PDA

View Full Version : Over-Boost problem back

Bauer
March 25th, 2004, 00:49
Well,

She is going back to the dealer to try and fix the probelm once again. I am normally a patient person...but this is wearing on me a little. Nothing like being on the trottle only to have the car go into limp mode:vgrumpy:

Was told that it might be loose intercooler piping...will have to see tomorrow.

If it is just loose piping should be a very easy fix.....

Anyone else have this problem?:vhmmm:

Benman
March 25th, 2004, 05:28
Originally posted by Bauer
Anyone else have this problem?:vhmmm:
No, and very sorry to hear. I have to say that so far i've only had some brake issuses ( and i'm sure that by the time i'm done with my next track event the pads will be shot once again:bigeyes: ).

Ben,

I know your Beast is stock, but these are the things that worry me about chipping or modding the car. Call me a scaredy cat but i just don't want to chance something going wrong with my Beast and then AOA finding that the car has been chipped. I can only imagine what kind of bills I'd be paying if a chip was to "blame". And believe me, if they found evidence of a chip, it would be blamed. All the same sure hope this gets resolved for you, i can understand how impatience you must be getting by now:w:

Ben:addict:

avdh
March 25th, 2004, 05:34
Ask your dealer to do a computer check before they start working on the car, and demand a copy of it, so that you have a better idea of what's going on.

For all you know you could have an electrical fault like the one I had, which with time also puts the car in limp mode.

Bauer
March 25th, 2004, 17:44
but these are the things that worry me about chipping or modding the car. Call me a scaredy cat but i just don't want to chance something going wrong with my Beast and then AOA finding that the car has been chipped

Ben

I think this is a concern with almost all RS6 owners....modding the car could possibly change the the responsibility of repairs if the modding is seen to have caused the problem.

Ask your dealer to do a computer check before they start working on the car, and demand a copy of it, so that you have a better idea of what's going on.

Andre,

Ran the fault code with VAG tool and it was over-boost once again. When I did hear about you problem the though did cross my mind.:vhmmm:

bilbozilla
March 26th, 2004, 03:05
Bauer, could your diverter valves have anything to do with it? Knowing the valves don't actually increase boost, but improve response times and not knowing how the the electronics are ptogrammed, if the machine senses boost sooner than anticipated it might trip the fault.

You're a northern california owner. I think the code actually means "overcharge" as a function of what we're paying for premium fuel in this neck of the woods.

Bauer
March 26th, 2004, 17:05
Don't know but Bob @ stratmosphere has said that he has seen the problem before on RS6's and that problem was leaky intercooler piping. Which I can believe because there is a lot of it in in the dual intercooler set up on the RS6.

Also, on a side note.......went to the dealer yesterday to drop the car off and my appointment was LAST thursday:harass: ....put in my outlook a week late. So next Wed it is:rolleyes: ....as they could not fit me in. My dealer is really good about trying to get my car back to me the same day and the RS tech was booked solid yesterday. They said they would try and fit me in but I figured since it was my screw up I could wait. The problem does not happen all the time just on occasion.

I think the code actually means "overcharge" as a function of what we're paying for premium fuel in this neck of the woods

Yeah.....and since you brought it up oil man...whats the deal? Opec cutting out put....I thought the target was 28$ a barrel they were shooting for, I think $37 a barrel is a little more then $28:hahahehe: ....Opec concerned about Iraq out put.....its what about 1.8 million barrels a day with a miximun of 3 million with their current infastructure? I would be interested to hear an insiders thoughts on the subjuct? I know we get a extra special screw the public here in sunshine state.

So is it China, stratigic resreve, concers over terrorism..thoughts?

JAXRS6
March 26th, 2004, 18:17
Originally posted by Bauer
I know we get a extra special screw the public here in sunshine state.

For the record, Florida is the Sunshine State -- says so right on the license plates here. California, where I lived for 24 years, is the Golden State. That used to refer to the color of the foothills in summer. Lately, tho, it seems to refer to the metal now needed in large quantities in order to afford living there!:D

Bauer
March 26th, 2004, 18:36
oops!!...your abosoultly right (offically):D :D