PDA

View Full Version : Updating RS6.com - your opinions please

Erik
March 25th, 2004, 14:01
I'm planning on updating the main page www.RS6.com so that it can be updated easier (=more frequently) with news and articles.

So I welcome everyone's ideas on how to make the design, what features you would like to see etc.

One thing that will change is that the main page, forum and gallery will be 'merged.'

If you didn't find the Gallery yet, have a look at http://www.rs6.com/gallery/ and update it with pics of your car.

There is no deadline for this update. I'm running this on a very low budget and a friend is helping. I appreciate the financial help that has been offered already.

Thanks!

Benman
March 26th, 2004, 01:44
I know this is going to sound dumb, but i like the way it's set up now. Can't think of anything to improve. Sorry.:cheers:
Ben:addict:

TaTaPiRaTa
March 26th, 2004, 08:39
me too ;)

Erik
March 26th, 2004, 08:59
Thanks! The forum won't change a bit, but the main page is VERY difficult to update. So I've got A LOT of material that needs to be processed, and the less time I have to spend the better.
The main page will change.

rs6w
March 26th, 2004, 09:00
The only thing I can think of is that when you click on the forums it doesn't pop up a new browser window.

I pretty much skip the home page and go straight for the forums... ( same on AudiWorld ).

Klint
March 26th, 2004, 18:07
A rs6.com business card/flyer would be nice. One that can be downloaded then printed.

I frequently see two Rs6s knocking around or parked up but never managed to get their attention and make the owners aware of the board, which would be nice.

I can't think of much.

Bingocaller
March 26th, 2004, 18:17
I would like the forum to pop up in a browser window (like rs6w)

so u could add it to your favorites.

But a nive site indeed :0:

Klint
March 26th, 2004, 21:25
Updating the default member status' would be cool too...

Say for someone under 100 posts: "RS6 Junior", then at 101-250 posts it goes to "RS6 Senior", then 251-500 posts "RS6+ Senior ", 501-750 posts "RS6 Stardom", 751-1000 "RS6 Addict" and so on... the more comical they are the better, while also remaining on topic.

What do you folks think?

Bingocaller
March 26th, 2004, 21:28
Klint

Great idea :0:

Something like they have on the M5board

Klint
March 26th, 2004, 21:30
Originally posted by Bingocaller
Klint

Great idea :0:

Something like they have on the M5board

IMHO, the ones on m5board are rather bland...but your on the right track...any ideas for comical member status'?

Bingocaller
March 26th, 2004, 23:20
RS6 Insane

RS6 Nerd

RS6 Lover

RS6oholic

Any other ideas anyone ?

:addict:

gabeyung
March 27th, 2004, 02:14
maybe some picture of the day or weak would be cool!! :D

rs6w
March 27th, 2004, 03:17
I would like the forum to pop up in a browser window (like rs6w)

so u could add it to your favorites.

But a nive site indeed :0:

Actually NOT having it pop up is is what I was suggesting.

Bingocaller
March 27th, 2004, 08:15
RS6W

Sorry then - I totally misunderstood u :)

I just want a page I can add 2 my favorites :D

rs6w
March 27th, 2004, 08:28
RS6W

Sorry then - I totally misunderstood u :)

I just want a page I can add 2 my favorites :D

No worries!

Just add www.rs6.com/forum and you're there. It's essentially what I do...:rs6kiss:

Bingocaller
March 27th, 2004, 16:37
One other thing there would be nice about a browser line, is that u can copy a link, and send it to your mates.

Dont know if u can do that at the time ?

Have really missed that

sturs6
March 28th, 2004, 04:39
Bingocaller,
What web browser are you using. If it is Internet Explorer then when you go to rs6.com and click community and the popup appears if there is no browser line then right click on the bar and select the address bar then you should get your browser line. Also you can just hit CtrlD and it will be added to your favorites.
Hope this helps... if not oh well... it makes me feel better about myself. :D
:rs6kiss:
-Stuart

nyrs6
March 28th, 2004, 04:45
my suggestion would be to have more going on, on the home page like updated audi news and all that because the home page is dead.

avdh
March 28th, 2004, 07:54
Links from the forum to the main page (not the main forum page), as well as links on the main page and the forum pages to the members galleries would be nice.

The whole website (other than the forum) is not easy to navigate, and finding pages on the website (the main/non forum)which are sometimes referred to without a link is a major pain.

Erik
March 29th, 2004, 09:41
Originally posted by avdh
The whole website (other than the forum) is not easy to navigate, and finding pages on the website (the main/non forum)which are sometimes referred to without a link is a major pain.

The goal is that the main page will become searchable just like the forum.

Snow
March 29th, 2004, 17:56
Ok, so were talking server side scripting on the first page, right Erik? Then I would suggest that you should show the last 4 or 5 active threads and show them as direct links to the forum.

(Make sure it looks good in Mozilla ;) )

nyrs6
April 2nd, 2004, 08:07
1/4 mile section so everybody can post whatever they did and talk about track tips or better yet make it a "TRACK" Section for any track not just 1/4 mile

GoFastKindaGuy
April 6th, 2004, 14:14
Should we consider a swap/sale section for parts, tires, wheels, logo floor mats, carbon paddles & panels and the like? (Or do we already have one I missed?)