PDA

View Full Version : Hennessey - 600HP RS6

nene
February 25th, 2004, 14:25
Hennessey's 600HP RS6 on here! (http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hennesseyperformance/ItemDetail.php?Item_ID=98&cart=yFfthyLF&DoThis=Audi+RS6&ActionReq=Where)

It will only set you back about $30K (USA).

I would most def want to ride it before getting this system unleashed on my beast.
We should contact them, and do a field trip. Imagine 10 RS6s showing up at Hennessey's place, with appointment of course, to really see if the system is worth it. I think they'd be impressed.

Aronis
February 25th, 2004, 15:09
Ya Baby.....

To Texas we go....

Mike:dance:

Aronis
February 25th, 2004, 15:12
Power Output:
600 bhp @ 6,000 rpm
550 lb-ft @ 4,500 rpm

Estimated Performance (testing soon):
0 - 60 mph: 3.8 sec.
1/4 mile: 12.1 sec. @ 117 mph

Package Includes:
# Air Induction Upgrade
# Stainless Steel Exhaust Upgrade
# Re-programmed Computer
# Upgraded Turbos
# Stainless Steel Turbo Down Pipes
# Upgraded Intercoolers
# Upgraded Fuel Pump
# Air/Fuel Calibration
# Professional Installation
# Road Testing (Up to 100 miles)
# Limited 2-Year Warranty
# Allow 4 - 6 weeks for installation with prior appointment.

This is a totally stealth package. Your friend with the Ferrari, Porsche, AMG or Viper won't know what hit them.

Benman
February 25th, 2004, 15:27
So the company that became famous with their Viper conversions now tackles our Beasts! Very interesting. Looks promising but with $30K i believe you could get a similar set up by MTM (a company with years of experience with Audis).:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Klint
February 25th, 2004, 15:39
I haven't heard many possitive things about this company...Unless, I'm mistaken.

One involved a customer handing over their Viper for modification...months went past (4-6months) and the car wasn't completed. The owner then went to investigate and found that the company had sold the parts off the car AND hadn't completed any modification work on the car. :nono:

Aronis
February 25th, 2004, 15:48
I am quite happy with 450 ponies, and a full warrantee.

Mike

EternalX
February 25th, 2004, 15:50
^are you sure you are talking about hennessey? ive heard nothing but good things from them. I, too, would be a tad hesitant especially since they have no experience in audis. They have done numerous porshes and other gernman cars (i think), but id stick to a tried-and-true audi company.
:addict:

RS6FEVR
February 25th, 2004, 16:00
:cheers: all

Klint is absolutely correct. Be very careful if you decide to work with this company and it's owner. I have personal knowledge of a corvette owner who is in a lawsuit for more than 100K with this company. I also know people who have done work with him who were satisfied. Forewarned is forearmed!

:rs6kiss: FEVR :rs6kiss:

oregonbob
February 25th, 2004, 17:01
I've never done business with Hennessey so have no first hand experience. However, in my M5 days when I was regularly surfing that board, Hennessey had promised some M5 mods that were not delivered. I never really followed up since I wasn't involved and don't know if any M5 owners got burned. Maybe Gustav can shed some light for us.

I also seem to remember an article in one of the car magazines regarding Hennessey and some difficulties his company had at that time.

If I were to mod - and I'm not - I'd stick with one of the more well known Audi tuners. There are enough to choose from, they have a proven track record and have members on this board with first hand experience and references.

Bob

avdh
February 25th, 2004, 17:22
Note the "Limited Warranty"
Furthermore, according to ZF the RS6 gearbox can only take a maximum of 700 Nm of torque (516 lb-ft), so with 746 Nm of torque (550 lb-ft) it is bound to brake one day or another, even if they cut the torque substancially when changing gear.

Rally
February 25th, 2004, 17:25
Tons of bad info about Hennessey out on the internet.
Autoweek did a damaging article too.

One thread worth visiting:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=234868

Bauer
February 25th, 2004, 17:46
I have also heard that he has not been the best business person to deal with...I have however heard that he has cleaned his act up somewhat but with a past like that I would not let him touch my car. I don't get it...it is soooo much easier to do the right job and get a good name then to screw people and have to deal with that reputation for the rest of your life. To me your word is all you really got when it comes right down to it.

Aronis
February 25th, 2004, 18:23
Keep in mind what types of car's Hennessey made his reputation on.

He started with very large displacement low tech engines and pulled more power per liter out of them.

Car's like BMW's and Audis already have much higher specific output (hp per liter) than Viper or Corvette engines. So when you tune a Viper engine or Corvette engine you are not really over stressing the engine block.

When you try to tune an M5 (400 hp/ 5 liters = 80 hp/liter) or RS6 (450 hp from 4.2 liters = 107 hp/liter) you don't really have that much room to improve without really stressing the engine.

The Viper 500 hp from 8.3 liters = 60 hp per liter.

The Corvettte 350 hp from 5.7 liters = 61 hp per liter.

Thus Hennessey has some room to improve these cars substantially.

Ferrari makes cars with normal aspiration that product 100 hp per liter and the torque to match.

Honda's S2000 has 100 hp per liter, but torque does not match, very low, since the hp lives at 8000 rpm.

Mike

nene
February 25th, 2004, 19:06
Glad I posted something. Now we all know about the Hennessey bad reputation, so other RS6 owners that would be inquiring about this will know in advance to stay the hell away!!!

Erik
February 25th, 2004, 19:59
Thanks nene!

It's interesting to see an american tuner come out with something. Not sure what that something is though.

nene
February 25th, 2004, 21:47
The AutoWeek.com article about Hennessey's trouble! (http://www.autoweek.com/search/search_display.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&content_code=04383484&Search_Type=STD&Search_ID=1928268&record=1)

oregonbob
February 26th, 2004, 01:19
Car and Driver, October 2003:
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=26&article_id=7092&page_number=1

Car and Driver, September 2002:
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=27&article_id=2844

Motor Trend, December 2003:
http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/112_0312_tuners/index.html

Bob

nyrs6
February 26th, 2004, 01:49
i dont think they are experienced with audis there are plenty others that have similar perfromance packages. for example oct has a package good for 530HP and runs the same numbers look at fast ones numbers 12.4@112 thats very similar numbers and they are coming out withe down pipes and upgrade chip i believes soon and it will be close to 600HP and should have very similar numbers and a lot cheaper $$. i think hennesy is 9500 US $ to 30000 USD $ startmoshphere has a packege for the 530 HP for 5000 US dollars and i think the downpipes cost 3000 more so i think there are plenty of other tuner compines for less and are more experienced with Audis

But u never know

oswald
February 26th, 2004, 03:20
I wonder what "upgraded turbos" mean ?

CarbonFibre
February 26th, 2004, 04:00
And Speed Technik has gotten high 11 second quarter mile times on stock turbos...

February 26th, 2004, 05:11
does hennessey performance even have an RS6 that they worked on?? I mean, why they use a picture of an euro RS6?

very much like their amg, Gt2, murcielargo and gallardo deal.

i am sure the "Talk" must be great on those cars as well.

JAXRS6
February 26th, 2004, 06:57
Sounds like Hennessey may be similar to another auto enthusiast/engineer who I knew: Brilliant as a tech & component designer but lousy as a businessman.

Speed Technik
February 27th, 2004, 01:45
I have kept tabs on the Hennessey ordeal and my whole take is that things happened over there that never should have. At the end of the day, the client has no car and it is in court. From a PERSONAL STANDPOINT, I would loose my freakin' mind.

From an RS6 standpoint on their website:

1. I see no dyno numbers
2. 12.1 on their 30k kit. Interesting, I have clients running 12.4's consistantly (with slips, on this forum) on OCT software, Milltek C/B and D/V's. And that only runs around 6K installed. Add some TCU work, say HELLO to 11's
3. The tranny is strong, but 550 with no mention of tranny work, ala Level 10 etc..
4. Their install times, interesting, 2 weeks. We do our builds in 1 day with proper preperation. And who makes the preperations on ALL RS6 jobs, myself and Mitch. As of today, we have built over 23 RS6's and all are rockin' and rollin' with several thousand miles of use. If there was a problem, I am the first to hear about it. I will admit we had 1 issue but it was taken care of in 2 hours and is now something we check on ALL builds.

I have never heard of an RS6 with Hennessey work. If I am wrong, show me something. Speed Technik is always up for friendly competition. Check out our customer RS6 section and our in-house RS6 page, just cold hard facts and no BS.

I wouldn't challenge Hennessey on Viper stuff, even though we do VIper, but come on, OCT, APR, MTM, Milltek and the rest of the usual suspects have got it going on.

Speed Technik (http://www.speedtechnik.com)

Benman
February 27th, 2004, 15:23
Originally posted by Speed Technik
I wouldn't challenge Hennessey on Viper stuff, even though we do VIper, but come on, OCT, APR, MTM, Milltek and the rest of the usual suspects have got it going on.

Speed Technik (http://www.speedtechnik.com)

That was my point as well. My $30K (or way less) would go to someone with years of Audi experience, and recommendations from board members!:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Nordschleife
February 27th, 2004, 15:30
3. The tranny is strong, but 550 with no mention of tranny work, ala Level 10 etc..

manic laughter - just wait, just wait

R+C

Speed Technik
February 27th, 2004, 17:40
It has come to my attention that since I wrote my previous post (last night) that the Hennessey big RS6 kit 1/4 mile times went from 12.1 to 11.9 overnight, interesting isn't it.....

TheBrit
February 27th, 2004, 17:41
It has come to my attention that since I wrote my previous post (last night) that the Hennessey big RS6 kit 1/4 mile times went from 12.1 to 11.9 overnight, interesting isn't it.....
Must be the colder weather... </sarcasm>

Aronis
February 27th, 2004, 17:45
Wow, this thread is getting hostile.

LOL

Stick with Stock, the car is fast enough.

Mike

Put the 30k in your retirement fund

Speed Technik
February 27th, 2004, 18:11
I just don't want to see an RS6 owner even if they are not one of my customers go with a un-proven package no matter what the cost is. I am here to give you guys as much information as possible, it's what I do. I am just stating the facts, nothing more, nothing less.

nene
February 27th, 2004, 18:51
Keep posting...it might be that the 1/4 mile times make it all the way to low 10s!!!

nyrs6
February 27th, 2004, 19:14
speedtechnik is not lying we ar

nyrs6
February 27th, 2004, 19:14
speedtechnik is not lying we are one of speedtechniks customers and we have proof that there oct packege that they put on is no lie. we went from 13.4@105 stock to 12.4@112 with the chip and exhaust.:bigeyes: a full second of the quater of a mile times? yes its true we have both runs on tape stock and modified hopefully to post it when i get a chance. I didnt hear from any hennesy customers so i cant say all i know that oct chip makes a difference. and btw u feel it i was in the car plenty of times u feel it. its an amazing difference.

and yep so far its been 5000 mile since we put the chip on and no problems.

listen to speedtechnik u wont go wrong:thumb:

i dont know about the other 22 rs6 customers speedtechnik had but im shure they say the same.