PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the PNW for a timing belt service recommendation...

rah
December 11th, 2018, 11:13
Hi there,

Anyone in the Pacific Northwest has a recommendation for a shop or a certain person for a timing belt service? Even someone on here that wants to do it and has done it before? I don't have the experience and the specialty tools required for that but i would love to see it or help if someone on here does that kind of service on the side. I rather pay someone good and knowledgeable here or at a good shop then going to the dealership to be honest.

it is not for another couple of month but i rather know ahead of time and plan.

thank you.

ben916
December 11th, 2018, 16:26
Hi there,

Anyone in the Pacific Northwest has a recommendation for a shop or a certain person for a timing belt service? Even someone on here that wants to do it and has done it before? I don't have the experience and the specialty tools required for that but i would love to see it or help if someone on here does that kind of service on the side. I rather pay someone good and knowledgeable here or at a good shop then going to the dealership to be honest.

it is not for another couple of month but i rather know ahead of time and plan.

thank you.

I had mine done at University for $1600 but I provided most of the parts.

canyon works at Barrier Audi in Bellevue in the service dept.
I can't speak for him if he can hook you up for a dealio.

AMD might be another option in Weedinville, er, Woodinville...

rah
December 12th, 2018, 07:16
I had mine done at University for $1600 but I provided most of the parts.

canyon works at Barrier Audi in Bellevue in the service dept.
I can't speak for him if he can hook you up for a dealio.

AMD might be another option in Weedinville, er, Woodinville...

Cool thank you for that, i will look at those options and see if i can get a hold of Canyon. I did not even think about Addict Motorsports on that one, thanks for the reminder as well!

canyon
February 2nd, 2019, 04:50
Did you ever get your T belt situation handled? PM me if you need help

cruzanrs6
February 5th, 2019, 18:32
I used Hillside imports in Oregon for my 2.7T and the RS6. Great Experience.

rah
February 15th, 2019, 11:34
Did you ever get your T belt situation handled? PM me if you need help

Sorry i haven't got back on here in a while. No i have not, it was kind of a plan ahead situation, are you a tech/or have the experience with it?

rah
February 15th, 2019, 11:35
I used Hillside imports in Oregon for my 2.7T and the RS6. Great Experience.

Thank you for the heads up on that! i actually heard of that hillside Imports, i'll consider it!

hahnmgh63
February 16th, 2019, 03:54
I might be able to give you a hand this spring or early summer depending on your time frame. Running about 4 projects at once right now.

rah
February 20th, 2019, 11:10
I might be able to give you a hand this spring or early summer depending on your time frame. Running about 4 projects at once right now.

Thank you so much for that! I will definitely let you know on that, it should be right around then that it will be due, depending on the mileage i put on the car until then. It is not my DD but has been my winter warrioir for the past 3 weeks with the snow in the area that is for sure! $ projects at once, braver man then i am, struggling with two at the moment...

G2
March 15th, 2019, 21:04
If Eugene isn't too far south, there's Cascade AutoWerkes. Small city prices.
They (I) have done a number of RS6 timing belt jobs, up to including engine out repairs. Most RS's come in from Portland/Vancouver area and north.

rah
March 16th, 2019, 01:25
If Eugene isn't too far south, there's Cascade AutoWerkes. Small city prices.
They (I) have done a number of RS6 timing belt jobs, up to including engine out repairs. Most RS's come in from Portland/Vancouver area and north.

Cool thank you, i'll keep it in mind for sure. I have someone locally that will most likely be doing the job. Thanks again!

kruat
March 18th, 2019, 03:27
I'll be doing mine this spring as well, sounds like we need to have a timing belt GTG.

rah
March 19th, 2019, 03:46
I'll be doing mine this spring as well, sounds like we need to have a timing belt GTG. Haha, that sounds about right!