PDA

View Full Version : New A6 - video and photos

Erik
March 4th, 2004, 11:18
I really like the side view. In RS6-shape this would become really aggressive! :vgrumpy:

Including a nice video. London, Sweden (including blone :heart: ), Milano, Madrid, Paris, Berlin...

http://www.audi.co.uk/newcars/newA6/revealed/index.jsp?&liveConnect=true

iconcls
March 4th, 2004, 12:39
Thanks Erik.

(I X-posted this find on AW)

mdzog
March 4th, 2004, 18:44
Thanks for the link :0:

I don't know if I like that new grill out line yet... I know its the same basic design with the 2 crome outlines blended in to one. but it just seems to big and some how reminds me of a volvo when I catch it in the corner of my eye.

JAXRS6
March 5th, 2004, 08:02
Originally posted by mdzog
I don't know if I like that new grill out line yet... I know its the same basic design with the 2 crome outlines blended in to one. but it just seems to big and some how reminds me of a volvo when I catch it in the corner of my eye.

I'll second that, but I agree with Erik that the new A6 has a great profile -- partly because it resembles a current RS6 IMO. The rear end looks nice, too.

The interior leaves me a little cold, tho. Sorry. The driver's side dash resembles ... I don't know, a '58 Ford Galaxy or some such; or maybe an older generation pickup? Not something that makes me think luxury, in any case. But others younger than I or from outside the US, which is most of Audi's world, may not have this hangup.

Cool video, Erik -- thanks!

Nordschleife
March 5th, 2004, 08:29
I'm just back from Geneva.
In the metal the new A6 looks very good and the front grill treatment looks fine. Its received the ultimate acolate, another manufacturer has copied it already! In this case Rover with their new V8.
I was dubious abourt the interior layout, until I tried it; now I am convinced. Its very pleasant to sit behind the wheel, which is the new style for the company, and have the strongly driver focussed controls and instruments. My Bluetooth mobile hooked up immediately to the car's internal phones and I could read my phone book on the display, all controlled from buttons on the wheel.
R+C

TheBrit
March 5th, 2004, 13:44
Originally posted by Nordschleife
My Bluetooth mobile hooked up immediately to the car's internal phones and I could read my phone book on the display, all controlled from buttons on the wheel.
R+C
Now this I'm interested in! Do you think this is a new feature for the A6, or is it likely the A8's MMI system does this (or will be upgraded to support it)? I assume your mobile supports SIM Access Profile (in Nokia terminology), which is their technology for making an embedded phone in a car able to sign on to a network using the SIM data from a Bluetooth mobile.

Any info appreciated!

TIA

Chris

Nordschleife
March 5th, 2004, 14:05
Chris
The A8 MMI system does this too.
I am using Ericsson technology, presently.
If you are using a Cullman carkit, you can get a bluetooth cradle, which will offer similar functionality in other cars.

R+C

UrQ
March 5th, 2004, 14:57
I did not think that Cullman had a bluetooth craddle/adaptor. What would be nice is if someone made a bluetooth adaptor for the Motorola craddle in the RS6, then I could use my T68i.

Nordschleife
March 5th, 2004, 16:01
I can't find the Bluetooth adapter on the Cullmann website any longer, although Bluetooth is mentioned as a VC3 capability. I wonder if its been withdrawn, I know that there have been some I.P. issues.

R+C

TheBrit
March 5th, 2004, 20:08
Originally posted by Nordschleife
Chris
The A8 MMI system does this too.
That's what I was hoping to hear - I didn't see why the privacy handset would be Bluetooth unless there was other Bluetooth functionality. My dealer has two cars kitted with GSM phone and Bluetooth handset - hopefully I can ask them to compatability test my choice of phone for me.

Thanks for the info.