PDA

View Full Version : Well, if anyone wanted to know

Bauer
March 9th, 2004, 01:52
A 2003 Acura NSX is not faster than an RS6:bye2: . I had a guy late the other night try and take me three times. I didn't walk away from him but did very slowly pull on him. It was about 1:00 am on my way home and the freeway was pretty dead only a few cars out (mid week).

Buffed guy whith a shaved head and tight shirt and driving a white NSX came up behind me, I floored and then slowed. He then moved next to me and then floored it again....he tried three times and then gave up. I was laughing to myself as I left him behind on his last attempt.

I doubt he went home and told his wife/girlfriend or whoever for that matter that he couldn't beat a 4 door two ton sedan.:brag: I don't think jockeys in NSX's, Porsches or other sports cars tell people about their experiences with RS6's. But I think it is rather entertaining that my Orca can compete with this class of cars.:thumb:

Benman
March 9th, 2004, 03:06
Originally posted by Bauer
But I think it is rather entertaining that my Orca can compete with this class of cars.:thumb:

Sweet:D I think your right. I doubt i would run home and tell my spouse i just got beat by a 4 door either.:cheers:
Ben:addict:

Audihead
March 9th, 2004, 03:37
Funny how when they win they tell everyone. But when they lose they tell noone. Way to shut him down:revs: :harass:

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

JP4
March 9th, 2004, 05:39
You da mannn Bauer! :thumb: :cheers:

steve
March 9th, 2004, 06:43
Cool:D :rs6kiss: !

But should be normal eh; NSX has 276 bhp. Still, a big four door saloon capable of carying 5 people beating a sportscar like an NSX is pretty amazing! One unhappy guy in an NSX I guess:D

sturs6
March 9th, 2004, 12:48
Bauer Bauer Bauer Bauer:dance:
Way to go... good representation of the beast. I bet he goes and trades his car in, I know I would...:D

Aronis
March 9th, 2004, 13:17
Funny, I have never seen a post on the WRX sites talking about beating an NSX, or any other car for that matter.

They only like to boast about 'pretending' they bested an RS 6. Hell, they don't even try to compair their WRX's to an M5 (only one posted something on that).

I have yet to come across anything which can out accelorate my RS 6 from a cruising 65 to over 100....

Mike

nene
March 9th, 2004, 15:08
I vote Bauer for Prez!!!

Way to represent Bauer. Glad he gave you a couple of tries, to make sure that he did not stick with you the first time by way of bad luck/shifting!!!

I have yet to come across anyone that is even that playful. Folks don't even try to play once I'm riding my beast...

I prefer when they stop afterwards, when possible, and talk cars for 10 mins.
After all, we just fooled around , the least I could get is some dessert!

jgun81
March 9th, 2004, 17:31
Bauer
You would not happen to know the NSX was tuned?
Because I think many NSX owners know that NSX is not
a fast car(considering the price tag) in straight line.
However, I like NSX even though it's pretty old, it still
has amazing handling, cornering. but I don't like the price.
The new NSX looks good and should be faster than current NSX.

Bauer
March 9th, 2004, 17:40
The NSX was new (2003) ...no plates as of yet. I don't know if it was stock or not but the 2003 models have 290hp.

http://www.new-cars.com/2003/acura/acura-nsx-specs.html

JA
March 9th, 2004, 17:44
Nice to hear that a beast-owner caved in the psyche of NSX-man.

I elicited a bit of an awed stare myself this past weekend. I was engaged by a pretty hot chick in a 911. I think she thought I was just a generic A6 or something. I'll tell you, that 3rd gear in Tiptronic is a weapon! I downshifted from 4th to 3rd and was running about 4,000 rpm. I flashed my turn signal, hit the accelerator, and passed her and the car in front of her before shifting up into 4th. At that point, I was north of 90mph and let her wind down.

After another 100 yards or so, we were running about even and I was able to look over at her. She was shaking her head approvingly, with a wide-eyed look...!

:addict:

Benman
March 9th, 2004, 18:58
Originally posted by jgun81
Bauer
it still
has amazing handling, cornering.

Here, here. We have to remember that the NSX is a true driver's car. It connects the driver to the experience far better than the RS 6 ever could. That way the driver "feels" better as his butt gets handed to him!:D

Ben:addict:

GmbHouse
March 10th, 2004, 01:52
"I have yet to come across anything which can out accelerate my RS 6 from a cruising 65 to over 100...."

A friend of mine recently bought a new E55. We both happened to be driving home one night , late, in formation. As we headed up a long 6% grade at 65 we both punched it on que. I thought my RS6 was fast, OMG that E55 goes. He had no trouble pulling on me until we shut it down at about 135. That said, he says his car always feels on the edge of traction, and barely controllable. It's a dragster though.

Aronis
March 10th, 2004, 16:12
I don't get any uneasy fealings at those speeds even with my snow tires on.

If the AMG 55 is faster, but feels 'edgy' then let them try pulling away on a twisty road. LOL

Mike

GmbHouse
March 10th, 2004, 17:27
Or a road with anything but bone dry, clean pavement. I had my snow tires on and felt completely stable.

Aronis
March 10th, 2004, 17:36
The AMG is a very nice car...no question..has some better lux items too, like the ventilated and heated seats LOL...

I prefer the styling and interior design of the A6 line though, thus the RS 6 yet wins another area key to my car purchase.

1. All Wheel Drive (snow ease)
2. interior styling, you see that more than the outside
3. creature comforts
4. exterior styling, you see that too LOL
5. OMG PERFORMANCE, hell move that to number One.....

Mike

CarbonFibre
March 11th, 2004, 05:15
What's funny about the E55 even if it's faster in a straight line, the ESP is constantly flashing. In semi-enthisiastic driving that yellow triangle with the ! in the middle is blinking all day. My brother's car does it a lot and that's the old 2000 E55 with the N/A motor.

Alan
March 11th, 2004, 10:42
had a run in with a 'c5 vette and was able to pull on him fairly easily