PDA

View Full Version : Sound enhancing exhaust?

Jim
February 28th, 2004, 16:01
What's the concensus on this option? I've not heard it, and I am concerned that the sound may be too obtrusive...thanks for any comments.

highrustler
February 28th, 2004, 16:18
I thought it would be too loud as well, now I find myself wanting even more!

James

Erik
February 28th, 2004, 16:28
The enhancing option increases sound inside the cockpit.
The level is already at the limit outside!

To go beyond you need to buy a system from a tuner, but some of those systems are a bit too loud. All depending on who you are of coure. :revs:

Alan
February 28th, 2004, 17:16
Just a mellow V8 burble that turns to a subdued roar on acceleration. It is not a Chevy Camaro with glass packs - much more refined sound. If you hear someone's RS6 with either the stock or sound enhanced exhaust as it passes near you, I think you will agree that the car has one wonderful, power-laced sound.

I think the sound exhaust option is great, but it's more for the driver's pleasure.

Speed Technik
February 28th, 2004, 17:49
Check out our sound clip of the RS6 Milltek Cat back system in our products page under exhaust systems.

Speed Technik (http://www.speedtechnik.com)

Bauer
February 29th, 2004, 18:20
I have the sound enhancing exhaust and I LOVE it. It is totally addictive and it puts a huge grin on my face everytime I hear it.

I have on several occasions heard the stock exhaust compared to the sound enhancing and there is a difference from outside the car as well. The last Audi club track event I attended at Laguna Seca had 5 RS6's 3 with sound enhancing and two without. Coming down the straight at wide open throttle you can hear a difference between the two. I also noticed as the RS6's with the stock exhaust were driving around the paddock that its was a little quieter then the sound enhancing. The difference is not huge but there is a noticable difference and for me the sound enhancing is the way to go.:dance:

rs6w
February 29th, 2004, 18:39
Love my sound enhanced exhaust. Never have heard a stock one, but like Bauer said you just want to wind it up so that you can enjoy the sound in the cockpit!

Plus with the black tips you don't have to worry so much about keeping them shiny!;)

Rally
February 29th, 2004, 18:49
I'm also happy with the enhanced exhaust. I was afraid I would be in trouble with my neighbors but they don't mind at all since it really isn't as penetrating as a glasspack V8 sound.

Passengers really like the sound too. The car sounds like there is something really special under the hood.

JAXRS6
February 29th, 2004, 23:38
I have the standard exhaust & enjoy it a lot, would not change unless performance significantly enhanced.

The standard setup emits a wonderful growl on acceleration but is relatively quiet while cruising, which I like. Also, having the chrome tips helped me spot another RS6 on a winding mountain road at night. If I hadn't seen the reflection from the shiny tips, I never would have known it was another RS6.

I have not heard the two systems side by side, but when my sales manager heard mine after already hearing the enhanced earlier, his comment was to the effect that there wasn't much difference & he didn't think the enhanced system was worth the extra cost. (Again, that was his comment, not mine, and I would not make such a call without hearing both systems at the same time.)

Aronis
February 29th, 2004, 23:54
The Sound of an RS 6 is very pleasing with either exhaust.

I have the Enhanced Sound Exhaust and I love it!

At highway speed cruising it is not intrusive, and when you drive agressively it lets the car be heard!

Mike

gmmichel
December 16th, 2006, 07:08
DOES ANYONE HAVE OR KNOW WHERE I CAN PURCHASE THE BLACK TIPPED SOUND ENHANCING EXHAUST FOR MY RS6?

I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR REPLY(S)

GM :addict:

Hy Octane
December 16th, 2006, 18:08
SE exhaust sounds like a tugboat to me. So, I went and removed the mufflers and replaced them with two sets of 3" dual tips and straight pipes to the existing coupling. Lost alotta weight as those stock cans are heavy!

Sounds like a real V8 now and the response is improved too!

gmmichel
December 16th, 2006, 21:47
DO YOU WANT TO KEEP THE SE eXHAST SYSTEM OR WOULD YOU LIKE TO SELL IT?

I LOOK FOWARD TO YOUR REPLY.

REGARDS,

GM :addict: