PDA

View Full Version : air box mod or cai?

audirs6sport
March 17th, 2004, 05:47
i've heard about modding ur current existing air box by drilling holes on it is better than buying a cold air intake. what u guys think? :addict: :addict: :addict: :rs6kiss:

gnomik007
March 18th, 2004, 02:32
are we talking about drilling the carbon cover of the engine?

audirs6sport
March 19th, 2004, 04:55
hmm i think like on the side or under the box. definetely not the top. :rs6kiss:

Audihead
March 19th, 2004, 21:49
Originally posted by audirs6sport
i've heard about modding ur current existing air box by drilling holes on it is better than buying a cold air intake. what u guys think? :addict: :addict: :addict: :rs6kiss:

I think this might not be a very good idea. Lets more air in, also more crap as well. I think it will disturb the air flow as well making it more turbulant, not as efficent. With a car that is so reliant on moving lots of air to make power I think you should be very careful in your choice of altering the induction system. :nono:
Just my thoughts on the matter. I hope you find a good solution. Cheers.

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Aronis
March 20th, 2004, 19:27
There are too many postings about this mod and that modification of the already very powerful engine.

What interests me would be the ability to use the VAG-COM interface to program a ECU at home using a lap top computer.

It's just a matter of someone figuring out how to copy that software....

I paid $350 for a chip for my 1994 325 is which added hp and took away the top speed limit. This chip was a 10 minute swap.

So why do they now charge so much for the few electrons needed to zap your processor with new software! If the chip with the software was only $350 why do they now want $1200 and up? The chip you could swap back in 10 minutes, the reprogram you have to go back to undo it....does the 1200 bucks include any warrantee? I doubt it.

Artur Costa
March 21st, 2004, 06:24
Actualy I believe the RS6 can be reprogramed buy OBD II cable and that should be very cheep!

Our A4 Avant 1.9TDI from 2003 has that and it takes 2mins to put it from 130bhp to 180bhp :eek: Then another 2mins to get back to stock!

The calbe costs 100€....

Aronis
March 21st, 2004, 17:22
OBD II Cable..

I have a cable that came with my VAG-COM software which interfaces with the ECU, so I have the cable....

who has the software? We all have capable PC's, just need the updated software to tune our cars!

If Audi is putting out at RS6 plus, I bet the increase HP is only from new software, so why not offer a software update via the dealers for NO CHARGE.....

What gives Audi.....