PDA

View Full Version : It Want Stop

sturs6
March 26th, 2004, 01:18
I have this noise that just will not go away. The noise comes from under the drivers feet I can actually feel it when it happens in the pedals and the steering wheel. It is a rubbing sound and happens in reverse or in drive with a slight turn of the wheel. There is also a vibration hmmm type sound under the gas pedak and I think that they may be connected. The first time I let the hear it they said it was the tires but I know what they sound like and that is not what it is and I have never felt tire noise under my gas pedal. The car has been in three times before for this and the last time they changed the shocks and it still did not go away. I have another appointment and I am going to take the tech for a spin to let him hear the sound.

Has anyone else had these problems? or do any of these sound normal? I had another Audi owner tell me the turning was normal but I think he is talking about something else.

JAXRS6
March 26th, 2004, 02:51
Originally posted by sturs6
I have another appointment and I am going to take the tech for a spin to let him hear the sound.

Pardon the pun but that seems like a sound approach. I keep hearing a faint groaning noise in my beast, but not from near the pedals; somewhere on the passenger side or in front of that, I think. In any case, dealer found nothing, so next time I plan to do same, i.e. ask tech to go for a ride with me.

Aronis
March 26th, 2004, 16:06
hey did dealer recommend the usualy fix?

increase the stereo volume LOL.

I hate strange noises and rattles, good luck finding it. but don't give up....

Mike

sturs6
March 26th, 2004, 19:10
Mike I have tried that... :D It does not work either my head starts throbbing. :D
-Stuart