PDA

View Full Version : Rubbing issues Milltek exhaust and rear Hotchkis sway bar

Cmnair
June 9th, 2019, 22:24
Anyone have rubbing issues? It's the cross brace that stabilizes the two exhaust pipes leading to the tips that is contacting the Hotchkis sway bar. Anyone have this issue?

hahnmgh63
June 10th, 2019, 02:41
I'll take a look at mine, I have full Milltek w/Hotchkis and no problems.
Ok, looked at mine and the cross bar is a little forward. I took some pics if you want to PM me your e-mail I'll send you my pics.

hahnmgh63
June 10th, 2019, 15:52
I do have the Milltek Catless downpipes, one is a little longer than the other, I think the right. Because of that I think my right side pipes are butted up right to each other with the band clamp around them and the left probably has 1/2" to 1" gap with the band clamp around them. The larger than stock Oval exits are flush at the back of the car and I don't have them protruding.
I will say that I do like the larger Milltek Oval tips but the ones on a stock RS5 are probably just as big or slightly larger. Surprised how small the stock RS6 tips looks sitting next to a stock RS5 tips.

Cmnair
June 10th, 2019, 16:21
Thanks for sharing...yes in my case it is stock downpipes with non resonated Milltek exhaust. The clamp/bracket was contacting sway bar more on the driver side over certain undulations on the road. I am on the road but will put up pictures soon.
Thanks!