PDA

View Full Version : Need Oil cooler lines ASAP

04rs6cdn
February 11th, 2020, 17:27
Anyone have the oil cooler lines ? Audi part numbers 4B3317815B and 4B3317816C....car is on the hoist ...need asap.....Thanks!!

DHall1
February 11th, 2020, 23:45
i Googled and it looks like I have turbo oil lines. Sorry no go for me

hahnmgh63
February 12th, 2020, 02:18
They are rare. I was looking for a new/replacement set a while back and couldn't find them. Ebay has had a dented one listed for about a year but I didn't want a dented one, right at the bend that might restrict flow. I ended up finding one on Ebaymotors.uk but it was pretty rusty. When you pull them off, the cooler the cooler tends to strip, as Audi must have put them on super tight or used some type of sealant. But...the cooler threads are Aluminum and the cooler lines are a steel fitting so if you use a metal pick or small flat blade screwdriver you can get all of the Aluminum stripped threads out of the steel fitting and be left with a perfectly good fitting.

04rs6cdn
February 12th, 2020, 16:44
Still want a pic? Or no

redwoodkiwi
February 13th, 2020, 04:18
Removing those lines from the cooler can easily end up ruining either the cooler (the flange threads) or the lines or both. Steel female connectors on male aluminium flanges is just asking for corrosion - and corrode they do.

Having just gone through this with the engine out, I replaced a line with AN8 compression connectors and a braided line. Looks better than factory. Inspired by this thread:
https://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?t=113332. - note: the thread describes AN10 - I used AN8 (a bit smaller, closer to stock in size and easier to work around bends).

Relatively easy. You'll find everything you need on Amazon - with Prime delivery you'll be sorted in a couple of days.

04rs6cdn
February 19th, 2020, 20:11
Got the other 2 made......Still need 1 more......Its the smaller one that comes from the trans to the bottom left of the Rad.......if you want to see a pic the part number is 4B3317818E.....I dont have luck posting pics on here :)

Mine is leaking and rusted so if any one has a good one let me know...Thank you

JettaGLi16v
February 21st, 2020, 16:58
You could likely go to a local hydraulic hose manufacturing company, and have one made. I know I have had all manner of fluid lines made locally: Power steering, AC, oil cooler, etc. Might be worth a check.

hahnmgh63
February 22nd, 2020, 01:42
Let me dig through a box. I might have a good one. Rust free too if I have it.

hahnmgh63
February 23rd, 2020, 01:46
Looked in the shop and I've got one in very good condition. I am in WA state so it would take a few days shipping and whatever customs decided to hold it up for.