodwood Green
Ebony

The web site won't show anything since you can't directly get to there any more. You can't order the car in the states.

However this link may workhttp://www.audiusa.com/model_preview/0,,modelId-200321,00.html

RobertV
March 27th, 2004, 10:14
Sale prices in NorthEast (http://www2.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3697)

Bauer
March 29th, 2004, 18:22
Schackman-

Welcome to the board!!

As for tuners there are several out there.

MTM - probably one the best known and well respected Audi tuners. If you are in the states then you would contact Hoppen Motorsports.

http://www.hoppenmotorsport.com/news030627.htm

MTM web site

http://www.mtm-online.de/index_en.htm

OCT has had quite a bit of exposure here in the States and are also very well respected. You can contact Brian @ speedtechnik or Bob @ Stratmoshpere they both do OCT.

OCT's web site

http://www.oct-tuning.com/index.php

There is also

Sportech...also very well respected ...I don't know who in the states does their modifications.

in the states there is

GAIC....Garrett who is the owner in a very well respected in the tunning comunity...they are smaller and I do not know how much research they have done on the RS6.

http://www.giacusa.com/giac/home.php?car=au&mn_img=about

Good luck
:thumb:

schackman
March 30th, 2004, 05:17
Thanks alot.

Just picked it up. Avus silver w/ silver int.

All options except warm weather package...........would have liked to have had that and not the navigation system.....but oh well, thats how she came.

Thanks for the tuner list..............leaning toward Hoppen

I am seeing 600+ Hp very soon:MTM:

Just ordered sets of Fikse profil 10's with Bridgstone SO3 Pole position rubber.

If anyone has had their RS6 modded.....please feel free to chime in on additonal info............I am interested.

Thanks much:bye2:
Schackman

CarbonFibre
March 30th, 2004, 08:14
I would suggest going with the tuner that is most local to you. I don't know if Hoppen changes the MTM chips or not. If not, they would be optimised for European fuel which is different than what we get over here. Same thing with Sportec. It's an amazing tuner in Europe, but I don't know how established they are over here. That RS600 car is very nice.

Also check our TJM Motorsports. They are the new North American distributor for Dahlback.

http://www.tjmmotorsport.com/

Nordschleife
March 30th, 2004, 09:19
Originally posted by CarbonFibre
I would suggest going with the tuner that is most local to you. I don't know if Hoppen changes the MTM chips or not. If not, they would be optimised for European fuel which is different than what we get over here. Same thing with Sportec. It's an amazing tuner in Europe, but I don't know how established they are over here. That RS600 car is very nice.

Also check our TJM Motorsports. They are the new North American distributor for Dahlback.

You should be aware that MTM gets barrels of Gasoline sent over to use to tune cars for different countries.
Its what a good tuner does.

R+C

schackman
March 30th, 2004, 15:52
Originally posted by CarbonFibre

Thanks !

Just talked with Tim over there...............Things are begining to look interesting........

Look out:bye2: We could be creating a MONSTER !!!!

Thanks for all the info guys !!!!!!!!!!!

Schackman

JAXRS6
March 30th, 2004, 17:19
Thought I'd add APR to the mix for your consideration. Their chip for RS6 includes several programs, for example "stock" which enables you to drive in stock mode -- handy for dealer visits. Also valet (limits speed to 35 mph or thereabouts), 100 octane, and some sort of security program -- all included for around $2900. HP is said to be around 520, I think, and torque even higher.

The stock program seems especially attractive for the RS6 because there aren't a lot of spare ECMs floating around. With other Audis produced in higher numbers, owners would often switch to a separate stock ECM for dealer visits -- thus deceiving the dealers into thinking they always were driving stock. I never did this but it seems to have been a common practice that will be made more difficult by the lack of RS6 ECMs available.

No, I don't sell APR, and I haven't yet chipped my RS6, but I've had their chips on my 1998 A4 1.8T and my 2000 S4 -- total of about 40K miles with no problems. My driving pattern then was sedate most of the time, with full use of chip's acceleration only occasionally. I mention that because many people have said that turbo failures are as much due to driving style as whether or not the car is chipped.

Some chips for the older models mentioned above might be a little faster, but reliabiliity counts most with me -- especially when dealing with an engine that reportedly costs $46K to replace.

APR has direct port technology for some other Audis, but they are still working on that for the RS6. Direct port means there is no physical chip in the ECM; programming is done through a VAG-COM cable at the hook-up under the driver's dash. Plug in a laptop, turn on the switch and voila -- sort of like a blood transfusion! Until they get direct port ready for the RS6, their RS6 programming is in a regular ECM chip like other brands.

http://goapr.com

I'm not claiming that APR is better than other brands, just that I've had good experience with them and they certainly seem worthy of checking out before you buy. Another thing I like is that they have several distributors nationwide, so I can visit for the switch rather than having to remove & ship ECM on my own. I really don't want to remove the ECM on my own because a) changing household light bulbs is about as high tech as I can comfortably get; and, b) if something goes wrong, someone could always say the box was not removed or re-installed properly -- putting the blame on me. I'd like to avoid that.

FYI Stephen Hooks, President of APR, is the guy who suggested I drive harder to "adapt" my RS6 for better stock performance. I wrote more about this in a thread titled "'Adapting' performance helped improve it' or something similar. Although I've been using APR chips since 1999, we first met a couple of weeks ago at Sebring. I said in that thread that I might not chip soon because stock performance increased so much due to his suggestion, but the fact is that I'll probably consider performance programming later this year or next, or whenever I get so accustomed to stock performance that it seems tepid.

Bauer
March 30th, 2004, 18:17
Sorry to say but I have contacted APR several times and two of their distibutors...just to get some info and dyno charts. There is only ONE guy (so I was told) at APR that has access to them and he is out of the country for two weeks.

I was even told by APR to call a ditributor for the dyno chart as "they did not have one handy". When I got this as a reply to my inquire, I was shocked. Only after prying further did they tell me there was only one person that had access to the info.

Neither of the two distibutors had dyno charts. To me I find this unexceptable especailly given the price of the upgrade. They don't even have it on their web site. If someone was going to buy a product form you that cost FOUR TO FIVE times more than your other compariable products.....I would think as a business it would be rather important to have that information handy.

I cannot speak on the quality of the product.....just my experience so far with them.

Bauer
March 30th, 2004, 18:32
Just ordered sets of Fikse profil 10's with Bridgstone SO3 Pole position rubber.

I have the SO2's...just got them. Nordschleife has said to be very careful with the sidewall strength rating on tires. The RS6 is a heavy car and appearently requires a little more strenght in the tire. Not sure if this would apply to everyday driving as I believe Nord posted earlier that after some high speed runs the tires were removed and they were found to be schreading on the inside (correct me if I am wrong Nord).

I am keeping my SO2's for now as I am not pushing the car hard on the street and therefor I do not this it is as much of an issue. At my next track event...it may be a different story though... but that is not until Nov. so I have some time.:rs6kiss:

JAXRS6
March 31st, 2004, 04:18
Originally posted by Bauer
They don't even have it (a dyno chart) on their web site.

APR is not alone in this. I checked all the web sites above:

MTM -- I could find no dyno chart
Hoppen -- I could find no dyno chart
OC.T -- had dyno chart in German, even when brought up in the English language section
GIAC -- had dyno chart but I could not find a color key to explain it
TJM -- I could find no dyno chart or even a reference to software

This is not to say the APR distributors shouldn't have had easy access to a dyno chart when Bauer called; they should have. In fact it reminds me of one APR weakness: They are not endorsing all of their own distributors. For example, when I suggested at Sebring that I might go to one of their Florida distributors because they're nearby, APR Prez Stephen Hooks suggested I avoid that distributor and drive further to work with others. Based on that I'd suggest that anyone getting an APR chip check with Mr. Stephens first before dealing with one of their distributors.

Having said that it does seem a little unfair, knowing what we know now, to single out APR for not having a dyno chart on their web site since none of the others did particularly well either.

nyrs6
March 31st, 2004, 04:21
try speedtechnik they have a dyno chart for OCT

CarbonFibre
March 31st, 2004, 04:25
It's funny that you say that about that APR distributor. The one over here has got a pretty bad rap from some of the dumb and distasteful things they've done. APR knows how bad they are but keeps them as the distributor mainly (I assume) because they make the suspension kits that APR sells. The place is Hartmann Motorsports just to let you guys know.

nyrs6
March 31st, 2004, 04:26
Originally posted by JAXRS6
Thought I'd add APR to the mix for your consideration. Their chip for RS6 includes several programs, for example "stock" which enables you to drive in stock mode -- handy for dealer visits. Also valet (limits speed to 35 mph or thereabouts), 100 octane, and some sort of security program -- all included for around $2900. HP is said to be around 520, I think, and torque even higher.

The stock program seems especially attractive for the RS6 because there aren't a lot of spare ECMs floating around. With other Audis produced in higher numbers, owners would often switch to a separate stock ECM for dealer visits -- thus deceiving the dealers into thinking they always were driving stock. I never did this but it seems to have been a common practice that will be made more difficult by the lack of RS6 ECMs available.

No, I don't sell APR, and I haven't yet chipped my RS6, but I've had their chips on my 1998 A4 1.8T and my 2000 S4 -- total of about 40K miles with no problems. My driving pattern then was sedate most of the time, with full use of chip's acceleration only occasionally. I mention that because many people have said that turbo failures are as much due to driving style as whether or not the car is chipped.

Some chips for the older models mentioned above might be a little faster, but reliabiliity counts most with me -- especially when dealing with an engine that reportedly costs $46K to replace.

APR has direct port technology for some other Audis, but they are still working on that for the RS6. Direct port means there is no physical chip in the ECM; programming is done through a VAG-COM cable at the hook-up under the driver's dash. Plug in a laptop, turn on the switch and voila -- sort of like a blood transfusion! Until they get direct port ready for the RS6, their RS6 programming is in a regular ECM chip like other brands.

http://goapr.com

I'm not claiming that APR is better than other brands, just that I've had good experience with them and they certainly seem worthy of checking out before you buy. Another thing I like is that they have several distributors nationwide, so I can visit for the switch rather than having to remove & ship ECM on my own. I really don't want to remove the ECM on my own because a) changing household light bulbs is about as high tech as I can comfortably get; and, b) if something goes wrong, someone could always say the box was not removed or re-installed properly -- putting the blame on me. I'd like to avoid that.

FYI Stephen Hooks, President of APR, is the guy who suggested I drive harder to "adapt" my RS6 for better stock performance. I wrote more about this in a thread titled "'Adapting' performance helped improve it' or something similar. Although I've been using APR chips since 1999, we first met a couple of weeks ago at Sebring. I said in that thread that I might not chip soon because stock performance increased so much due to his suggestion, but the fact is that I'll probably consider performance programming later this year or next, or whenever I get so accustomed to stock performance that it seems tepid.

yup APR is known to be the best for audis. however it seems to be fo the RS6 APR doesnt have it all together.

JAXRS6
March 31st, 2004, 04:51
CARBONFIBER: You may be right about the reason APR retains its Los Angeles area distributorship, but another reason may be that LA is the biggest US market & the APR web site shows only one distributor there. So, APR might prefer keeping them to having no one at all, at least until they can line up someone more to their liking.

NYRS6: You say APR doesn't seem to have it together for the RS6. Do you say that because they have not yet come out with direct port for the RS6, or is there another reason? Direct port is very sophisticated stuff -- no one else has it or is even working on it as far as I know -- so personally I can forgive them for taking their time to get it right, since the RS6 also is one very sophisticated/complex machine. But if you mean there is something wrong with the RS6 chip programming they already sell, please tell us more!

BTW sometimes a contract dispute is the reason for not getting along too well with a distributor, which might not have any material impact on customers. Unless APR dumps that distributor later -- possibly causing the customer to drive farther if servicing is needed.

nyrs6
March 31st, 2004, 04:53
Ask speedtechnik he will tell you he put the apr software in and compared it with oct.

hogan
March 31st, 2004, 07:28
I had APR in my RS6 and had fault code problems. I received a full refund. I would be very weary of APR or any brand new software tuner. I would look at MTM or some other European chip maker. No offense, US boys are way behind the curve in R & D.

CarbonFibre
March 31st, 2004, 07:29
Revo is direct port (they may or may not have stolen things from APR, that's another story). Their thing isn't ready yet either. Direct port is very complicated and on a car such as the RS6, it would not be a priority being that it is not as much of a moneymaker. They have been working on their stage 3 turbo kit for the TT 225 lately from what I've heard.

CarbonFibre
March 31st, 2004, 07:33
Hey, GIAC is pretty good. APR has been around for a bit that I wouldn't consider them "new" exactly.

*Edit: I'm not saying to tryst them or anything.

JAXRS6
March 31st, 2004, 10:00
Originally posted by hogan
I had APR in my RS6 and had fault code problems. I received a full refund. I would be very weary of APR or any brand new software tuner.

Thanks for that but I'm still wondering if you had performance problems too, since (as CarbonFibre points out) APR is not brand new. I got my first chip from them five years ago, problem-free as I said, and they had been in business a while before that.

hogan
March 31st, 2004, 18:53
IM just talking about the RS6 chip from APR. Chips wont give you egine damage. The ECU has many safety features that put the car in dummy mode. Chip must be removed and sent back to manufacture

Bauer
March 31st, 2004, 19:50
I have done some additionaly research on APR and truns out that they seem to be very competent in the 1.8t and 2.7t arena. Also that they really tend to make most of their money from selling VW performance parts. As for the RS6 ,they do have one and have done testing on it. However, per Nord MTM ships gas from different parts of the world to tune their chips specificly to the quality of gas. APR take 93 and 87 and mixes them to try and get 91. I think this will give and indication of how detail oriented they are. Not to say the mixing of gas does not work and that you will have problems...just that getting the exact gas would seem to be the optimal way to go.

On the MTM front.....truthfully, I think their prodcut is probably one of the bests if not the best...but my recent inquires with Hoppen has left a sour taste in my mouth.

nyrs6
March 31st, 2004, 20:15
APR is a very good company probably the best for most audis however for the rs6 they dont have it stright. I am shure if you wait like a year they will have it right and it will be the best chip out.

BlackRS6
March 31st, 2004, 20:26
Just another data point on APR given the recent postings... I talked to Patrick at APR this afternoon (concerned) and was told that they have over 70 software upgrades sold and installed to date with only two reported problems, one was with a cold weather package that was corrected in 24 hours, and the second was the "dummy mode" issue that posted earlier where they gave a full refund back to the disatisfied customer. If true and given the number of RS6s in the US and the APR upgrade was only available since October, 70 installations is impressive and the product seems pretty reliable.

Maybe I am just being hopefull given I have upgraded with APR and have been happy with both the upgrade and the dyno results.

CarbonFibre
March 31st, 2004, 20:26
Yes exactly. I have faith in APR as a company itself and would buy a turbo kit from them as fast as many other tuners, but I would never let Hartmann touch my car. Unless you are going to do tune your car from a far and just order things to be shipped to you, a tuner is only as good as its local distributor(s) sometimes.

As for the fuel, I am no expert, but I know that there are very specific charts for making specific octane ratings when mixing fuel. Could fuel from California be that much different than in Alabama? The only thing I know about that could be different is the use of MTBE or ethanol additives. I don't know if Alabama uses MTBE or has switched to ethanol like other places have. For MTM it's different because they market their products and software internationally, whereas APR is for America only (they do have a British branch).

Bauer
March 31st, 2004, 21:06
Unless you are going to do tune your car from a far and just order things to be shipped to you, a tuner is only as good as its local distributor(s) sometimes.

Agreed...I think this is where many of these tuners are missing the boat. If your local rep sucks and has shaddy business practices then that can been a big factor. I think these tuners should check out who is selling their product a little more closely and to do some end user surveys.

just my 2c

CarbonFibre
March 31st, 2004, 21:36
Interesting link on Hoppen (with references to something I have no clue about):
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1598134.phtml

gjg
March 31st, 2004, 22:44
this aw link discussion is pretty much bs - someone is trying to get FREE upgrade without having original purchaser proof info and naturally Hoppen - and for that matter NONE of the tuners or any software guys - will not provide free of charge upgrade as this would flash stock to whatever they have asked fof.

So the aw guys get pissed off (because they did not get no free lunch) and whoever is the refusing party is immediately labeled the biggest MF/AS....../whatever will fit because they do not hand out free stuff.

I've seen this on aw list before, just goes with the territory

schackman
April 1st, 2004, 00:51
Originally posted by gjg
this aw link discussion is pretty much bs - someone is trying to get FREE upgrade without having original purchaser proof info and naturally Hoppen - and for that matter NONE of the tuners or any software guys - will not provide free of charge upgrade as this would flash stock to whatever they have asked fof.

So the aw guys get pissed off (because they did not get no free lunch) and whoever is the refusing party is immediately labeled the biggest MF/AS....../whatever will fit because they do not hand out free stuff.

I've seen this on aw list before, just goes with the territory

HUH ?:vhmmm:
This went right over my head ?

JAXRS6
April 1st, 2004, 01:24
Originally posted by schackman
HUH ?:vhmmm:
This went right over my head ?

You're not alone; I can't figure it out either.

It's true that APR generally has offered free upgrades as part of its chip programs on cars prior to the RS6. I also saw the link above to an aw (audiworld.com) post from a guy upset because Hoppen wanted to charge him $800 to reprogram a used MTM chip that he bought.

But used chips and free upgrades are not the topic here, so I too am in the dark about what gig means. :vhmmm:

Can someone else help?

CarbonFibre
April 1st, 2004, 01:46
I just posted it because it's part of a discussion on Hoppen. Look at the replies and not just the original thread.

Bauer
April 1st, 2004, 01:58
Typically, when you buy a chip the tuner/dist will include free upgrades. Which comes from feed back and futher testing on ECU/TCU modifications. It is common that the tunner might not to get it exactly right the first time. Sometimes a programming flaw can show up down the road that was not caught in testing therfor a upgrade is needed. Think of it like your Windows operating system....they have upgrades for free all the time.

I am not sure what gig is referring to since Hoppen is the sole US dist for MTM which means they have sold every ECU/TCU upgrade in the US....so it should not matter that the person has or does not have the reciept...if they have a US MTM ECU upgrade, Hoppen got his slice of the pie. Hoppen sees this as an opportunity to get more $$ from people. No one is trying to get anything for free....if there is truly a MTM chip in this guys car then it came through Hoppen bottom line....and he is due the update. It would be like buying your Windows software from Amazon and the if a flaw was found for them(Amazon) to charge for the upgrade. To me this is just an example of how Joe Hoppen works and I for one think it is shaddy. After my inquires with Hoppen....I will not buy any prodcuts from them.....I dont care if they were the sole dist of toilet paper in the US.....I would rather wipe my a$$ with leaves.:D :D

which sucks....beacuse I believe MTM's products to be the best.

schackman
April 1st, 2004, 04:01
So.................At this point Ive decided on the APR chip mod with Tiptronic Chip mod as well.

Also APR Cat back Exhaust system with a set of K&N high flow filters.

Then, after a while, when more R&D is done will I look for more.

It just seems, unless your in Europe, where most of the R&D is happening at the moment on the RS6 (at least for Gorilla power)
that this is a safe bet for 75 more HP.:mech:

Without ripping apart the engine and not being TOTALY STREET PROVEN

What do you gents think???

gjg
April 1st, 2004, 08:01
I also saw the link above to an aw (audiworld.com) post from a guy upset because Hoppen wanted to charge him $800 to reprogram a used MTM chip that he bought.

Bauer, read the original post on aw - this guy DID NOT purchase the chip, he had a used car without any docs and asked Hoppen over a phone for "free upgrade". All Hoppen did he asked for proof of purchase of the original software - guy did not have one and was not willing to ship ECU to them for verification ... and got pissed as he did not get free software by mail.

This is reasonable business practice done with just about any software ...... I am sure that neither one of us would provide free upgrades to anyone who calls up without further verification. Check with any other tuner on the market if they will give you free upgrade when you call them and do not have any info about what is in your car - they will not unless you do one of the above.

Hoppen always provided free upgrades providing the owner had original "upgrade" info or ECU was send in to verify the chipset. Reading the mail you'll see that the pissed off "owner" did not do either.

I have nothing to do with Hoppen outside of having few cars done by them over the years - so I have personal experience with the upgrades - this complaint is bullshit and perhaps designed to turn customers away.

My apology for not being clear with my first post to the topic.

gg

JAXRS6
April 1st, 2004, 08:32
BAUER: I thought I read somewhere last year that MTM has a 2nd US distributor, maybe in Colorado, but I could not confirm this with a brief effort just now on my Google-assisted AOL search engine. Has anyone else heard one way or the other about another US source for MTM besides Hoppen?

GIG: Thanks for the clarity in your 2nd post; what you say makes sense. In fact I'll add a quick story: Last year I met Joe Hoppen and his son, Michael, at their FL office. Joe claimed there had never been a failure of an MTM chip that he had sold -- a pretty strong claim, so I started a thread about it on another forum. Lots of replies claiming they had heard about an MTM failure, or "that's impossible -- no product is perfect," etc., but only one reply claimed personal experience with an MTM failure...and he said he had blown three sets of turbos! But he said no more in his headline-only post, so I emailed him & got a reply saying he had bought the chip used. In my mind, that exonerates Hoppen because as the guy implied, he couldn't even be 100% certain that he had the right chip for his car.

SHACKMAN: Congrats on making a decision amidst all this confusion; "chip wars" can indeed be intense! Good luck & please keep us posted on how things are going as your APR chipped miles add up.:thumb:

Bauer
April 1st, 2004, 18:24
this is really getting OT....sorry

this guy DID NOT purchase the chip, he had a used car without any docs and asked Hoppen over a phone for "free upgrade".

I understand that....upgrade or update? There is a difference. If its an update then he is due it because there is a flaw in the software. If he is trying to go to a new stage then yes he should pay.

guy did not have one and was not willing to ship ECU to them for verification ... and got pissed as he did not get free software by mail.

I read he did not have a reciept...but where did you see on there that he was not willing to ship the ECU to them for coformation??? I could not find it anywhere.

Do you know someone at Hoppen and have you spoken to them on the subject? Just woundering where you got this information?

If in fact he has a bootleged copy (don't know if possible...but I guess anything is) then yes he is due NOTHING. If infact its an original MTM ECU that is in his car then IMO he is due the update(if it is a flaw in the software) for some small fee. Again if he is trying to upgade to a new level of software then yes he should pay. Hoppen is the ONLY dist for MTM in the US...he sells to other retailers but he is the original US channel...which means he got his piece of the orig sale.

gjg
April 1st, 2004, 21:14
here is from the aw post:

$800 to update software on MTM ECU

and than

I would have been very happy to pay a reasonable service fee to have them do the upgrade.

so the way I read it is "upgrade", not update. If he wanted update of current version they would take ECU in, verify the current version and flash it - as they normally do.

MTM is relatively matured product when it gets to US - it is year or more when the new models reach US shore and one would believe that development at that point is already done and extensively field tested. So "updates" of existing software are not likely. As far as I remember MTM modifies the US version for US gasoline too.

Exclusivity? Prices for MTM products are comparable if not lower than in Europe. Wholesale does not bring whole lot of margin in any business ....

Anyway - I do not have any intention to defend either party, my experience with Hoppen over last 12 years is totally different contrary what is stated in that AW discussion.

but, no need to start a contest here for some AW post.... we have better agenda.

gg

Bauer
April 1st, 2004, 23:10
but, no need to start a contest here for some AW post.... we have better agenda.

Agreed.

P.S. My experience may not be the common place with Hoppen it is just what I have been exposed to.

:cheers:

nyrs6
April 2nd, 2004, 04:29
btw somone on this forum just ran 13.5 with the mtm chip vs the 12.4 on the oct chip that we did

CarbonFibre
April 2nd, 2004, 05:56
Originally posted by nyrs6
btw somone on this forum just ran 13.5 with the mtm chip vs the 12.4 on the oct chip that we did
You can't really compare X drag run with Y drag run and draw any conclusions on the better chip. Driver and condition difference changes things. I'm not saying that you are suggesting that, just trying to prevent members from coming to conclusions too quickly.

nyrs6
April 2nd, 2004, 06:18
Driver :rolleyes: anybody can drive a all wheel drive auto at the track there is nothing to it. its one thing if u woud say it was maunual or rear wheel drive. but the rs6 there is nothing too it. Plus it shouldnt be that off. thats what i want to know what were the conditions.

JAXRS6
April 2nd, 2004, 07:33
Different tracks certainly vary. Comparing Milan in Michigan and Moroso in Florida with Bradenton in Florida, both my 6-spd 2000 S4 and my RS6 were half a second to a full second faster at Bradenton. Conditions were similar at all three (nighttime temps around 55-60).

Also, as the original thread points out, the inquiring driver is brand new at this & experience certainly counts too.

nyrs6
April 2nd, 2004, 08:03
what did u run at the track with the rs6 and what was the mph

CarbonFibre
October 13th, 2005, 21:25
Just bumping this post back up because I'm curious what happened to schackman's car. I saw that you were selling it last year, but I'm just curious how it's running and if/when you sold it.