PDA

View Full Version : DVD-Navi?

Bill_Payer
March 25th, 2004, 19:20
Just drove the new S4 Convertible and noticed they put one sort of MMI System in it. Is this the new navigation system for the A/S4 or is it just for the Convertible?

It was a 16:9 screen, so it have to be DVD-based, huh?

I'd like to have a DVD-navi in my S4 Avant (ordering soon)... So... what do you guys think? Want to have the opportunity to watch some movies in the traffic jam!

:s4addict:

/ Bill!

ndrummond
April 4th, 2004, 17:11
Audi has just upgraded the SatNav system in the A4 range to a 16:9 DVD-based system you saw in the new S4 convertible. It is now standard equipment when SatNav is specified as an extra in vehicles built from February/ March onwards, I believe. If you want this then all you have to do is specify SatNav - but make sure you don't get a car built before the change. The new system is much better than the old and includes the MMI interface from the A8/ A6 which has been well receceived versus BMW's iDrive.

Dimitri
April 5th, 2004, 00:06
I just ordered a new S4 avant couple of weeks ago ( my second one, due to some problems) and in fact the only difference with my 2003 model it´ll be the nav system that it´ll be a completely different one whith dvd and MMI system.

And I can tell it seems to be a big imporvement compared to the last nav+ that I had on my last ton audis and I didn´t like it very much compared to the bmw´s I also tried too.

big_mike449
April 26th, 2004, 19:26
Hallo everybody, this is my first post here, please apologize my poor english, its so long that i have written in english.

I´m driving since Feb 27 an S4 Avant TT with new DVD Navi System, i think this is the best you can buy today, in competion with the DVD Navisystem Professionell in the new BMW E60 it is much better in information and using. If you have questions, then ask me, i try to answer .

Gruß Michael

Audihead
April 27th, 2004, 17:12
The Sat/Nav system in the U.S. sucks. It is located between the speedo and the tach. Tell me that doesn't blow big time. We are in the dark ages over here across the pond, don't know why?!:(

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead