PDA

View Full Version : I opened my ECU and TCU yesterday to try and figure out the tuning situation

95ninety
January 18th, 2019, 16:27
It has the early soldered in MTM chip (which I knew), but I'm unsure of the TCU. It looks like the stock chipset, but I don't know as I haven't seen a picture of a stock one. Is there a way to determine if it is flashed or not? VAGCOM hasn't indicated anything to think otherwise in the component name when I read the control module.

bethridg
January 18th, 2019, 17:39
This was my MTM chipped TCU. I have no idea how to identify now that they are flashing the stock chip.

https://i.imgur.com/HoogYsrh.jpg

nubcake
January 18th, 2019, 22:00
It depends on who had done it.
Very likely a stocker, tho.

Just FYI: MTM doesn't put any tags in the ECU ID.

95ninety
January 19th, 2019, 14:01
Thanks for the replies. I was doing a little more research and came across this post - https://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102322 . It looks like my TCU chip is stock.

I was reading some of the forum history and saw a few posts about $100 TCU chips. Sounds too good to be true! Is it?

I was only able to find 034's TCU chip when searching online. Are there any other less expensive options? Looks like everyone else mentioned in the past has either discontinued or stopped advertising their offerings.

nubcake
January 19th, 2019, 16:18
$100 TCU chips. Sounds too good to be true! Is it?

Can probably find a complete TCU for 200ish nowadays, with everybody converting to MT anyway. :)

95ninety
January 19th, 2019, 18:06
Can probably find a complete TCU for 200ish nowadays, with everybody converting to MT anyway. :)

I'd love to find something like that, but I've been looking through classifieds and haven't seen much in the way of chipsets in the last couple of years.

If anyone reads this and is interested in selling or a trade of some sort, let me know.

nubcake
January 19th, 2019, 19:20
I do have one, but I'm on the other side of the globe. Shipping will be slow & expensive. Feel free to PM me.

95ninety
January 19th, 2019, 22:07
Sent you a message.