PDA

View Full Version : Rs6 logoed mats Part:Deux

Klint
February 26th, 2004, 22:59
Hi all,

sorry for the long delay of the estimated time of working out prices and such due to being busy. anyway!

The audi dealer can source LHD RS6 logoed mats for £350, with a wait of 6-8 weeks (to the uk). I'm not sure how this can be done but any ideas and suggestions is always good!

I also tried to see if they can be Vat free since they are being re-distributed to the states but that was a no no. I might be able to work a bulk buy, a.k.a Group buy for everyone.

I'm a little tired now and stressed so I can't really come up with a way how this can be done.

I came up with an ingenius method on how the purchasing can be done, i'll post this tommorow. :)

Stay tuned!

Bauer
February 26th, 2004, 23:02
Klint-

Thank you for all of your hard work it is greatly appreciated.:rs6kiss:

Erik
February 26th, 2004, 23:07
I have been looking at sourcing logoed floor mats as well.

Official list price from Audi Sweden is 7600 SEK = 1025 USD. :rolleyes:

The price that Klint has come up with is good.
I was able to find a souce with a similar price as well, but it's still in negotiation.

RS6FEVR
February 27th, 2004, 02:17
:thumb: Klint

Thanks for the perseverance and I'm still interested at that price and if there's something you think I can do from my Liverpool location, let me know.

:addict: FEVR :addict:

gregoryindiana
February 28th, 2004, 04:47
I will buy at that price also.

BlackRS6
February 28th, 2004, 15:13
I am in at that price as well, thanks for the hard work

Bauer
February 28th, 2004, 19:00
I am in and maybe two sets.

Thanks again :applause:

Klint
February 28th, 2004, 19:14
So far that's four people interested:

Bauer
RS6FEVR
gregoryindiana
BlackRS6

I'll find out what I can do in regards to the group buy, see if there can be some discount for you gents.

What should we do about payments options?

First I have to see if the dealership wants deposit(s) down on the order, if they do, which is likely since it'll be hard to sell on the mats, I'll be happy to pay for the deposit to gaurantee the order.

Once this is done and prices are known for the delivery of the mats to the US, you can start sending the cheques over. I wont be able to handle other forms of payment unfortunately.

Once they are delivered to the dealership (6-8 weeks), I can then arrange packaging then get them shipped across, to your front doors.

When I'm at the post office, finding out delivery prices I will also enquire about insurance details, such as the costs, what's covered etc for assurance.

rs6w
February 29th, 2004, 03:54
Count me in as well!

highrustler
March 1st, 2004, 14:57
I am in as well.

Thanks for effort!

James

Klint
March 2nd, 2004, 13:46
List update:

Bauer
RS6FEVR
gregoryindiana
BlackRS6
rs6w
highrustler

Klint
March 8th, 2004, 17:03
Afternoon, Gents.

I'll keep the orders open for another fortnight, then I'll go put the confirmed deposit/order down. so, now it's your chance to either commit yourself or pull out. :)

:bye:

highrustler
March 8th, 2004, 17:07
I'm committed to one set, front and rear mats.

Regards,
James

Bauer
March 8th, 2004, 17:33
Consider me confirmed for one set front/rear.....if you can get just a front set I would take another front set, if not not big deal...thanks for the effort.:applause:

nene
March 8th, 2004, 17:36
I'm in for sure for a set as well (front and rear).

Any idea yet on the ball park figure on final price (parts and shipping)?

Thanks so much Klint for taking charge on this issue.
I was also part of an European Group Buy on RS4-style wheels that a guy from NorthWest USA put together. It took about 2.5 months to get the stuff, but it was delivered on the time promised. Been very happy with joining that effort.
Although I have never done such a thing as putting it together much like yourself, I can only imagine the hard work you've put into this effort. Thanks again!!!

rs6w
March 9th, 2004, 00:40
I'm in.

(Does this include rears?)

BlackRS6
March 9th, 2004, 00:50
I am confirmed for a set.

Klint
March 9th, 2004, 09:33
Originally posted by nene
I'm in for sure for a set as well (front and rear).

Any idea yet on the ball park figure on final price (parts and shipping)?

Thanks so much Klint for taking charge on this issue.
I was also part of an European Group Buy on RS4-style wheels that a guy from NorthWest USA put together. It took about 2.5 months to get the stuff, but it was delivered on the time promised. Been very happy with joining that effort.
Although I have never done such a thing as putting it together much like yourself, I can only imagine the hard work you've put into this effort. Thanks again!!!

Thanks for the positive sentiments.

I'm still unsure of the cost of both the mats and shipping, but it shouldn't be too much more over the £350 it is for the mats. I'm guessing around 5% (if that?) of the mat value for the shipping costs.

rs6w,

Yes it does include the rear mats but they don't have the Rs6 logo stitched into them. The fronts have the logo though.

Thanks again

List update:

Bauer (Confirmed)
RS6FEVR (?)
gregoryindiana (?)
BlackRS6 (Confirmed)
rs6w (Confirmed)
highrustler (Confirmed)
Nene(Confirmed)

RS6FEVR,

I'll still keep your offer of shipping in mind. I haven't forgot! :)

JAXRS6
March 9th, 2004, 16:26
I might be interested if I could see them. At nearly $700 a set US, I need to see something to justify the cost.

Bauer
March 9th, 2004, 16:32
I need to see something to justify the cost.

I agree that twice the normal cost is a bit expensive but I look at it like this. I spent almost 90k on the car and I love every penny of the purchase.:dance: . One of the things I love the most about the RS6 is that there are so few of them...I hardley see anyothers....I love that. To me the mats woudl just add to that...there would be only 5 others in the US with the mats.....unless someone else outside the forum got them as well. :rs6kiss:

RS6FEVR
March 10th, 2004, 01:39
:deal: Klint

Thanks again for all your continuing work and consider me confirmed for the set. As we get closer to purchase time and you want my help, send me an IM so we can talk about what needs doing, location/shipping issues, package sizes, etc.

:rs6kiss: FEVR :rs6kiss:

GmbHouse
March 10th, 2004, 03:31
Has anyone checked into having an embroidery place put it on the stock mats? They might be too thick but ??

nene
March 10th, 2004, 14:16
The RS6 logo'd mats not only have the RS6 logo, but they also have a different color piping around the edges...like US bound seats.

The problem with embroidery places, is that most of them will shy away from doing it, unless you have written permission from Audi to do so...and I'm too lazy to find a shady place!

About that pic...Klint, are you ordering the ones that look like the top pic or bottom pic?
http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/RS6-Sport-Carpets.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=4713

Finnus
March 10th, 2004, 14:30
Clint,

Count me in. My stock mats are pretty crudded up from the winter, so I'll have my casual mats and my formal mats! LOL What a luxury.

Finnus
:addict:

Erik
March 10th, 2004, 15:35
Originally posted by nene
About that pic...Klint, are you ordering the ones that look like the top pic or bottom pic?

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=4713

Everyone, the only mats I've ever seen are like on this photo.
They have like a black leather edge all around.

BBGT2
March 10th, 2004, 15:41
Klint,
Thank's for all your hard work and perserverance with the mat situation. I was talking to an Audi parts guy regarding the mats and he told me to get a Audi part number to see if he can get them from Germany, there is a possibility we can get them here as long as the part number is good and I can check on the price when he contacts Audi. Just a thought to save Klint alot of work. If that doesnt work and we cant get th part number I am definately in for the purchase thru you Klint.

Bajo

:rs6kiss:

Klint
March 10th, 2004, 19:08
Nene,

Well spotted!

I'm unaware of the mats differences...Can anyone confirm that there are two versions? :confused:

If there is only one ref # for the mats then I'll presume that there's only one type and the picture differences is down to lighting condition and/or pre-production example etc.

If there appears to be two different types of the same mat available, i.e Lighter Black Vs Darker Black and piping. I'll take each individual colour/spec request into account when ordering.

List update:

Bauer (Confirmed)
RS6FEVR (confirmed)
gregoryindiana (?)
BlackRS6 (Confirmed)
rs6w (Confirmed)
highrustler (Confirmed)
Nene(Confirmed)
Finnus(Confirmed)
Bajors6(Provisional)

rs6w
March 12th, 2004, 07:01
I'm thinking the only carpet option in the states was the dark black. so the first pic with the black mats with white piping would probably work the best.

gregoryindiana
March 13th, 2004, 00:05
Been away from internet for a while.

I still want my mats.

I echo the thought that since the US only got black mats, the black mats with RS6 logo, and white piping are the way to go.

Erik
March 13th, 2004, 08:49
Not sure if you read my post. I have NEVER seen the white piping version in an RS6. The only picture with that version is the press picture.

nene
March 13th, 2004, 16:04
My thoughts are if the mats are in the dark grey color, it won't match well with the black carpet that is already laid down throughout the whole car.
Even if it has the RS6 logo, the carpet color won't match and look kind of odd.

We must check which carpet color it truly is, so we know if we can go ahead with this.

:bow: Sorry for the extra labor Klint... :bow:

Klint
March 13th, 2004, 19:08
Eric,

I did read your post...just needed it to be confirmed since it's unlikely the dealership will know and we have quite a few board members in Europe with Rs6s who might of been able to confirm what their mats are like.

Nene,

I'll get to work on that, I can't say when I'll know for sure since I'm busy outside of the weekends and it'll definitely require some homework on behalf of the parts guy.

List update:

Bauer (Confirmed)
RS6FEVR (confirmed)
gregoryindiana (confirmed)
BlackRS6 (Confirmed)
rs6w (Confirmed)
highrustler (Confirmed)
Nene(Confirmed)
Finnus(Confirmed)
Bajors6(Provisional)

Bajors6,

Any news on finding the ref #'s are coming along? Any success?

BBGT2
March 15th, 2004, 14:38
Klint,

I have not found anyone that can get me the part #'s yet.
I will keep the board posted if any changes come about.

Bajors6 :rs6kiss:

mbrooks1956
March 15th, 2004, 18:14
Klint:

I am a new member of the forum adn would love to get on the list for the Logo mats, provided they can be had in Black. What do you need from me?

Klint
March 15th, 2004, 18:22
Originally posted by mbrooks1956
Klint:

I am a new member of the forum adn would love to get on the list for the Logo mats, provided they can be had in Black. What do you need from me?

Brooks welcome aboard

All I need for now is your honest word that you'll commit yourself to the mats since i'll be paying for the none refundable deposit myself.

At a later date, once the list is finalised and some idea of pricing for p&p is sorted... i'll be pm'ing those people my details to start sending those cheques over....i wont cash them in untill the mats arrive at the dealer which is approx. 6-8 weeks from putting down the deposit.

I wont be making any profit from it, so it's all for a good cause. :)

mbrooks1956
March 15th, 2004, 19:06
You have my word that I am good for one set of Black mats, and you also have my thanks for organising the purchase.

sprint Blue
March 17th, 2004, 02:00
I showed my Korean tailor pictures of the embroidered mats. I took my original mats out and had purchased the winter mats from Audi so my originals are brand new. My tailor said he would embroider the mats (with commercial grade thread) with the RS6 logo front and back (all four) but not stitch the white border. I think I'm going to do it (have one done first to approve it). He said it would be less than a hundred bucks for all four. I'll post pictures after the job is completed.

rs6w
March 17th, 2004, 05:55
Hey Klint,

Let us know if the mats are available in black. If it's in that grey color it won't go well with the US spec RS6's which are only black.

I may reconsider if black is not available....

Klint
April 5th, 2004, 20:08
The mats are black, it's the flash that makes them appear in that light greyish black colour.

I hate to dissapoint you guys but I can't do the work involved with the mats, for the meantime, it'll have to be delayed, which is both good and bad.

Things have recently taken a negative turn with, fatalities, people in accidents, mother in and out of hospital and so forth.

But I'll catch up with this thread later on, this is where the good news is, hopefully the exchange rates would of changed for the better, making the mats better value for you guys. :)

My apologies, but I've currently got many commitments to see to at present. I hope you guys can understand. I'm commited to getting you guys the things you should of got with the RS6. ;)

Finnus
April 6th, 2004, 03:02
No problema, Klint. We appreciate the work you did trying to make it happen.

Finnus
:addict:

rs6w
April 6th, 2004, 06:15
Thanks for your efforts Klint.!

Take care of the personal stuff as that is way more important than car mats.

Bauer
April 6th, 2004, 17:21
Klint-

Family is way more important then mats...I hope everything turns out for the best.

Good luck

RS6FEVR
April 7th, 2004, 02:48
:race: Klint

There's priorities and there's priorities. Hope everything works out okay for the family and if and when you happen to get back to this, so be it. Personally appreciate your continuing interest for "us colonials"! :hihi: :hihi:

:addict: FEVR :addict:

gmbh6
April 23rd, 2004, 00:19
yeah, take care of the personal things first......good luck.