PDA

View Full Version : any good suggestions? 18" for sale

audirs6sport
February 18th, 2004, 11:29
i need to sell my factory 18's anyone have any good suggestions as far as where and how to sell them? :addict:

Finnus
February 18th, 2004, 13:24
Ebay? You can set a reserve (minimium) and you get a wide audience. Do they fit the regular A6? If yes, then I would market them that way. I think a lot of people would want to jazz up their A6 to look like an RS6 ...

Finnus

:addict:

nene
February 18th, 2004, 14:06
Keep in mind that folks can get the replicas for really cheap, your potential customer would be the folks that really want something that is OEM. Thus the price you should ask for might be just a bit higher then what they are going for as replicas. Also, I think our wheels are a bit stronger then the replicas. They probably weigh more as well, but as long as they are stronger, who cares about a couple of pounds. I've had a similar wheel on the S4, and they've taken a beating, because they are 18" too! Still no bent rims (knock on wood) after having them for almost 3 years. And I live in Boston, which is probably some of the worst roads in the whole Universe.

Nonetheless, I think you can find some folks that will take it.
I would recommend posting it for sale in the AudiWorld community 'For Sale' section. You will surely get a wide audience, maybe even someone in your area.

Try other forums as well like Audizine or BostonAudi.org.
Before you put it on eBay, always check your local community.
Good luck!!!

audirs6sport
February 18th, 2004, 22:37
thanks a bunch you guys =))))

:incar: :addict: :cheers:

Toots
February 19th, 2004, 08:51
How much do you want for the set

carbonLORD
February 20th, 2004, 16:20
I purchased a set last November unused from an RS 6 owner in LA which upgraded to 20's at delivery. I managed the full set with OEM Dunlops, mounted & balanced for $2000 with the FedEx COD shipping to Chicago included in the price.

Yes, there are a lot of replica's but they actually weigh more (Nene, the S4 S6 wheel is the heaviest wheel Audi makes BTW) I also had the 17" version of the wheel which was OEM and not a replica on my old A6 and that weighed 19lbs.

They will <b>not</b> fit any A6 2.8, 3.0 or 2.7T as the tire is 255 wide and the offset of the wheel is ET30, too great for these models. However, it will fit the S6 and A6 4.2 as these body panels are the same as the RS 6, the wider wheel arches and accoodate a 255 wide tire from stock. 2.8's and the rest have a 205-215 wide tire OEM. Market them only for what they fit, or you'll end up with an unhappy cutomer or a costly return.

You should be able o get about $2000 for yours if they are flawless. Otherwise eBay Germany eBay.de has tons of OEM with many sellers shipping world wide.

I know this wheel better then most so eail me if you have any questions or need help selling them (I could use a full size spare, but know you don't want to break up the set).

STominovich
February 22nd, 2004, 14:47
stominovich@fabiani-co.com

:D

pistol22pete
February 26th, 2004, 19:45
Email me at p_reddy22@yahoo.com....I am interested..