PDA

View Full Version : RS6 at Sebring: Need help hosting video

JAXRS6
March 20th, 2004, 05:42
The good news is, I have some video of an RS6 leading Friday's Speed World Challenge at Sebring: 4.23 MB, about 15 seconds. Quick Time.

The bad news is, I have no idea how to post it here. Guess I need a "host," but I'm no genius about these things. If it's simple and someone can help, let me know ASAP -- preferably before I leave Saturday afternoon for the "12 Hours," which will put 85 miles between me and my high speed on-line capability.

steve
March 20th, 2004, 07:37
Hi there JAXRS6

I could host if for you
Got msn messenger? would be the easiest way the send me the file so I can upload it on my site

My adress is shark_windey@msn.com

Let me know something
greetings,

Steve

JAXRS6
March 21st, 2004, 16:54
Just wanted to let forum readers know that Steve and I are working on this, i.e. enabling my video to be seen here. But as often happens, at least to me, software installation instructions are unclear (e.g. directing me to places I can't find), so it probably won't be up before today's coverage of Friday's Speed World Challenge GT race on SpeedTV at 1 p.m. eastern time in US. Dealing with time differences between Belgium and the US is another challenge to our progress: Sometimes he writes, I'm sleeping; other times I write, he's sleeping, etc., so everything takes longer.

I plan to continue trying, however, so the video may be here eventually; just not right now.

oswald
March 21st, 2004, 17:36
If I may advise something - use www.yousendit.com - you have 1gb space for free for a week. I'm sure everybody interested in the video will get it on time...http://www.yousendit.com

JAXRS6
March 22nd, 2004, 01:47
Thanks, Oswald. I just tried that site but there's a warning that they are having problems right now. I've been having problems too, including spending over an hour trying to get this done, so I plan to wait & maybe try later (when their warning message is gone).