PDA

View Full Version : speedtuning

romac
March 21st, 2004, 16:11
Ran across this link on a vwvortex forum. Did a search here and nothing came up. Does anyone have past experience with this product line? Turns out they are located ~ 2 miles from where I work.

http://www.speedtuningusa.com/

Speed Technik
March 24th, 2004, 22:21
Never heard of them nor would I stick a untested and unproven chip into a RS6. To date we have built 23+ monster RS6's with OCT software which to date makes the most documented, relaible and most linear power to date in the US.

:-)

Nordschleife
March 25th, 2004, 09:42
Brian

Please try and moderate your shameless marketing puff - it grates in a forum like this.

You might not have heard of speedtuningusa, but Speed Tuning of Linz in Austria is a respected tuner and well known in Audi circles. I would have thought that they would be well known to Oberscheider, another Austrian tuner.

First rule of business - know your competition.

As you claim OCT has the "most documented, relaible (sic) and most linear power to date in the US", perhaps you would care to dip into your extensive documentation and substantiate this, it would be interesting to see how the different tuners chips stack up against each other.

R+C

Speed Technik
March 25th, 2004, 15:00
I was talking about software in the US market. As far as I know, there are not many if any that are running that particular code in the US. If I am wrong than I am wrong and will make appropriate corrections. We have had several different types of RS6 software in our car on the road and our Dynapack 5k. As far as knowing the competition, the companies that have software currently used by customers, whether they are my customers or not are as follows.

APR
OCT
GIAC
MTM
Revo
Sporttech
ABT

Again I am talking about software that is being used in US models. If there is someone using something different that has data to post, by all means tell the community about it. There are a few companies out there that say they have code available, but have no data to back it up and or no real world customers using it (again as far as I know). All I am saying is that we have been through the gama of software and have been happy with the companies we carry after extensive testing. There are several rs6.com members that we have done software for and they are very happy with the end product. The documentation is on this site as well as speedtechnik.com. If you are looking for something inparticular, ask me. I can only publicly comment on software that I carry per our policies. If you or anyone else cares to discuss this further, feel free to call me.

Nordschleife
March 25th, 2004, 15:37
Brian

O.CT is an Austrian tuning firm. I do not see Speedtechnik listed amongst their Partners, although Stratmosphere is listed; are you a reseller or do you actually help develop the software for US conditions?

You claim you have tried several different tuners software on your car, well it would be very interesting to see how "your" software compares with other tuners' software, given your 'most documented claim'.

Some simple tables setting out different the tuner's torque at different rpm, would be a helpful start.

All you are asked is to substantiate your claim "most linear power to date in the US", without evidence, this doesn't mean very much.

R+C

Speed Technik
March 25th, 2004, 16:18
OCT Stage 2

Plots (http://www.speedtechnik.com/popup_inhousecars/more%20in-house%20rs6.html)

Haven't scanned boost or a/f yet.