PDA

View Full Version : Who owns who?

Erik
March 5th, 2004, 09:42
http://www.expressen.se/content/1/c6/10/22/68/7a76223b.gif

remedy
March 5th, 2004, 10:22
How correct is it though? When was it updated? For example, doesn't Proton own Lotus?

Erik
March 5th, 2004, 10:33
Originally posted by remedy
For example, doesn't Proton own Lotus?

I guess it's accurate. If Proton owns 100% then it's 100% Lotus...just like Porsche is 100% but on the public stock market.

Klint
March 5th, 2004, 11:00
Originally posted by Erik
Porsche is 100% but on the public stock market.

but you'll find the major shareholders of Porsche are actually selected. :p

As for Proton owning Lotus, that's not entirely accuarte....Proton own the engineering devision of Lotus, not 100% the car side of the firm.

AriciU
March 5th, 2004, 12:48
Hmm. I thought BMW owned Rover and MG.
Funny that Dacia is mentioned in that list. It was bought by Renault some years ago. It's the first romanian car maker :) Big pieces of shit come out of the factory :D

Klint
March 5th, 2004, 13:07
Originally posted by AriciU
Hmm. I thought BMW owned Rover and MG.

They did untill about 2-3 years ago. It was then sold onto another firm for £10, but the company came with £100mlns of debt to be cleared/wrote off. BMW messed up a relatively stable company at the time, by trying to do a VW with it, that was to share platforms throughout the model range and so forth, but it just didn't work out for BMW/Rover/MG.

BMW then seperated the Land Rover and MINI brand from the MG/Rover group and sold the LR/RR brand onto Ford. BMW keeps the MINI brand till this day.

MG now produce some good products, I'm still unsure about the Rover brand since they are offering massive savings when buying new, that's to tempt people to buy them. :)

Audihead
March 5th, 2004, 16:52
Where's Acura, it should be with Honda. GM now owns Hundai and Kia. Rover and MG by Ford. Also GM holds a 20% stake in Fiat.
Car companies are so incestous. We should just have one global company Screwemall Motors. That should do it.:D

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Nordschleife
March 5th, 2004, 17:00
Originally posted by Bimmerhead
Where's Acura, it should be with Honda. GM now owns Hundai and Kia. Rover and MG by Ford. Also GM holds a 20% stake in Fiat.
Car companies are so incestous. We should just have one global company Screwemall Motors. That should do it.:D

Would you like to check your information and amend the above series of mis-statements?

R+C

Audihead
March 5th, 2004, 20:14
Hyundai owns 36% of Kia. The Rover MG Group is owned by the Phoenix Consortium headed by John Tower formerly head of Rover. Sorry for the confusion, when I saw Kia intergrated into the GM display at Detroit, I figured they sucked it up too.

:doh: