PDA

View Full Version : anyone know how to mod the signals?

audirs6sport
March 24th, 2004, 07:11
anyone know how to mod the wiring or whatever it takes so that the front two signal bulbs will only blink when necessary and never stay on constantly? thx :rs6kiss:

nene
March 24th, 2004, 14:25
Why don't you like your driving lights?

audirs6sport
March 24th, 2004, 19:44
only driving light there should be is my 8000k low beams and that's it. no fog, no gay amber corners. :rs6kiss:

Aronis
March 24th, 2004, 20:16
I am lost.

What bulbs are you talking about?

Turn Signal, or Fog Lights?

There is a reprogram to let the fogs turn on without the low beams, but I could never get that module accesses with VAG-COM.

If you are talking about the turn signals, take the bulbs out.

Mike

audirs6sport
March 24th, 2004, 22:23
i want the signal bulbs to only work when blinking. not constantly on along with the low beams or high beams.:incar:

john hulbrock
March 25th, 2004, 03:21
Aronis:

What is the reprogram details to allow the fogs to be on without the low beams? do you have any details- my dealer is very cooperative but I need to give him more details.
Thanks for any help

JH

Aronis
March 25th, 2004, 23:21
Ross Tech has an excellent web site. and the data on B6 platform is here:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB6.html

Quote from that page;

09-Elec. Ctrl. Mod. K1 – KWP1281
VAG-COM works fine.

Tweak: Coding options for lighting Coding is 000XY.

X=1 for Xenon Headlights,
X=0 for conventional Halogens.

Country DRLs: Fogs w/o low beams:
Y=1 RDW (Rest of World) No Yes
Y=2 NDL (Netherlands) Yes Yes
Y=3 USA No No
Y=4 KAN (Canada) Yes Yes
Y=5 DAN (Denmark?) Yes Yes
Y=6 SON (Other?) Yes Yes

I am not sure why there are so many Yes/Yes combinations; there must be some other features controller by this. The state of the Radio and Climate Control lighting is affected by this coding as well.

Mike

audirs6sport
March 27th, 2004, 00:13
so i assume no one knows how to mod the front corner signal wiring so that it only lights up when i turn on the signal, not along with the low beams... :addict: :addict: :addict:

nene
April 22nd, 2004, 14:22
Here is your answer:

Link to AW thread on this (http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1622149.phtml)

It seems that someone got SilverVision bulbs with single filament.
This allows the bulb to blink, but not turn on when its driving lights.

The issue is that the SilverVisions I know of come with a round base. Our regular head housings don't take this type of bulb.
You woul have to find a single filament bulb that has the correct base, and try it out.

You might be able to find it in your local AutoZone store.

kreggin
May 31st, 2004, 04:01
I followed the link - there is a little more info now

09-Elec. Ctrl. Mod.__ K1 – KWP1281
VAG-COM works fine._

Tweak:_ Coding options for lighting__ Coding is 000XY.

____ Country____________ DRLs:_ Fogs w/o low beams:
Y=1_ RDW (Rest of World) No____ Yes_
Y=2_ NDL (Netherlands)__ Yes___ Yes
Y=3_ USA________________ No____ No
Y=4_ KAN (Canada)_______ Yes___ Yes_
Y=5_ DAN (Denmark?)_____ Yes___ Yes_
Y=6_ SON (Other?)_______ Yes___ Yes

Fogs w/o low beams only appears to work on 2002 models. For 2003+ models, we know of no way to run the fogs without the low beams, except Canadian, which turns on Daytime Running Lamps (DRL's). We are not sure why there are so many Yes/Yes combinations; there must be some other features controller by this.__ The state of the Radio and Climate Control lighting is affected by this coding as well.

nene
June 1st, 2004, 15:07
I tried this feature and it did not work either. Could not find it.

Where in Columbia are you? I just visited family in Elkeridge, which is close to Columbia. I was there for the weekend.

Aronis
June 1st, 2004, 15:28
Originally posted by kreggin
I followed the link - there is a little more info now

09-Elec. Ctrl. Mod.__ K1 – KWP1281
VAG-COM works fine._

Tweak:_ Coding options for lighting__ Coding is 000XY.

____ Country____________ DRLs:_ Fogs w/o low beams:
Y=1_ RDW (Rest of World) No____ Yes_
Y=2_ NDL (Netherlands)__ Yes___ Yes
Y=3_ USA________________ No____ No
Y=4_ KAN (Canada)_______ Yes___ Yes_
Y=5_ DAN (Denmark?)_____ Yes___ Yes_
Y=6_ SON (Other?)_______ Yes___ Yes

Fogs w/o low beams only appears to work on 2002 models. For 2003+ models, we know of no way to run the fogs without the low beams, except Canadian, which turns on Daytime Running Lamps (DRL's). We are not sure why there are so many Yes/Yes combinations; there must be some other features controller by this.__ The state of the Radio and Climate Control lighting is affected by this coding as well.

I have not been able to access that module with Vag-Com, I have the latest software but the older Serial Port PC connection.....I don't understand why I cannot access that module...oh well...

Mike

nene
June 1st, 2004, 18:11
The older Serial Port you have is the Uni-Com tool. I'm sure that's the one you need to activate the software for, correct?
If that is the case, then Uni-Com will not allow you to access certain modules on the C5 (A6, S6, RS6) line. It allows all modules on the B5 (A4, S4, RS4) though.

I just went ahead and traded it with a Hex-USB instead.
Now I don't have to register the software anymore, which can be a pain. I just install the software on any computer, and then plug the dongle. Also, the Hex-USB does allow access to all modules, including the one you mentioned. However, the mod does not exist for the RS6. Only B6 S4.

kreggin
June 18th, 2004, 00:41
Nene - Kings Contrivance ( Rt 32 and Brokenland Pkwy )