PDA

View Full Version : Sebring Speed GT Series

Audihead
March 22nd, 2004, 22:57
Cadillac smoked everyone at Sebring this weekend. The Audi cars looked like they were going in reverse. One managed a 3rd place but not by much. Andy Pilgrim in the second CTS-V started last and finished second. Not bad! The first race and they dominated all comers, now who was that said they weren't sure the Caddy could hang?!

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Benman
March 23rd, 2004, 02:46
Originally posted by Bimmerhead
The first race and they dominated all comers, now who was that said they weren't sure the Caddy could hang?!

They most certainly can hang when they're running almost 100 hp more than the RS 6s.

Audihead
March 23rd, 2004, 16:27
Didn't Audi trade boost for bigger tires or something like that?
If they did, why mess with a winning formula?

Benman
March 23rd, 2004, 16:34
Didn't Audi trade boost for bigger tires or something like that?
If they did, why mess with a winning formula?

They certainly did. Last year they ran 275(tires) vs the 305 they run this year. Last year they were over the 500HP mark where as this year it is prbably less than 460. Caddy on the other hand is making well over 500 (perhaps 530) and it shows!:cheers:

It's funny cause the Saleen has 305 tires AND well over 500HP!

Ben:addict:

Audihead
March 23rd, 2004, 19:44
Yea it is, how do they get away with it? Is it because they don't win that much? If so, then they should get to lighten the car a little or something to compensate according to the series rules right? It seems they should be doing a little better than they are right now. :revs:

Benman
March 24th, 2004, 01:26
Yea it is, how do they get away with it? Is it because they don't win that much?:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

That is EXACTLY it. As soon as you start winning you start getting penalized. As long as you do poorly you can do pretty close to whatever you want.:cheers:
Ben:addict:

Audihead
April 2nd, 2004, 22:17
When's the next race, anyone?

audifan
April 2nd, 2004, 22:37
The next race will be laboer day weekend, I think May 25 at Lime Rock. I'll be going......

Audihead
April 5th, 2004, 00:12
Lucky Dog! I can only squeeze out for the Grand Prix and some local events, work sucks.:w: Get some good pics while your there, that would be really cool. Have a great time.

audifan
April 5th, 2004, 02:10
I'll be planning on it, maybe even some video too...can' wait!

DTMGT
April 7th, 2004, 06:11
I think May 25 at Lime Rock. I'll be going......

dang, I wouldnt mind going there, but I cant make it. Theres always next year....