PDA

View Full Version : Help Fixing Clogged AC Drain in Front Left of Cabin?

nistah
July 11th, 2019, 20:45
Anyone have previous experience fixing clogged AC drain in front left of cabin?

My RS6 seems to be dumping water condensation after long trips into the front and rear passenger footwell carpets did not realize it for a while because I run the rubber mats year round even down in Miami.

I'm getting water build up coming from the front dash area that soaks the front and rear passenger footwell carpets.

Has anyone else had this problem and solved it? Thinking it's simply a clogged drain that is supposed to run onto the ground but instead is backing up into cabin due to being clogged. Insight and experience appreciated...:addict:

nubcake
July 12th, 2019, 11:22
Check cowl first:
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/33789-Water-introduction-on-Driver-s-side?p=291720&viewfull=1#post291720

EDIT: unless that only happens in dry weather.

AndyRS6
July 18th, 2019, 04:03
Check those pictures
Just did mine

nistah
July 22nd, 2019, 17:15
Check those pictures
Just did mine

Check cowl first:
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/33789-Water-introduction-on-Driver-s-side?p=291720&viewfull=1#post291720

EDIT: unless that only happens in dry weather.

Thanks for the ideas & pictures, can you please elaborate on what all was done, are any specific tools or replacement parts needed to get the car prepped and fixed? If so what needs to be removed, which tools are needed and what replacement part are required. I'm going to have to tow the car a long distance to have it worked on so would like to have everything I need ready the first time. Thanks in advance !

nistah
July 29th, 2019, 21:25
Twas simply a clogged drain that is supposed to run onto the ground but instead is backing up into cabin due to being clogged, shout out to my Audi tech who installed new EBC yellow pads @ all four corners, put in a new front grill & fished a line thru and unclogged the backup, AC condensate now running onto ground run off as was originally intended:RS5fan: