PDA

View Full Version : 1/4th mile

RS6 OOOO
March 15th, 2004, 00:03
has anyone run thiers at the track? i heard a rumor somewhere that a stock one was running in the 11s. just curious.

nyrs6
March 15th, 2004, 00:28
those are biggg rumors! :brag:

we ran 13.4@105 stock but it can go 12.8@107 just was the first time

we ran chip and exhaust are best was 12.4@112 but should go 12.2@114

11s stock are dream numbers unless you converted it to manual which then you would launch it at 6500 rpm:D

and then have alot of repairs after that :mech:

and then for some reason youre pocket is not as big as it used to be :trash:

JAXRS6
March 15th, 2004, 03:18
My best was 13.6 before I learned that drag racing could void my warranty. Haven't been back since.

The warranty text has a prohibition on "competitive events," so I asked my AOA owner advocate if that includes drag racing. He checked on it, called back and said yes.

RS6 OOOO
March 15th, 2004, 05:54
all the magazine i read said 12.8 and 12.6 what was the elevation when you ran. i was expection something better

JAXRS6
March 15th, 2004, 07:19
I was expecting better, too. Elevation was probably about 50 ft, since I got that time at Bradenton in Florida. Earlier I got only 14.2 in Michigan, also near sea level, and my S4 showed a similar difference between the two tracks.

The lesson I learned was that tracks can make a big difference! Also, the car mag guys do this for a living, so even tho it's an automatic, I figure I have to give them a little advantage just because of their experience.

Air temperatures can make a difference, too. My runs in MI and FL both were at night, with temps probably in low 60s IIRC. But, again, if the car mag guys were running when it was much colder, that too could give them an advantage.

There was a thread many months ago on this subject, with numerous hints re launch etc., but it's very late here & I'm just too tired right now to try to find it. Search function might help if you want to pursue it.