PDA

View Full Version : Audi = Not for the customer

athlon
December 22nd, 2002, 15:45
Mercedes do it, BMW to a certain degree. But Audi just takes it's customers for granted and treats them like idiots. Audi waits till the car is outdated and not up to par with it's rivals, then brings out a high performance version to sell more. The poor customer wants the extra performance but has to buy a inferior car to get it. They did the same with the RS4, at least Mercedes is bringing out AMG cars at the same time as the run of the mill and BMW don't have a long lag either.

Thoughts?

Rhaps
December 22nd, 2002, 18:00
Well .. someone have to finance VW's crazy Pheaton project. :deal:

Seriously, I think you are right, audi should at least make the S-models a bit more powerful, and give them other styling to keep them up to the M's of BMW, and the likes.

In my opinion Audi should either give the S-models more power, or just stop production of S-models and give us the RS's straigh away.

I can't see the point of having both a S-line and a RS-line, they are presenting two top-of-the-line models for each car. :eye:

We don't want to wait 3-4 years before we can start hunting M's and AMG's, :incar: cos the S-models can't coupe with them.

Erik
December 22nd, 2002, 22:50
Originally posted by Rhaps
Seriously, I think you are right, audi should at least make the S-models a bit more powerful...

Power is not the answer to everything.

I think many people - read journalists - would enjoy more driver's involvement.

rennen
December 23rd, 2002, 09:12
Yeah but a very powerful engine is the easiest way to make pepole talk about some model. It almost needs no advertising then. Like the new Merc SL55 AMG a couple months ago. There is still a lot of hype around it.Especially after that fake :mad: test in Auto motor und Sport where they said that it is faster than Lamborghini Murcielago.