PDA

View Full Version : Help me!!!

jgun81
February 19th, 2004, 02:41
I have black dots all over my HRE polished lips.
I treid metal polish cream and it DOESN"T work.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

Erik
February 19th, 2004, 08:39
Petrol and a tooth brush is a good cleaning agent :0:
But don't smoke at the same time...

nene
February 19th, 2004, 13:55
Are you kidding Erik, or are you for real?
I have a set of polished 19" Intro-Forged that could use a good rub-down, since I put them on the S4 a bit too early last year.

So you say a bit of gasoline, toothbrush, non-smoker with patience can do clean it good?

Erik
February 19th, 2004, 14:01
Petrol and a tooth brush worked fine for my white Toyota Supra rims. Petrol is a very good cleaning agent, not very healthy, but good. Give it a try, but don't inhale...

Audihead
February 19th, 2004, 15:24
What about it taking the protective finish off the wheels?

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Klint
February 19th, 2004, 23:57
Originally posted by Bimmerhead
What about it taking the protective finish off the wheels?

I thought of that when I read the thread originally.

Do you folks have WD40 in the states? That cleans high polished services pretty well with a soft sponge.

boondocksts
February 20th, 2004, 03:24
theres some stuff called blue magic or something like that. it is a blue gelatinous metal polish, its AMAZING. i got it at autozone like $5 a bottle (7oz maybe)

Audihead
February 20th, 2004, 18:13
Originally posted by Klint
I thought of that when I read the thread originally.

Do you folks have WD40 in the states? That cleans high polished services pretty well with a soft sponge.

Yes we sure do. I'm just not a fan of putting petro-products on nice surfaces. There has to be a better way or products on the market for this sort of thing. I usually use bug and tar remover to touch up any little spots of yuck on the rims then put some sort of polish right back on.

Klint
February 20th, 2004, 19:44
A good tar, grease and oil remover has definitely got to be washing up liquid!

I use that on the motorbikes when the slush from the chain lube/jell gets all over the place...works wonders for those greasey spots! :thumb: