PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth checking out the 645i?

Klint
March 22nd, 2004, 17:26
Hi,

I can't decide whether it's worth wasting/spending time checking out the 645i?

I've been given a "V.I.P Pass" to view it. Just wondering what action I should take, since the car has a chance to actually look good in person. :confused:

If the answer is yes, I'll do a small article for the board, accompanied with pictures. :)

nene
March 22nd, 2004, 17:43
I've checked it out already, as I was contemplating the convertible 645i, and I have to admit I was very disappointed.

Benman
March 22nd, 2004, 21:48
I voted yes:bigeyes: . It has nothing to do with the car though. I'd attend a V.I.P. event for a Kia. A free drink is a free drink.:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Audihead
March 22nd, 2004, 22:01
Originally posted by Benman
I voted yes:bigeyes: . It has nothing to do with the car though. I'd attend a V.I.P. event for a Kia. A free drink is a free drink.:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Here,Here! I second the motion. :wo:

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Erik
March 22nd, 2004, 22:46
Until the M6 arrives... :cool2:

Benman
March 23rd, 2004, 01:36
Originally posted by Erik
Until the M6 arrives... :cool2:
OK Erik, you got me there. Even Bangle can't stop the M6 from being an exciting car. Though it still will not be pretty.

CarbonFibre
March 23rd, 2004, 03:21
You might as well check it out if it's a free VIP invitation. See if you like it. It's never something I would buy (assuming I could afford one :D ).

oswald
March 23rd, 2004, 03:49
sure, do it, although I do not like the new BMWs lines.... don't forget your camera to take some nice photos...

have fun ;-)

JP4
March 23rd, 2004, 05:40
A good friend of mine who is a BMW/Porsche owner/enthusiast said the 645i actually looks worse in person than it does in photos...FWIW.

Bangle may have really bungled it this time! :hahahehe:

Erik
March 23rd, 2004, 08:21
All I got was a VIP ticket to a french buffet at Peugeot...

Luckily I like french food. :lovl:

Klint
March 24th, 2004, 16:32
errr...I went to check it out this afternoon, and yuck, they had the convertible version in a kind of light green, hideous, the convertible is soo foul looking, eeven worse in the colour they opted for. Aparantly that car was sold.

They also had a coupe in silver with black interior, that looked ever soo much better than the convertable, had a look through the I-drive found a decent seating pisition.

I'm notg sure if it was the champagne or the actual car, but I felt as if my lunch was repeating on me, I saved myself from regurgitating when I left the dealership.

No pictures, it's not worth the bother....lol...I didn't want to look OTT by being the only one taking pictures of the ugly duckling, in front of so many respected folks. :rolleyes:

On a more positive note: The engine sure sounds nice!