PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio

Aronis
February 19th, 2004, 13:51
I finally got close enough to a dealer to buy some parts! LOL.

I picked up the XM Radio Module yesterday. It took about 20 minutes to install. The bracket is behind the inner wall of the fender behind the Jack/Tool/CD changer rack.

It's a bit tricky to get the rack back in place with the receiver on it but not too bad.

XM Radio is GREAT, EXCELLENT Reception and great variety of music/talk/etc.

Still they have annoying DJ's trying to be funny, just shut up and play the music! I thought it was going to be like the Direct TV music channels- no DJ's, but NOT. they are there!

But the reception is excellent at any speed. It is worth it. $9.99 a month plus the $400 for the module. So about 20 bucks per month over 4 years or so!

No more CD's to buy, nothing to down load, etc. worth it for me. My hearing is too good for MP3 quality, vs CD, it's like going back to Tapes LOL. The XM is pure full CD info transmitted digitally, no lost music. I'd bet that if they had Super Audio CD's at their end, that data would come through as well!

Mike

bilbozilla
February 19th, 2004, 17:02
I love my XM. I actually bought module on e-bay (audi OEM part) for $240 the week I bought my car. It's fantastic, and the install was a cinch. I don't believe I've even used the CD player, but I'm betting I'm going to wear out the station select buttons flipping through the stations to find out what I'm missing on the other stations.

I bought the XM module to get Phil Hendrie, but I hardly listen to him because I can listen to commercial free broadcasts on the other stations. Long live XM.

Oh yea, simple install.

ShankRS6
February 20th, 2004, 12:34
wait,

xm is available for the audi rs6?

If so, where can I buy the module?

Ryan

sturs6
February 20th, 2004, 13:26
Ebay or your dealer. But wait I have a Sirius box that I will sale you.

ShankRS6
February 20th, 2004, 14:40
I'll buy the sirius. I am not that mechanically inclined for installation.

bilbozilla
February 20th, 2004, 16:50
If you can unwrap foam wraps from a bundle of wires and plug 3 plugs into their respective sockets, you can install the Sat. module in your RS6.

Aronis
February 21st, 2004, 02:13
The XM Radio is great, I drove 300 miles through NH, Vermont, NY, never lost the signal. Excellent reception, you hear all the music, like a CD, but without the CD noise from the 44 KHz noise due to the nyquist frequency. The XM broadcast must be very clean.

But,

The dam thing interfers with my Valentine One Radar detector! I get a low signal from the back...it usually clears up after ten minutes or so of driving, I assume it has something to do with the XM module warming up.

Mike