PDA

View Full Version : C5 platform recall does not affect RS6!

nene
March 24th, 2004, 14:57
Looks like there is a recall of all C5 platform autos, except our beloved beasts!!!

Clicky-it-Click!!! (http://www.safetyalerts.com/recall/a/04/v01050.htm)

JAXRS6
March 24th, 2004, 16:47
Originally posted by nene
Looks like there is a recall of all C5 platform autos, except our beloved beasts!!![/URL]

Thanks for posting -- something to be grateful for!:D

In the summary section of your link, they mention the "left drivers side crash element." What is that?

Aronis
March 24th, 2004, 20:19
Sounds like a common wiring problem for the entire A6 line, which could very well include the RS6.

Someone on this board has to volunteer their car to be check by the dealer, and let us all know, I am sure as hell not going to have my dash opened for no reason, they may not find a problem, but I'd bet they would leave a nice rattle behind LOL

Mike

Aronis
March 24th, 2004, 20:22
look at that listing.

Audi will begin notifying owners in July 2004, no rush guys, just don't crash in the mean time while soaked in gasoline..

LOL

I quote:

DEALERS WILL INSTALL A PROTECTIVE COVERING ON THE CRASH ELEMENT. IN ADDITION, THE WIRING HARNESS AS WELL AS THE FELT PROTECTOR ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE DASHBOARD CARRIER WILL BE CHECKED, AND REPLACED IF NECESSARY. OWNER NOTIFICATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING JULY 2004. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT AUDI AT 1-800-822-2834.

Nordschleife
March 25th, 2004, 09:25
The NHTSA probably hasn't realised that not all C5 platform cars are made by Audi - its the old WAU WUA issue. Interestingly, I believe that the All Road has some really odd VINs in the US.

R+C