PDA

View Full Version : XM tuner box is available where?

Jim
March 5th, 2004, 17:37
Can someone provide a source/contact/price for the XM box required to complete the sat radio system on a 2003 RS6.
Thanks for any help.

nene
March 5th, 2004, 17:48
Just call up any dealer, preferably the one you got the car from, and order the satellite radio module you want.
Keep in mind that Audi makes two different modules. One for XM and one for Sirius.

Make your choice of service provider first, and then order the module you want. Installation is easy for DIY, but you can have your dealership install it for you.

I brought my car in for maintenance service, and my dealership installed the XM module for free. I had bought it from them.

UrQ
March 5th, 2004, 17:50
Make sure you ask your dealer for the Audi activation code to get your 3 free months !

momo
March 10th, 2004, 06:11
For those interested in Sirius radio, you or your dealer may encounter a problem qualifying for the 3 month free incentive program, (free activation fee and three months free service.) This is how you can qualify.

Sirius has a Audi provided list of VIN numbers of cars equipped for Sirius radio. Unfortunately, some (all?) RS6's ay not be on that list because our cars were special orders and the Sirius modules were not available for installation dockside, (our modules were available later as a dealer install item). It is also possible that Audi simply failed to include our cars in the list provied to Sirius of prewired A4s and A6s. In either case, members may have problems registering for the incentive program.

The first time I called Sirius' toll free number to register for service, the Sirius rep. offer me the incentive package because my dealer needed to first register my VIN No. and module number. (It seems that my car wasn't on a pre qualified list supplied by Audi.) I then called Matt Stanton of Audi of Alexandria, who valiantly tried to register me on line and by telephone, but another Sirius rep. told him that he couldn't qualify my car because my module was a dealer install item. (I suppose they were thinking that our system was like the factory systems from Honda etc.)

That seemed wrong to me, so I called to speak with Trish, who is the Sirius customer service supervisor. She asked for an opportunity to investigate the problem. Within a few hours, she had her representative call me back to register my VIN and module for the program.

I am very happy with my satellite radio choice. (100% commercial free streams with music, NFL, NBA, ESPN and NPR.) Moreover, Sirius took prompt steps to fix my problem once I brought it to the supervisor's attention. But, members may have to ask for Trish if a Sirius rep. tells you or your dealer that your RS6 is not on the qualified list for the 3 month free incentive progam.