PDA

View Full Version : Took delivery of some new speakers

Klint
February 25th, 2004, 18:17
These are the Focal-JMLab Alto Utopia Bes: www.focal-jmlab.fr

Still have to hear them since a profession installer is arriving on the Island tommorow. :D

The build of these speakers is phenomenal! (sp?)

France's finest. :thumb:

Klint
February 25th, 2004, 18:18
oh yeah...sorry about the cam. :w:

sturs6
February 27th, 2004, 22:49
Check out this system!!!
It looks like it is all Mcintosh (http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/) equipment.

Erik
February 28th, 2004, 12:07
Originally posted by sturs6
Check out this system!!!
It looks like it is all Mcintosh (http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/) equipment.

Do they like to watch the TV or the amplifiers? :vhmmm: :rolleyes:

Klint
March 24th, 2004, 18:30
Those earlier pictures were very poor quality, so I've taken a couple more in better quality.

Klint
March 24th, 2004, 18:31
Enjoy!

They sound superb! :thumb:

gmbh6
March 24th, 2004, 21:15
klint,

that system looks bad-azz. :bow:

if i'm ever in that part of the world i'm stopping in for a listen.

when i was in japan there is a store in the akihabara area that is all high-end audio with some of the nicest (and most expensive) speakers i've ever seen. you just keep going up every floor and vendor after vendor of the "good stuff'. :bow:

gmbh6
March 24th, 2004, 21:16
Originally posted by Erik
Do they like to watch the TV or the amplifiers? :vhmmm: :rolleyes:

lmao.......that is a bright blue under the plasma isn't? :D

Klint
March 29th, 2004, 15:20
Originally posted by thcakid
klint,

that system looks bad-azz. :bow:

if i'm ever in that part of the world i'm stopping in for a listen.

when i was in japan there is a store in the akihabara area that is all high-end audio with some of the nicest (and most expensive) speakers i've ever seen. you just keep going up every floor and vendor after vendor of the "good stuff'. :bow:

Thanks for the compliments,

Feel free to drop by for a listen, just tell me a couple weeks in advanced ;).

I've heard of the store your speaking of, or a store of similar characteristics. The details of which I remember are very vague. Care to refresh my memory? :)

There's one American who built his house into the side of a hill, on the hill side he dug out the stone and created a stage just for his sound system. I don't recall what equipment he had (Krell AMPs mated with wilson speakers?) but the system cost way in excess of $1.5mln! :bigeyes:

I'll have to find out if there's anything online about it. :confused:

gmbh6
March 30th, 2004, 19:03
Originally posted by Klint
...I've heard of the store your speaking of, or a store of similar characteristics. The details of which I remember are very vague. Care to refresh my memory? :)...
Hopefully, I took a picture of the outside.........let me go find those pics and i'll post it if there is one.

Bauer
March 30th, 2004, 20:06
Klint-

Very nice indeed. Enjoy!!!:thumb:

I have a budy of mine who I think is addicted to home theater stuff. The guy buys new speakers and equipment almost every year. He's got a device bolted to the frame of his couch that vibrates with the tone of the bass:MTM:

sturs6
March 31st, 2004, 08:16
Thcakid wrote
lmao.......that is a bright blue under the plasma isn't?
I agree but anyone who owns 1200 watt monoblock amp would probably be enough of a enthusiast not to have the amps under the TV as well as the rear speakers next to the front speakers. I think IMAO this is a photo to show the guys equipment.