February 19th, 2004, 15:05
Pic 6

Audihead
February 19th, 2004, 15:06
Pic 7

sturs6
Wow,
C55 now that would be an impressive ride there.
:wo:

Audihead
Pic 8 Last One.....

krm
February 19th, 2004, 15:56
The estate version looks quite nice. The dash and steering looks to be a big improvement over the previous ones.

:mech: :0:

steve
February 19th, 2004, 17:47
Too bad it's "only" the old 360hp version.

But still a very nice car!

pING
February 19th, 2004, 20:52
Especially the estate looks very good!
But I think the instrumentpanel sucks big time, too bad.

Realy nice pics btw :0:

EBMCS03
February 19th, 2004, 21:47
good lord... is that the same engine from the E55 to the C class?

xscream
February 19th, 2004, 22:11
Dont really see the point of upgrade from C32 to C55 since its not really faster, and a lot more expensive.

If it would have been the 55K engine from the E55 and SL55, then, dang that car would have been hot.
E55K engine, kickas breakes and a nice coilover set, and the M3 would have some real competition. :)

But the facelift is nice anyway :)

goku0815
February 21st, 2004, 19:30
mmmmhhh iīve seen pictures of the intereur in a mag here in germany....
and if you see it from the side it seems to me that mercedes has a little....ok lets say a little bit too much copied it from audi...
But that is just because they bought the chief intereur designer from audi....
I think it is a shame.... because merc should stay where it is and shouldnīt try to be as sporty as audi because i think it looks just the other way ---
Take a look at the outside and then into the car and it doesnīt fit.....NOT AT ALL!
Even the steering-wheel is nearly the same as an audi...except of that in the middle there is the merc star and not the four rings!
Altough i think that from the outside it looks great!
And the performance will be awesome just like merc did it with the e55 amg!

EDIT:
Have you seen the buttons for clima control and warn-light (dont know if its the right word) they are not only copied but exactly the same as audi builds in their cars!

krm
February 21st, 2004, 20:41
goku, now that you brought it up that dashboard and buttons really resemble those in Audi! Never thought of MB following someone's footsteps in design. :eye:

goku0815
February 22nd, 2004, 00:46
look at that picture and youīll know what i mean though my english isnīt that good enough to explain it all in detail....
look at the control buttons, the steering wheel and the instruments....all audi!!!!!!!!!!!:vgrumpy:
looks for me like the TT Instruments!
http://www.automobilismo.it/edisport/automobilismo/gallery.nsf/HFoto/MercedesClasseC2004Foto05FotoGrande/$File/05.jpg

Audihead
February 23rd, 2004, 16:08
Originally posted by krm
goku, now that you brought it up that dashboard and buttons really resemble those in Audi! Never thought of MB following someone's footsteps in design. :eye:

Hey at least it's a validation that Audi is on the right track. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. On another note, why shouldn't AMG's have a sporty interior? They are a performance car & division are they not?

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

goku0815
February 23rd, 2004, 21:29
It defenitly should have a sporty interieur!
But look a friend of mine once had an 2k3 e55 an if you compare the interieur design to the new c55 it fits much more to the outside look of a mercedes which is not sporty but more elegance!
Sport is reserved for the slr and the sl class but not for those type of mercs.
But i agree to you that copying is the best sign of envy!
First time i hear mercedes making compliments to another brand!
But in this case it isnīt just copying it is that they bought a designer from audi who made it possible for audi beeing the FIRST brand in the world to make a perfekt symbiosis of sports and elegance( think about it )!
and now mercedes is so enviously on audi that they buy the man who did it for audi and now they want him to do the same to their brand but it doesnīt work because audi had the fitting exterieur! and audi int. and mercedes ext. do not fit....not at all.....see what i want to say is that audi sport is not the same as mercedes sport!
damn it....it is so hard to find the right words to come to the point if you know what you want to say in german but do not have the right vocabulary but finally :race: !!!!!!!!

Audihead
February 23rd, 2004, 21:40
Very nicely put. It is fun to watch Mercedes playing catch-up isn't it. Interesting that they have to take Audi people to get things right. AMG will be a force to reckon with in short order, Merc is trying very hard to play the sports car game. It will just take a little time to perfect. The partnership with McClaren (SLR) will yield great results in the future I'm sure.

krm
February 23rd, 2004, 22:14
Originally posted by Bimmerhead
Hey at least it's a validation that Audi is on the right track. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. On another note, why shouldn't AMG's have a sporty interior? They are a performance car & division are they not?

Indeed, but it's interesting to see such a reputable manufacturer resort to design cues from someone else as they probably have the resources and talent to explore an original direction in design. It works but wouldn't it be nicer if each manufacture has something unique (especially with interiors in this case)? In the end, us buyers would like to have different choices.

Don't see where you thought I said a sporty interior does not belong in an AMG. (?)

Klint
February 23rd, 2004, 22:16
That looks stunning...now that the C-Klasse also has the 5.5litre V8 powerplant, i'll like to see what brabus do to it...most likely they'll superchaqrge it and give it the 550bhp treatment...Bye Bye M3/S4! :bye2:

Audihead
February 24th, 2004, 16:18
Don't see where you thought I said a sporty interior does not belong in an AMG. (?) [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry about that, I was refering to goku's comment. I was trying to kill to birds with the same post. Forgot to put his quote in.

goku0815
February 24th, 2004, 18:34
mmmhh i either donīt see where i said that youīve said it.....
but anyways lets imagine the following:

You have about $50.000,- and you hate bmw because everyone drives one and you donīt like the look of it and the audi s4 isnīt your type of car either so what do you do.....
think mmmmhhh letīs buy a car which does not look like s4/m3 performance.....wow you found it and its the c55 amg and guess what ... you open the door and you find the same interieur like in the audi isnīt that depressing somehow! i would shut the door and walk straight to the audi dealer to get the original and not a 15.000$ more expensive copy from mercedes!
When you open a mercedes you donīt expect to find an audi in it!
itīs like if you open a ferrari you dont expect s class style in it!
It would never fit together ...
by the way i still didnīt find the part where i am saying that you said....blablabla now what i mean.@bimmerhead

Audihead
February 24th, 2004, 19:45
[QUOTE]Originally posted by goku0815
I think it is a shame.... because merc should stay where it is and shouldnīt try to be as sporty as audi because i think it looks just the other way ---

Sorry for the confusion, this was the quote I was refering to. I think we have it all sorted now. I just can't wait to take one for a spin. It should be one hell of a car. You should hear all the comments on the site www.c32life.com they are kind of uneasy about this new Merc. too.

:s4addict:-Bimmerhead

Snow
February 24th, 2004, 23:05
Sorry for interruption the conversation with a simple question, but Bimmerhead, do you know if the sixth picture from top (the close-up of the alloy) is available as a desktop image? I would LOVE that!:0:

Erik
February 24th, 2004, 23:34
Originally posted by Snow
Sorry for interruption the conversation with a simple question, but Bimmerhead, do you know if the sixth picture from top (the close-up of the alloy) is available as a desktop image? I would LOVE that!:0:

Oh Boy have I scanned the whole MB press site. :vgrumpy:
Simply couldn't find it! Looks like these pictures come out of the catalogue.

They sure used http://www.move-n-shoot.com technology.

Klint
February 25th, 2004, 13:42
Originally posted by Erik

They sure used http://www.move-n-shoot.com technology.

or the cheaper alternative...

The wonderful thing called Photoshop. :p

http://www.brabus.de/news/news29e.htm

Amazingly, Brabus are usually quick on their toes when it comes to modifying Mercs, both on getting the mods quickly onto market and performance figures. :)

Audihead
February 25th, 2004, 18:36
Snow, I got those pics from c32life.com . Don't know where the guy that posted them over there got them from. I think you can copy them from here and set as a desktop image, I'm not a computer wiz but i think it's possible like Klint said, with Photoshop.

Snow
February 25th, 2004, 20:17
He he, of course I can do that, but the size isn't correct, so it won't look good.
Thank for the find anyway. Looks awsome!

Erik
February 27th, 2004, 19:25
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/bil786786786/worshippamg1.gif