PDA

View Full Version : PACNW RS6 owners- Leavenworth 2020?

kruat
January 8th, 2020, 23:29
I know there's quite a few of us PacNW RS6 owners on here, how many of you guys are planning on going to the Leavenworth 2020 drive?

I have not been able to go for the last few years, thanks Military, but am planning on it this year.

Would be cool to get together with fellow RS's and roll together. Any one interested? Exact dates are not out yet, but it seems to always be fathers day weekend in June.

https://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/c52s.jpg

My RS will be fresh off her routine maintenance, new timing belt, VCGs, etc.

hahnmgh63
January 9th, 2020, 06:09
I might be interested depending on the timing/work, etc... Interviewing for a new job so might have some training. Took the RS6 up there years ago with the Porsche club for Oktoberfest.

GreggPDX
January 9th, 2020, 16:46
Might be interested as well, is it a day trip, or do folks usually stay overnight?

kruat
January 9th, 2020, 20:04
Usually a day trip, but some do try to get a hotel. Everyone gathers in Bellevue, then heads to Leavenworth.

I plan on staying in Leavenworth for a couple days after the drive. I'm using my Worldmark timeshare.

Blau_RS2
January 10th, 2020, 16:16
I'm planning on coming down from Alberta. Haven't decided if it will be in the RS6 Avant or the RS2 Avant. It's been a few years since i've been down.

ben916
January 11th, 2020, 22:34
i'm planning on coming down from alberta. Haven't decided if it will be in the rs6 avant or the rs2 avant. It's been a few years since i've been down.

rs2......

Blau_RS2
January 11th, 2020, 23:35
That’s what I’m leaning towards. There are some nice mountain passes through Northern Washington that suit the smaller RS2!

kruat
January 12th, 2020, 01:44
I'd love to see a RS2 in person, so that gets my vote. Next year, I'll be taking my B5 S4, as it should be complete from its Stg3 upgrades. There is something about taking a small, powerful, and agile car though the mountains.

rah
January 12th, 2020, 10:37
I go to the Leavenworth Drive yearly from it's start basically, first one i went to was in 2001 (dating myself there). I did miss 3 i believe. i will be going this year once again. They usually do it the Saturday of Father's day weekend, it has been the trend for the past 3/4 years. Looks like it might be on the 20th of June but we will see on the confirmed dates i guess. I also stay overnight time to time as well. I hope we get to do this, it would be nice having multiple RS6 there this time!

kruat
January 13th, 2020, 02:04
Awesome thanks Rah. I really hope we can get a bunch of us together.

rah
January 13th, 2020, 04:02
Awesome thanks Rah. I really hope we can get a bunch of us together.

Sounds good. Is your allroad a 2.7T or 4.2? i have a C5 Allroad as well, 2.7T 6 speed hence the question.

kruat
January 13th, 2020, 15:49
2.7 tiptragic. I nearly swapped it to a 6spd, but the reason I have it is for my daugher to drive. So, auto makes more sense. I just got it back together after pulling the motor and trans, replacing the TQ with a level 10. Pretty happy with it so far.

lswing
January 15th, 2020, 17:55
Been wanting to checkout Leavenworth for years, might try and make it up...

rah
January 17th, 2020, 03:08
2.7 tiptragic. I nearly swapped it to a 6spd, but the reason I have it is for my daugher to drive. So, auto makes more sense. I just got it back together after pulling the motor and trans, replacing the TQ with a level 10. Pretty happy with it so far.

Very nice. Mine decided to brake down about a week ago, dumping coolant out of the front of the car, suspecting the water pump, even so it was changed with the timing less then 12,000 ago, haven't had a chance to look into it yet.

catriple
January 17th, 2020, 03:15
What if I were to bring camp allroad up to the PNW. Anyone interested?

kruat
January 17th, 2020, 04:12

Got my attention.

DHall1
January 17th, 2020, 13:36
I vote Colorado for camp AR

i could make it this year even though I sold my Avant. I’d bring something cool

rah
January 18th, 2020, 02:18

Definitely got my attention as well, i have been wanting to make it to one of those.

Blau_RS2
January 27th, 2020, 15:48

I've been wanting to go from the start but the drive was just a bit on the long side. I would definitely do a PNW event!

95ninety
February 10th, 2020, 05:30
They just announced the date on Facebook. 27 June. I just moved to the area and plan to go this year with the RS. I'm going to book a room for Saturday, so if you guys are planning on leaving early that morning, I'd love to join.

kruat
February 10th, 2020, 16:15
Dang, a week later then I planned for. Reservations will be tough now. Its normally always fathers day weekend.

Well I'm still going, now I just dont know if I'll be staying the night.

rah
February 13th, 2020, 03:04
Dang, a week later then I planned for. Reservations will be tough now. Its normally always fathers day weekend.

Well I'm still going, now I just dont know if I'll be staying the night.

Just saw that as well. They use to have it on father's day weekend but not this time. I already took time off and i have to switch it now! I will be there, not sure on the overnight for myself either...

kruat
April 4th, 2020, 02:48
Bump this to the top, getting close.

Just ordered my non res milltek today, ECS is offering 15% off right now, fyi.

Blau_RS2
April 4th, 2020, 17:15

You'll love the Milltek, I got the same one for mine and it really woke up the engine during full throttle. The rumble at idle is still subdued but better than stock.

Hope things in the world have improved by then but I'm kind of doubting this will happen. At this point I can't even cross the border...

kruat
April 4th, 2020, 17:23
Yeah I know what you mean, hopefully by June we'll be in a better place, but the way the media is pushing it..I kinda doubt it as well.

rah
April 6th, 2020, 08:09

Nice congrats on the exhaust, seems to be a good price too. I am full rebuilding the 63 rag at the moment, so the funds went towards that project! i will most likely chip and do an exhaust set up on the RS6 next winter.

kruat
April 27th, 2020, 19:33
Well it looks like the drive has been canceled. Bummer. Once this crap dies down we should get all together and do the drive anyway.

rah
May 3rd, 2020, 06:52
Well it looks like the drive has been canceled. Bummer. Once this crap dies down we should get all together and do the drive anyway.

It sure was cancelled, makes sense with what is going on, and not an easy event to reschedule for sure. First time it won't happen in over 20 years, crazy. Count me in to do a cruise once the Covid restrictions are up for sure.

rah
June 23rd, 2020, 05:04
Despite the cancellation, quite a few enthusiasts are going to do a "Leavenworth cruise" after all this Saturday. It will just be a meet and drive. I plan on going. If anyone is interested here, i will post updates this week for startup locations, times etc.

kruat
June 24th, 2020, 03:13
I might be able to go, please let us know when you get the details.

rah
June 24th, 2020, 04:32
I might be able to go, please let us know when you get the details.

Will do. I posted on Facebook and sent an email to a friend of mine for details. I should know by tomorrow.

rah
July 2nd, 2020, 10:12
Sorry for not getting back in time on this thread.

My son ended up having a CV needing a replacement on his B5 and they ended up giving him the wrong part the day before, so we were installing his new CV at 11AM that morning and didn't get to leave until almost 1PM! We still did it because well, it was his birthday and he has been going to the Leavenworth drive since he was 5 and just loves the event. He is now 22 and driving his own on this event yearly for 5 years, man i'm getting old!

I hope we can get a few RS6 owners together for next year's event, or just a RS6 Leavenworth drive sometime!

kruat
July 2nd, 2020, 15:26
I booked my timeshare for next year already, hopefully it will be around fathers day weekend.

rah
July 8th, 2020, 09:59
I booked my timeshare for next year already, hopefully it will be around fathers day weekend.

It usually is, this year was the exception really.