PDA

View Full Version : RNSE starting to go

stubro
April 8th, 2019, 20:16
Guys I need so help. My RNSE that I have had in since 2005 is starting to go. Screen getting messed up etc. I need to find a replacement unit. Question on where to find one and what I need to look for. Its been 14 years so I dont remember :). Mine was a euro unit with TV etc, though I didnt use it. What models work and dont work?
Thanks

ben916
April 9th, 2019, 19:09
When I had mine, I went thru ZAWA to get it. Plug Play

Chung
April 9th, 2019, 19:40
I am in the process of installing an Android/Car Play system in mine. The look is close to stock but the colors are a little off (Audi has that greyish rubber look and I cannot find how to replicate it). I will say having Car Play is very nice to have.

stubro
April 9th, 2019, 19:45
Perfect thanks. When I got mine back in 2005 it was a more challenging situation :)

hahnmgh63
April 10th, 2019, 01:02
I've seen C5 RNS-E unit (correct trim) on quattroworld and audizine lately. Not sure if they are older/newer. I think around 2010 was the newer model year (Larger SD cards, Traffic, HD screen).

AudiPilot
November 19th, 2019, 15:43
I am in the process of installing an Android/Car Play system in mine. The look is close to stock but the colors are a little off (Audi has that greyish rubber look and I cannot find how to replicate it). I will say having Car Play is very nice to have.

Can I ask what you went with? I’ve had Alpine in previous vehicles, and their styling is subtle enough to me that it might not totally undo the OE “purist” goal. Curious though how well it drives the speaker system... when I bought the RS6 it had a terrible-looking Jensen screen that I’m pretty sure was driving only the in-door upper speakers/tweeters. :doh: Immediately replaced it with the OE head.

Chung
December 11th, 2019, 22:30
Sorry for the delay. I went with a unit from androidautoshop https://androidautoshop.com/audi/154-1259-audi-a6-8-touch-screen-android-80-4gb-32gb-entertainment-system.html#/26-map-europe. Not the best customer support but it did eventually arrive. I have a Carplay wireless dongle that I am still ironing out the bugs on. When it works it is great, Carplay is started automatically and you are ready to go. The issue I think I have is the headunit doesn't put out enough current. I am working on adding a powered USB hub to see if that fixes my issues. Overall it looks pretty stock but the black color tone is a little different. Audio quality is a downgrade from the stock unit but not massive.

AudiPilot
December 11th, 2019, 22:33
Thanks for the info on your setup!