PDA

View Full Version : Information about the next generation S-line model and RS-model...

Jin Xao
February 20th, 2004, 21:03
HI, my name is Jin Xao, I am new to this forum. I work as a reporter in a popular Car Magazine in China. Lately, we have an interview with the chief of Audi AG China Mr. Kevin McCann, regarding the Debut of Audi in China and the future High Performance model lineup in China (regarding the S-line model and the RS-line model, since right now in china we only have the normal version of the entire Audi lineup). I appologize for my bad english translation, and I hope these information will be helpful to you.

According to Mr. McCann, he told us Audi AG has enter into a new era in performance aspect after the S4 and RS6 is debut in 2004. Audi AG will continue to boost their development into the next generation S-line model and RS-line Model to cope with their European counter-part, such as Mercedes Benz and BMW. Although, Audi AG is not intend to unveil any major detail at this point, but one thing it is sure about Audi AG is she will never let lose in the game. He told us that Audi AG will continue to apply its motto "we never follows" into their upcoming model. "One of the example is the introduction of the New S4 (B6). We bring some new prespective into the market. We introduce a new V8 engine in this segment." said Mr. McCann. "However, that's only the start of an new era in Audi AG, that's I am very sure." he added. According to Mr. McCanne, the new RS4 is already under major development. He is not willing to provide any details on this model, but he said a configaration similar with the RS6 which is going to debut in 2004 would be likely. He added Audi AG is intended to drop their force induction application in all of their S-line model. All S-line model will be in a N/A engine from the smallest displacement V6 to the largest displacement the W12. The S3 will use the smallest displacement V6 with 240HP, which is currently being use in the Volkswagen Golf R32. The S4 will use a new V8 with 343HP, the next generation S6 will use a V10 with 450HP which is similar to the one being use in Lamborghini Gallardo!! The S8 will use a W12 engine with 500HP.
He also told us although the whole S-line model will be a N/A engine setup, however Audi AG will still keep their force induction application which is a Bi-turbo setup to all of their RS-line model in order to archieve the power they want.

"We (Audi AG) talk about serious business here." He said. Audi AG predicted that China will be one of their major market in 5 to 10 years. "With a total popullation of 1.5 billion in china, I don't think anyone can afford to miss their market share here." He added.

With a little sum up with Audi's future High Performance to their EU counter-part are as follow:

Mercedes Benz New C55 AMG--- N/A V8 367HP
BMW New M3 (4 door), New M4 (2 door)--- N/A V8 400HP
Audi AG NEW S4 --- N/A V8 343
Audi AG NEw RS4--- Bi-turbo V8 420-450HP

Mercedes Benz E55 AMG-- Supercharge V8 469HP
BMW New M5 -- N/A V10 500HP+
Audi AG NEW S6-- N/A V10 450HP
Adui AG NEW RS6-- Bi-turbo V10 ??HP

P.S. I hope these information will be helpful. Since I am a newcomer to this forum, if there is already something similar to this post, I am sorry for the repost. As I am also a serious Audi fans, it is nice to meet u guys here.

Enjoy and Be Proud of your Audi! :cheers:

Audihead
February 20th, 2004, 21:15
Thank you for the wonderful information & welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing more posts in the future.

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Gustav
February 20th, 2004, 22:15
Interesting!

Do you know anything about the upcoming BMW M5?

Please share it here:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Bauer
February 20th, 2004, 23:40
Jin Xao-

Welcome to the board and thank you very much for the information. Can't wait to see the new RS line up.:cheers:

bilbozilla
February 21st, 2004, 06:05
Welcome. Thanks for the info.

Benman
February 22nd, 2004, 17:42
Welcome :cheers:

It is in fact very wise for the auto manufacturers not to ignore the Chinese market. Long term goals could have it even more important than other more "established" markets.:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Erik
February 22nd, 2004, 20:28
Originally posted by Jin Xao
The S3 will use the smallest displacement V6 with 240HP, which is currently being use in the Volkswagen Golf R32.

Thank you very much for your interesting post and welcome to RS6.com.

I'm a bit sceptic about the S3 information, since the A3 3.2 already has 250 hp.