PDA

View Full Version : The official thread on "RS6" searches on other messageboards.

Klint
March 7th, 2004, 17:15
Hi,

Been pretty bored today since Ferrari won with a 1 - 2 win. zzZz

So, I've been browsing through a couple of forums which I searched in google, just for interests sake.

Came across a Subaru forum and decided I would search for the RS6. Then I came up with the idea for this thread.

This thread isn't to provoke any disagreements and such; since it's just for fun. It may also include some random banter, so feel free to move the thread into the OT forum.

An interesting and entertaining discussion going on here (http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=48841&highlight=RS6) :D

gjg
March 7th, 2004, 18:06
Klint, they are full of shit

I had number of runs with few WRX during last three years, some of them moded. And not with RS6 but with S6 Avant with Lehman tunning (about 390 hp, stick gearshift).

I can assure you that once you get over about 120 they can keep up and, once your over 200 (kmph that is) they have only wet dreams - they loose it at about 240 for sure.

One of our business partners have WRX tweaked to about 300 hp. He is pissed off every time we meet because he has yet to outrun my old 1995 Audi Station Wagon. Not to mention the maintenance issue because he has to completely overhaul the engine every 100,000 km while I am right close to 300,000 km and the babe still takes the same amount of oil as she did in 1995/96 ....

With RS6 rolling it would be more to the size of the drivers balls that car performance. RS6 would outperform Subaru with no sweat - at least in Europe where in some parts you do not have to watch for tax collectors all the time (that is outside of UK) and you can concentrate on driving ..... didn't I mean to say whipping that ricey ass?

Street light racing may be different .

George

Benman
March 8th, 2004, 02:59
It is possible that he wasn't exaggerating too bad. After all jconley took on an STI WAY back after he first got his Beast and was impressed with how well the Subi did. But you're right about the 130 + thing. At those speeds the RS 6 should walk away.

Ben:addict:

ott
March 8th, 2004, 13:37
Some facts from real life Audi vs. Subaru, one mile from standing start:

'00 RS4 244 kmh
'99 S4 235 kmh
'98 Impreza 227 kmh (appr. 300 hp.)
'95 S6 229 kmh (4.2, man.)
'97 Impreza 218 kmh
'02 STi 217 kmh
'03 WRX 216 kmh
'99 Impreza 216 kmh
'95 S6 Avant 213 kmh (4.2, tip.)
'01 S8 211 kmh
'02 WRX 207 kmh
'92 S4 206 kmh (2,2T, tip.)

Those are results from local One Mile top speed shootout. All Audis on the list are bone stock, don't know about Imprezas, except that fastest one is modified. Of course cars are different and may-be somebody else with different car will run better/worse numbers, but those are results which were achieved on the same track same time.

Unfortunately nobody with RS6 hasn't participated yet, but I guess it would run 250-255 kmh. May-be somebody from Sweden would like to come over in 29.05 (this year's race) and give it a try ? :)

Aronis
March 8th, 2004, 17:45
I have seen that post/thread before.

It's a fun rivalry though....

My nephew has an older WRX Wagon, with automatic, and he has modified the exhaust, the turbo, turbo valves,etc and added nitros injector! It's fast, it's great in the snow, but it's no RS6.

Mike