PDA

View Full Version : RS6 APR Tune @ $599 Worth It?

JakeLight
October 29th, 2020, 04:21
Saw over on the Vortex that APR has vastly reduced the price of their RS6 tune. From what I saw most thought it was a bad value when it was around 2k, but how about now, worthwhile at that price? Per the blurb on their page that price also includes the TCU tune but still need to ante up the extra bill if you want program switching.

Still have one or two items in queue to address before I look into a tune, but now that the price is way down and have a local vendor I might go this route sometime next year.

https://www.goapr.com/products/software/ecu_upgrade/parts/ECU-42T

-jake

Muggy
October 29th, 2020, 10:06
Reach out to nubcake on here....he can hook you up with a custom tune and can make adjustments when you do upgrades.

Now as far as the APR above, sounds like a very reasonable deal (finally) for a switchable tune, plus the inclusion of the TCU tune is a nice bonus as well. I'd say if you have a stock car and just want a bump in power, APR probably can't be beat for a solid reliable tune.

Now that said, any tuning is going to push your 17 year old car and may open a can of worms for future repairs and/or upgrades....:cheers:

lswing
October 29th, 2020, 15:41
TCU tune has always needed soldering of a new chip, unless that changed?

eurovintage
October 29th, 2020, 21:12
Remember every car is different, due to condition, tolerances etc.
Best is an individual type tune/tunes.
Nubcake did my programs, great flexability, very happy with them !
My 10 cents
Ivan

papadoc
November 3rd, 2020, 05:54
If you are considering a tune, and you should, the 034 Motorsport tune, both ECU and TCU, are for my money better than APR. I have had both, and the 034 tunes win. APR has dropped their prices dramatically, probably due to competition from other vendors. Their tune is OK, but the response from the 034 tune is noticeably better.

Muggy
November 3rd, 2020, 10:49
Great to have a solid comparison on these 2 tunes....$599 is still quite inexpensive though and should still definitely give a lot more punch to a totally stock car.

That said, I'm sticking with my nubcake tune...:bow: