PDA

View Full Version : Formula one starts this weekend!

Klint
March 4th, 2004, 12:17
This weekend the Formula one season kicks off at Melbourne! :wo:

Interested in seeing the ever so secrective F1-2004 from Ferrari.

I would also like to see Minardi, along with Villenueve do better this year.

But I'm supporting Montoya! :bye2:

Erik
March 4th, 2004, 12:21
I'm swedish so I'll support Bjorn Wirdheim, 3:rd driver at Jaguar. :revs:

Audihead
March 4th, 2004, 15:59
WILLIAMS WILLIAMS WILLIAMS

The new BMW kind of looks like an old Brabham doesn't it?!
BMW is going to kick ass this year.:revs: :burnout:

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Speed Channel Schedule:
Thur. 4/ 11:00PM Practice
Fri. 5/ 12:00AM Qual.
Sat. 6/ 9:30PM Race All Times Eastern

Audihead
March 4th, 2004, 16:20
The New Williams

Klint
March 4th, 2004, 17:04
Yeah, still....I hope it shows Ferrari a thing or two about engine durability - don't forget there's that rule change which allows only one engine for the whole race weekend.

Reminds me of a gaping maw ala The New Audi A6 :)

Klint
March 5th, 2004, 11:08
Originally posted by Klint

Villenueve do better this year.

It looks like he hasn't got a seat this year! :cry:

And guess who's got the fastest time for the first practice?...Himself, M.Schumacher.

Practice times dont mean much since the fuel load varies from car to car. :)

Audihead
March 5th, 2004, 17:11
Yes, I think your right. Once they put full fuel loads in the Ferraris may slow down a bit. Michael S. had a big moment in the second practice session. He showed amazing car control though. The reliability of all the cars are in question until the first few races are done. This makes for interesting speculation.

pING
March 6th, 2004, 23:14
I really hope another team and driver will win the championship this year. I'm supporting Kimi Raikonen. :incar:

Audihead
March 8th, 2004, 18:47
:w: Damn Ferraris

Klint
March 10th, 2004, 22:12
Dissapointing results with a Ferrari 1 - 2....:boring:

Audihead
March 19th, 2004, 22:56
Let's see what the boys in blue can do this week!? I think the higher Temps. will favor other cars than the Ferraris this time. GO Montoya!!!!!!!!!!!

Klint
March 19th, 2004, 23:32
Sepang is a good circuit but takes it's toll on the parts that are affected by heat more than anything.

Raikkonen got the fastest time at this morning's practice, with M.Schumacher second then the two Williams' with Ralf leading Montoya.

Seems like there was a civil war going on inside the BMW-Williams camp between Montoya and Ralf before the Australian race. :bye2:

remedy
March 19th, 2004, 23:52
[Seems like there was a civil war going on inside the BMW-Williams camp between Montoya and Ralf before the Australian race. :bye2: [/B]

That's just business as usual for them these days... :)

Klint
March 20th, 2004, 16:09
1) M. Schumacher- Ferrari
2) M. Webber <-----Good going Jaguar! :wo:
3) R. Barrichello - Ferrari
3) J.P. Montoya - BMW-Williams
4) K. Raikkonen - Mclaren Mercedes
5) J.Button - BAR
6) R. Schumacher - BMW-Williams
7) J.Trulli- Renault
8) D.Coulthard- Mclaren Mercedes

Klint
March 21st, 2004, 08:48
Poor Webber and Montoya is no good at all with consistentcy :(

Audihead
March 22nd, 2004, 22:49
Montoya takes second! Good job Juan. Not bad at all considering his teammate blew up and the Michleins were sh*t this weekend. Aren't they supposed to be better in hot weather than the Stones? Regardless another win for the big red machine.

Klint
April 2nd, 2004, 16:38
It's the Bahrain Grand Prix this weekend, should be stunning.

Latest is that Montoya is second and M.Schumacher is third in practice. I forgot who has the fastest time....:thumb:

Snow
April 2nd, 2004, 16:54
I usually support M. Shumacher, and have done s since his time in Benetton, but I have to say I would like to see someome else on the podium, because it's starting to get ridicilous.

Nontheless, go Schumi! (And of course Wirdheim! :race: )

Audihead
April 2nd, 2004, 22:16
Rubino is at the top of the charts after the second practice session. Everyone was sliding off because of the sand that they glued down. Kimi blew his engine, so wherever he qualifies he will start 10 spots back.Even Mikey Spun!

GO BIG RED MACHINE!

Klint
April 3rd, 2004, 00:07
Originally posted by Bimmerhead

GO BIG RED MACHINE!

A couple weeks ago it was Montoya you were supporting.... :hihi: :vhmmm:

Audihead
April 5th, 2004, 00:08
I like Montoya & BMW and I do support them. I definately wear the blue and white at the U.S. Grand Prix. But my whole family linage is German, so I'm spilt. Do I support my favorite German driver or car? I try and spread the love, also the one with the best chance of winning. Montoya and Ralf look like they're both getting screwed by Frank because they both want to leave. Just my thoughts, nothing credible. :confused:

:s4addict: - Bimmerhead

Audihead
April 5th, 2004, 00:15
Mikey Wins Again! Can anyone stop this juggernaut? How about Jenson Button though, two thrids in a row. Not bad. The Hondas are showing good speed and relibility.

Klint
April 5th, 2004, 20:59
Jason is doing well for us Brits and BAR, very good job on the team's behalf.

I'm getting bored of this season already, but don't forget Williams didn't start winning untill the 7th race last year and nearly won the world championship, so I wouldn't reject them in any sense.

Mclaren are an excellent team, one of the best on the grid but they're not with it so far.

Benman
April 5th, 2004, 21:38
Mikey Wins Again! Can anyone stop this juggernaut? How about Jenson Button though, two thrids in a row. Not bad. The Hondas are showing good speed and relibility.

Indeed Button IS! I'm glad to see the underdog doing well (it's who I tend to cheer for). With all the flack the Hondas were getting last year it's nice to see them putting on a good show. But what the HECK is up with Team McLaren?!? Man, somebody is going to get fired if this keeps up!

Snow
April 5th, 2004, 22:32
Originally posted by Benman
Indeed Button IS! I'm glad to see the underdog doing well (it's who I tend to cheer for). With all the flack the Hondas were getting last year it's nice to see them putting on a good show. But what the HECK is up with Team McLaren?!? Man, somebody is going to get fired if this keeps up! I would go find some Mercedes spokesman and ask him a few questions... I wonder what people on the Mercedes-boards have to say...:harass: (Just kidding, no flaming please.)

Audihead
April 5th, 2004, 23:15
All I know is what David Hobbs said during the race. He said they should scrap this new car and engine, go back to last years car. Then work on devloping this one till they get it right. Words of wisdom from someone that has been around the block and then some.:idea:

Audihead
April 5th, 2004, 23:18
Norbert Haug is eating up all the R+D budget for McLaren.:rotflmao:

Audihead
April 6th, 2004, 17:59
Norbert Haug is eating up all the R+D budget for McLaren.:rotflmao:

More proof of this statement.

Audihead
April 26th, 2004, 00:53
Another Win For The Big RED Machine!

How about Jenson though? He takes the pole and comes 2nd in the race. He is doing Britain proud, way to go.:thumb:

Benman
April 26th, 2004, 06:38
Another Win For The Big RED Machine!

How about Jenson though? He takes the pole and comes 2nd in the race. He is doing Britain proud, way to go.:thumb:

I always like to cheer for the under dog. Way to go Button! Doesn't he now sit at 2nd in the standings? Incredible!
Ben:addict:

Audihead
April 26th, 2004, 16:54
Drivers / Constructors
M.S. 40 / Ferrari 64
R.B. 24 / Renault 31
J.B. 23 / B.A.R. 27
J.P.M. 18 / Williams 27

I believe these to be correct.

Klint
April 27th, 2004, 15:31
What a boring race indeed, something to do with the Ferrari being soo dominant..

Well done for Jenson and B.A.R :thumb:

Audihead
May 10th, 2004, 17:47
Man I love Formula 1, but this is getting old quick. Mikey is the poop, but doesn't anyone have anything to respond to the BIG RED MACHINE!?

P.S. That was a hell of a start by Jarno though.

Klint
May 10th, 2004, 18:00
I've lost interest in F1 thus far, make something happen, something that's un-predictable, then i'll start to follow again.

Can't wait for M.Schummi, to quit his day job. :boring:

Snow
May 11th, 2004, 13:24
Can't wait for M.Schummi, to quit his day job. :boring:
:hihi:

Audihead
May 11th, 2004, 15:37
Given the fact he most likely will win another championship this year and that he might take Senna's pole record, this looks very good for retirement within the next two years. I don't think with the rules changes for '06 he'll want to continue under those conditions as well. They are sure talking about some big changes aren't they?

Klint
May 23rd, 2004, 16:17
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

What a race!!! :bye2:

Erik
May 23rd, 2004, 23:12
Interesting video:

http://www.motorsportmediamulti.com/videos/f1monaco/schumacher_montoya.mpg

Sabine has a point

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/523/2NS2003-103-med.jpg

Klint
May 24th, 2004, 00:08
Originally posted by Erik
Interesting video:

http://www.motorsportmediamulti.com/videos/f1monaco/schumacher_montoya.mpg

Sabine has a point

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/523/2NS2003-103-med.jpg

That's a matter of opinion....I'm putting the blame on M.Schumacher for the shunt that knocked him out...Because his tactics backfired, it happens, tough tutty, look what M.S has gotten away with in the past? He even got pushed by Marshalls back onto the track, at some race last year. :D

As for Ralf "taking out" Alonso, well, again, I'd put the blame on Alonso, it's all to known that you don't go down the outside of the tunnel in Monaco....

Remember this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/hi/english/motorsport/formula_one/newsid_1275000/1275892.stm) ? I do all too well....

The general F1 fans seem to always flame Williams-BMW.... :vgrumpy: :(

Audihead
May 24th, 2004, 22:23
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

What a race!!! :bye2:

Wow Monaco! The great equalizer. Just goes to show ya, anything can and will happen in motorsports. We were treated to quite a show on Sunday. Alonzo is a boob, that was totally his fault, what a stupid move. What exactly was Michael thinking, and why the hell did Montoya apoligize, he did nothing wrong. Takuma Sato gets the hand-grenade of year award, so far.

Audihead
May 31st, 2004, 05:01
I'm really starting to think that Montoya is an Idiot. :w:

Klint
May 31st, 2004, 13:18
Dissapointing race....M.S+Ferrari were way too dominant for any team to be seriously competitive... :eye: :boring:

Williams don't have a decent car this year, it's not so much the driver(s) but the freaking car! It's rubbish! :(

Erik
May 31st, 2004, 23:28
McLaren has a new sponsor.

EAST

http://www.veelzijdig.nl/funpics2004/29mei2004/mclaren.html :p

Audihead
June 1st, 2004, 20:35
The circus is coming to town. I know that it is getting boring to watch on T.V., but I'm heading to Indy in three weeks for the race. There is nothing like a race weekend. Hey if ya don't like the F-1 boys there is always the Porsche Supercup races. Is anyone heading to Indy from the boards this year? The Audi Club has a corral on the backstretch. Quite a few cars were there from all the different car clubs last year, pretty neat stuff.

Klint
June 2nd, 2004, 01:20
Originally posted by Erik
McLaren has a new sponsor.

EAST

http://www.veelzijdig.nl/funpics2004/29mei2004/mclaren.html :p

Would that be....Advertising that the car was built in Eastern Europe... :p

Forget Willaims completely (actually i'll probally regret saying that!) think of Renault and BAR more like it... :D

Klint
June 8th, 2004, 13:00
Canadian GP this upcoming weekend and I thought Bernie shelved the whole Canadain GP for the 2004 season.. :confused:

Audihead
June 8th, 2004, 22:18
They made a few concessions to get it through. I think they may have given some money through the beer companys or something like that. They got paid and the race goes on. I will be at Indy next week for the Grand Prix. Still wondering if anyone from the boards is going?

:s4addict: -Audihead

Audihead
June 10th, 2004, 22:17
Pic 1 2003 Audi car Corral at Indy GP

Audihead
June 10th, 2004, 22:18
Pic 2

Audihead
June 10th, 2004, 22:18
Pic 3

Klint
June 13th, 2004, 01:16
hahahaha!!!

ITV interviewed both Montoya and Ralf Schumacher in regards to the shunt at the last race...

It came out like this:

Ralf- "Beep, beeep ,beeep ,beep"

Montoya - "Beep, beep, beep"

ITV to Montoya- "Take it the relationship between you Ralf is as good as ever?"

Montoya - " Beeping great"

ITV didn't cover the qualifying live due to the stupid Euro 2004 football coverage :w: So, i'm watching it now.

Klint
June 14th, 2004, 00:45
ah wells, another boring showing from Ferrari.

Both Renaults got reliability problems causing retirements.

M.Schu.
R.Barri
R.Schum

The rest is pretty much history.

Raikonnen had five pit stops, three times he changed his steering wheel, the rest were tyre/fuel stops and another was a drive through penalty and managed to finish 7th with 2 points!!!!

A few brakes were on fire too, rather exciting spectacle. :D

Bring on Indianapolis.

Audihead
June 14th, 2004, 17:58
Indy is going to be a fun time, I will try to get some good pics for ya guys. I'm not that good of a shot taker but i'll try my best. By the way Ralf and JPM were DQ'd for non spec brake cooling systems. So Jenson ends up on the podium again, rock on. Indy here we come.

:revs:

:s4addict: -Audihead