PDA

View Full Version : New arrival on rs6.com ...

App
February 21st, 2004, 05:13
Just got my Avus Silver RS6 :) It's a beast and it growls! A nice step up from the 3000GT-VR4 I had before. Can't wait to try it in the wet!

I'm thinking of putting a Parrot Bluetooth car kit in, has anyone else done that?

What about the Phatnoise?

Where's the best place to get the tool to remove the radio? (still hoping Audi will give me a set).

What are the two circular indents on the front either side of the license plate space?

JAXRS6
February 21st, 2004, 06:11
Originally posted by App
What are the two circular indents on the front either side of the license plate space?

In Europe there are four such indents & they serve as an alarm when approaching too close, I think -- like the alarm for backing up in the US version, except in front. Obviously the US didn't get that version in front -- and I don't know why the two indents remain.

RE PHATNOISE -- One guy here said that if you get Phatnoise, you can't also get satellite radio; must choose one or the other; my dealer confirmed. Also, from what I could tell by exploring the Phatnoise link, it would take quite a while to get all the music I want onto a Phatnoise system. I knew I already enjoy satellite radio variety in another car, and I'd still have the 6-cd changer for my own music, so I chose satellite radio (Sirius).
:cheers:
Welcome aboard, by the way!

Rally
February 21st, 2004, 06:16
Welcome. Where are you based in the PNW? I'm in Kirkland.

Quite a step up from the VR4! The two sensors on the front bumper are for the non-existent front parktronic system.
US buyers were lucky enough to get the euro bumpers and the front sensors come standard in Europe.
I don't know anything about the phatnoise but you can find plenty of info by doing a search.

Congrats on the fine choice of cars.
:incar:

Erik
February 21st, 2004, 09:40
Welcome aboard! :revs:

krm
February 21st, 2004, 10:05
Welcome and enjoy your car in good health!

:addict:

Finnus
February 21st, 2004, 10:22
Welcome to RS6.com & congrats on the new wheels. I have to compliment you on your fine taste! LOL
:cheers:

Finnus

sturs6
February 21st, 2004, 12:50
App,
Welcome to the RS6.com family I hope you enjoy your stay. :thumb: Phatnoise is great BTW I have it installed but I also have Sirius radio and as Jaxrs6 said I can not use both so I had to choose. Both are still in my car awating a fix that will make both workbut Sirius is not working. See Bajors post at this link.
Phatnoise (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2611&highlight=phat+noise)
Enjoy the Rocket Ship 6
-Stuart

EternalX
February 21st, 2004, 18:37
if you search around, someone actually made an adapter that allows satellite radio AND phatnoise. I would never want a phatnoise system, id go with a simple ipod install that you can take with you jogging, working out, etc, and still have huge capacity for songs.

Once i get my motorola v600 with bluetooth, im putting a similar system in as well, tho i havent done much research at all for it. what have you been able to find?

coopsrs6
February 21st, 2004, 18:49
App & Rally Welcome App. I'm in Redmond WA. Either of you going to PIR Feb. 28th?

App
February 21st, 2004, 19:32
RE:Once i get my motorola v600 with bluetooth, im putting a similar system in as well, tho i havent done much research at all for it. what have you been able to find?

I had the Parrot Bluetooth CK3000 kit in the VR-4 before but it was a hack to get it in because neither car nor after market head unit had the standard connectors - lots of splicing. I pulled it out to transfer to the Audi, looks like it will be much easier to put it in - once I get the radio tool!

JAXRS6
February 21st, 2004, 20:33
Originally posted by App
once I get the radio tool!

That shouldn't be difficult, but it is. Audi seems to have a tight grip on this equipment; at least that was my experience in the Detroit market.

When XM first arrived a couple of years ago, I was the first Audi customer looking for one at my local Circuit City with my 2000 S4. In fact they had little experience with Audis. We hung for three days as we tried to access the right tool. One that arrived from another CC didn't work; visiting a third CC was fruitless. Finally, I borrowed one overnight from my dealer.

He apparently got in trouble, however, because when I need to open up the dash later for an XM hardware maintenance issue, he could no longer lend out the tool. So I went to my dealer to get the unit loosened, then drove to CC for the maintenance.

Pain in the arse, for sure!

Benman
February 22nd, 2004, 16:53
Originally posted by App
Just got my Avus Silver RS6 :) It's a beast and it growls! A nice step up from the 3000GT-VR4 I had before. Can't wait to try it in the wet!

Welcome to the forum:cheers: As for the wet, you'll LOVE it!:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Speedracer
February 23rd, 2004, 04:00
Where's the best place to get the tool to remove the radio? (still hoping Audi will give me a set).

If it's like the older audi radios, you can get them from Crutchfield.

Dark Knight
February 23rd, 2004, 12:53
Welcome App! Good luck with the beast, enjoy!!

Polorijder
February 23rd, 2004, 19:05
Originally posted by JAXRS6
In Europe there are four such indents & they serve as an alarm when approaching too close, I think -- like the alarm for backing up in the US version, except in front. Obviously the US didn't get that version in front -- and I don't know why the two indents remain.

not completely true, those indents are, as you wrote, for the acoustic parking system, :confused: :confused: :confused: i can`t understand why this is not an option (or standard) in the USA.

JAXRS6
February 23rd, 2004, 22:59
Originally posted by Polorijder
not completely true

What's not true?

Benman
February 24th, 2004, 04:00
Originally posted by JAXRS6
What's not true?

I think what he's talking about is that here in the States we only lack the wiring to make ours work.

JAXRS6
February 24th, 2004, 07:34
Originally posted by Benman
I think what he's talking about is that here in the States we only lack the wiring to make ours work.

But is THAT true?:confused:

I mean, if Euro cars with the feature have four sensors, and US bumpers have only two, wouldn't we need more than wiring to make ours work? Not trying to argue, just want to get correct info for anyone who wants to try a conversion.