PDA

View Full Version : Bilsteins as a DRC replacement ? Your help will be appreciated.

Jimmy Joe
February 7th, 2019, 05:53
I´ve been thinking on a replacement for the DRC, wanted to go the Koni Super Sport route, as suggested in this forum, only to discover that The Tire RacK, Europa Parts, and others don´t send them to México, for reasons unknown to me. i was reading a post the other day by G2 and DHall1 where mention was made of a Bilstein option by G2, who seems to know quite a bit on the subject, if so, would you be kind enough to enlight me on that option ?, or do you know of a serious supplier whom to order from ? Thank you in advance.

lswing
February 8th, 2019, 19:15
H&R Coilovers are a nice option also...

Jimmy Joe
February 14th, 2019, 06:54
Thanks Iswing, but price is a consideration. I would like to get something similar to Koni´s Super Sport that require no modifications ( Bilsteins, maybe ?)and could
be shipped to Mexico City. I would buy coil overs only as a last resort. I´ll try to find if the shocks of a 4.2 S8 will fit.

mballard73
February 14th, 2019, 21:25
Have you checked this web site?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bilstein-parts/b14-coilover-suspension-kit/47-086937~bil/

It shows these as back ordered but does have the part number and even asked that you call.

Cheers,

Mark

spoolinrs6
February 26th, 2019, 17:14
ive had bilsteins pss9s on my rs6 for a while and the ride is smooth and I never had issues with rubbing even with 20in wheels