PDA

View Full Version : Back to the dark side....

DHall1
April 7th, 2018, 05:43
There is something about these black Benz with 12 cyl and two turbos.

CL600 in the house!!!

black, black, black

lswing
April 7th, 2018, 19:08
Pics or it doesn't count...

I'd be buying this since Audi can't bring us a real wagon...https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/model/class-E/model-E63S4S

CBeau
April 7th, 2018, 20:44
I love my SL65. I've had two. You don't really need to mess with them, they're plenty fast enuf... and a big heavy mega fast boat no matter what you do to it. I actually do think I'm going to Renntech flash my current one, a '07 diamond silver metallic with red berry premium leather pkg interior with about 30k mi.s on it. Sticker was $205k I paid $58k with 25k mi.s several years ago. Mint car. Flash is good for abt extra 50 hp and 100 tq lb ft, putting it at 670 hp and 840 lb ft. And as earth shattering as it might seem to this crowd.... the trans is no problem!! Rated to over 1000 lb ft. But it could use an extra high gear IMO. Only maintenance issues are / can be shocks (pneumatic or hydraulic depending on model... and expensive Mercedes only proprietary part... but can be coil over eliminated but I personally would not) and on convertibles like mine the hydraulic cylinders, there are 9 or 11 I forget, but if change with rebuilt upgraded ones with viton seals etc they will last for decades. That v12 motor is tried and true and stress tested and proven. I actually think the non AMG 600 cars are rarer than the AMG v12s, but that's just me off the top of my head what I see. A mint looking triple black SL65 with 12k miles just sold on bring a trailer for $48.5k. For performance and power and a decked out uber luxury car, you will not beat that, I don't think. If I stumbled upon the right S65 or CL65 I'd buy it no doubt.

Cmnair
April 7th, 2018, 21:36
Which car did you give up? :)

There is something about these black Benz with 12 cyl and two turbos.

CL600 in the house!!!

black, black, black

DHall1
April 8th, 2018, 00:10
I have this one at "work"

lol

DHall1
April 8th, 2018, 00:11
It's got the butt ugly pie rims right now. AMG 5 spokes already ordered

Pics or it doesn't count...

I'd be buying this since Audi can't bring us a real wagon...https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/model/class-E/model-E63S4S

DHall1
April 8th, 2018, 00:12
Screw AoA

lswing
April 8th, 2018, 01:57
It's got the butt ugly pie rims right now. AMG 5 spokes already ordered

Thanks for sparing our eyes, better get that thing dialed in...

ttboost
April 8th, 2018, 02:18
Yeah, there's something about the sound of those V12TT engines...and the TQ...Oh my!!! My 05 SL65 with a EC tune went 10.99 first time out...

Cmnair
April 8th, 2018, 02:31
I have this one at "work"

lol

hahahahaga

DHall1
April 8th, 2018, 05:37
Thats the plan Stan!

hehe

Yeah, there's something about the sound of those V12TT engines...and the TQ...Oh my!!! My 05 SL65 with a EC tune went 10.99 first time out...

DHall1
April 8th, 2018, 05:40
I agree on all points.

I stumbled and I bought. :-)

I love my SL65. I've had two. You don't really need to mess with them, they're plenty fast enuf... and a big heavy mega fast boat no matter what you do to it. I actually do think I'm going to Renntech flash my current one, a '07 diamond silver metallic with red berry premium leather pkg interior with about 30k mi.s on it. Sticker was $205k I paid $58k with 25k mi.s several years ago. Mint car. Flash is good for abt extra 50 hp and 100 tq lb ft, putting it at 670 hp and 840 lb ft. And as earth shattering as it might seem to this crowd.... the trans is no problem!! Rated to over 1000 lb ft. But it could use an extra high gear IMO. Only maintenance issues are / can be shocks (pneumatic or hydraulic depending on model... and expensive Mercedes only proprietary part... but can be coil over eliminated but I personally would not) and on convertibles like mine the hydraulic cylinders, there are 9 or 11 I forget, but if change with rebuilt upgraded ones with viton seals etc they will last for decades. That v12 motor is tried and true and stress tested and proven. I actually think the non AMG 600 cars are rarer than the AMG v12s, but that's just me off the top of my head what I see. A mint looking triple black SL65 with 12k miles just sold on bring a trailer for $48.5k. For performance and power and a decked out uber luxury car, you will not beat that, I don't think. If I stumbled upon the right S65 or CL65 I'd buy it no doubt.

ttboost
April 8th, 2018, 14:42
I made the mistake of buying the AMG, which seems to have a never diminishing depreciation. $195k car, I bought for $45k...I sold it a little over a year later for $37k...after trying for months to sell it...I see the CL600's for low $20's and high teen's so no real harm there...you just start about 100hp less...which EC can get back for you...so you have close to stock AMG power, without the stinging depreciation...S8 will be doing 10.90's soon...

Bigglezworth
April 9th, 2018, 03:57
The only thing bigger than the power these lay down is the size of those doors....

DHall1
April 11th, 2018, 06:39
Got a sniff of a SL65 with a "trans" issue. Going to investigate this week.

Here come the v12 bombers

ttboost
April 11th, 2018, 13:20
Those boxes are bullet proof...if you find one that's hurt, it's been pounded. It better be CHEEEEEEEAP.

DHall1
April 11th, 2018, 16:56
Hint

its the trans connector. Don't tell anyone

DHall1
April 11th, 2018, 16:57
May take a shot at this 07 S65. Gray mica/black. My fav

ttboost
April 11th, 2018, 21:07
Hint

its the trans connector. Don't tell anyone

Our secret...

Now go buy it...then trade it in on a D4 S8...

DHall1
April 12th, 2018, 03:42
Yeah, the 600s and 65s are just keeping me busy until I find my S8.

Hell, I was looking for my D4 S8 when I stumbled on my D2 S8. Lol

i get side tracked from time to time. Haha

ttboost
April 12th, 2018, 21:52
Yeah...every car I've purchased since 2013 has been a substitute for the D4...

Aronis
April 24th, 2018, 21:22
Going to even darker side....

Selling RS6....I hope....and trading M2.....for....

2018 AWD M5.....

and Trading Q7 for New Sienna AWD for wife.

Audi's next time I guess if a local Audi dealership opens up again. Audi is no longer the only AWD car in town and we are tired of going 1.5 hours each way for maintenance trips.

Mike

at least considering the M5.LMAO>!

ttboost
April 24th, 2018, 21:59
What a sad day in the Binghampton area today...

Aronis
April 24th, 2018, 23:58
Head liner sagging.....no interior lights for switch gear.....door switches going......

oh well......

We shall see, getting minivan first.

Mike

ttboost
April 25th, 2018, 01:29
My statement stands. Your car hates you. Whoring around in S8's, M5's, minivan's, etc...it's no wonder...

Aronis
April 25th, 2018, 20:27
that's not very helpful. but funny.

Mike

ttboost
April 25th, 2018, 20:36
Sorry for the confusion Mike... I wasn't trying to help... :)

Aronis
April 25th, 2018, 20:52
Sorry for the confusion Mike... I wasn't trying to help... :)

LOLOLOLOLOOOLOOLOLOL

you and your fancy S8....your massage seats.....your fancy stereo....your functioning electronics.....billion horsepower.....and your warrantee.....dam you......I hope your navigation system sends you down the wrong street! And your rear seat passengers complaint to you about the missing foot massagers that are in the 2019 A8L. HA! I tell you HA!..

:)

ttboost
April 25th, 2018, 21:07
1 It's not fancy...it's the regular one...2. no foot massages, because no one is allowed in the back seat...3. don't use the Nav...you think you're aggravated now...wait until you buy a BMW...

Aronis
April 25th, 2018, 21:35
1 It's not fancy...it's the regular one...2. no foot massages, because no one is allowed in the back seat...3. don't use the Nav...you think you're aggravated now...wait until you buy a BMW...

LOL, it's the NEW ones that will have the foot massage....and your passengers are going to be disappointed.>....

JK...

I have a BMW. Already! for two years. Love it. :)

Navigation in A8L was much better though! Interior in Audi much better......but the M2 is just a hoot to drive.

Mike

DHall1
April 25th, 2018, 21:36
True on the BMW issues

better buy the S8.

I have a mint CL600 for you? Hehe, trade that ol RS6

ttboost
April 25th, 2018, 21:55
Bought a 08 535xi as a Winter "beater"...and I HATE that car...just the little things that piss me off...makes me hate the whole marquis...

DHall1
April 25th, 2018, 22:22
Distronic plus
nite vision

I will even flash it for you. Guaranteed 11sec car

dirt cheap

Aronis
April 26th, 2018, 20:41
Thanks for the offer. I’m due for a new car anyway. M2 was just a short term “fix” but eyeing new super sedan.

The S8 is in the running but M5 with AWD would be very nice and. An get local service. I don’t want s used car without warrantee. Been there with my RS. ITs the money pit.

My one vice. A nice car to go back and forth to work!

Mike

DHall1
April 26th, 2018, 22:42
Who needs warranty

none of my cars have warranty and none are money pits.

:race:

Most likely you held your car too long. Given your climate...the car and systems degrade faster. Salt and winter kill cars. Don't keep them so long and you should be fine

Aronis
April 27th, 2018, 00:56
Who needs warranty

none of my cars have warranty and none are money pits.

:race:

Most likely you held your car too long. Given your climate...the car and systems degrade faster. Salt and winter kill cars. Don't keep them so long and you should be fine

LOL

Too long? The car was fine for first 12 years. It had the oil leak occur in December 2015. So 12 years would be the limit! LOL.

Mike

DHall1
April 27th, 2018, 03:43
In your climate yes

time and mileage exposure to the bad climate are factors

a bright shiny RS6 w/90k miles from sunny SoCal is a completely different story. I'd go no question on such a car as it will last 10 more years no problem

Aronis
April 29th, 2018, 13:59
M5....doing it....someone buy my RS6, now......dam it.....

Mike.....

ttboost
April 30th, 2018, 00:44
Ugh..sorry....I mean Congrats!!!

Aronis
May 5th, 2018, 02:08
Dark side getting darker, getting black with black interior M5. RS6 may be sold this Monday, fingers crossed. With M2 trade, RS6 sales money as downpayment, the M5 lease will be LESS THAN MY RS6 lease was 15 years ago! LMAO.

Mike

Cmnair
May 5th, 2018, 02:34
Congrats on the M5 but down payment on a lease?

ttboost
May 5th, 2018, 13:58
Oh, they get their money...

Aronis
May 5th, 2018, 22:09
Got ok from Wife.

Yes, downpayment, rather have the payment low for less stress later on. The lost income on the down payment over 3 years is less than you guys spend on beer! I don't drink LOL. Or smoke. But do the math.

After lease I will likely buy it out but this time with a LONGER extended warrantee and a local dealer for service!

Mike

Cmnair
May 5th, 2018, 22:19
Risk is you will lose your down payment if God forbid anything happens to the car. Makes sense if you are buying it out though.

Aronis
May 5th, 2018, 23:15
Risk is you will lose your down payment if God forbid anything happens to the car. Makes sense if you are buying it out though.

If car is stolen or totaled insurance pays for replacement value....including down payment, or most of it.

Mike

Cmnair
May 5th, 2018, 23:53
Insurance pays leasing company market value not the leasee (you). Also since down payment on a lease is considered cap cost reduction essentially on a rental it does not buy you equity. If the car is stolen or totaled you won’t get your down payment back, lease just terminates.

If car is stolen or totaled insurance pays for replacement value....including down payment, or most of it.

Mike

DHall1
May 6th, 2018, 06:01
Bada bing!

put the money in the bank

1 beer a week for me

0 wine

6-7hrs/wk on the mtn bike. My max hr blows the old 220 minus your age formula out of the water

0 prescriptions in 55 yrs

ill probably keel over tomorrow

hehe

Aronis
May 6th, 2018, 17:50
Bada bing!

put the money in the bank

1 beer a week for me

0 wine

6-7hrs/wk on the mtn bike. My max hr blows the old 220 minus your age formula out of the water

0 prescriptions in 55 yrs

ill probably keel over tomorrow

hehe
God bless you buddy. Stay healthy.

Mike

Aronis
May 6th, 2018, 17:51
Insurance pays leasing company market value not the leasee (you). Also since down payment on a lease is considered cap cost reduction essentially on a rental it does not buy you equity. If the car is stolen or totaled you won’t get your down payment back, lease just terminates.

oh.....'gap insurance?'

A big part of my "down payment" is the M2 trade. I have about $13,000 available. (offer was $43,000), note about $30k).

You are scaring me. DAM IT. I will have to research this more.

Risk of loss of deposit vs risk of wife killing me if the monthly payment is too high.....

Mike

Cmnair
May 7th, 2018, 00:17
I would look into it... since you are just paying for depreciation upfront that is the risk. Gap insurance does not cover down payment for cap cost reduction. Since the M2 trade counts as a substantial down payment one option would be to buy vs lease

ttboost
May 7th, 2018, 01:27
IMO, a lease is for write-off, like for a business...who may need to always have a new vehicle...a lease is a lot like renting an apartment...money out the window, with nothing to show for at the "end". I NEVER put money down for that reason...its always lost money...If I finance, I finance 100%, and try to pay off as much as I can...as soon as I can...when I'm done, I sell the car for profit, or at least enough top get out of the note...

bethridg
May 7th, 2018, 02:06
IMO, a lease is for write-off, like for a business...who may need to always have a new vehicle...a lease is a lot like renting an apartment...money out the window, with nothing to show for at the "end". I NEVER put money down for that reason...its always lost money...If I finance, I finance 100%, and try to pay off as much as I can...as soon as I can...when I'm done, I sell the car for profit, or at least enough top get out of the note...

This guy gets it...

Aronis
May 7th, 2018, 03:14
Points taken.

I'm getting a Civic, a used one.

Probably going to go with just the trade value as my downpayment and no extra cash down.

Appreciate the advice.

Mike

DHall1
May 7th, 2018, 03:52
Ask me if I make any car payments?

Every once in awhile we finance. Wife's SQ5 was financed in 14.....I think Audi was running a .9% special and we got 7% off plus extras. For .9% I will use that money.

Mike, pick a number you can float....40, 50, 60. Find a CPO car in that price range and pay cash. Drive it 2-3 years and do it again. Screw these new cars that depreciate 15k/yr

DHall1
May 7th, 2018, 03:57
My AMG wheels came in for the CL600!!! Wait till you see this 11sec Civic with Distronic, nite vision, full leather and 600hp. Lol

ttboost
May 7th, 2018, 21:39
Yeah...I typically wait until the depreciation finishes its massive plummet. (As a rule, I don't pay more than $50k for a car anyway) By that time, you can usually make enough payments to stay ahead of the depreciation, this mitigating the ass reaming you get later. I have no problem using someone else's money for free, or cheap to buy a car. .......

DHall1
May 7th, 2018, 22:00
We are twins!

Add....I don't pay sales tax and generally don't pay plate fees or insurance if the costs are too high.

Cheap cheap cheap is my rule of thumb.

Yeah...I typically wait until the depreciation finishes its massive plummet. (As a rule, I don't pay more than $50k for a car anyway) By that time, you can usually make enough payments to stay ahead of the depreciation, this mitigating the ass reaming you get later. I have no problem using someone else's money for free, or cheap to buy a car. .......

ttboost
May 7th, 2018, 22:09
I don't mind paying to play, but I get tired of it quickly, thus my rapid and frequent turnover of vehicles...I plan to own one of everything before I die...even if it's only for a week...LOL

Aronis
May 7th, 2018, 23:35

Done. It’s fantastic!!

Mike

DHall1
May 8th, 2018, 02:53
How cute they are.

Out with the old and in with the new.

AoA loses another high line customer due to the anemic current product offering.

papadoc
May 8th, 2018, 05:50
Mike, keep the RS6 and like many of us original owners, enjoy it's nuances every once in a while while you also enjoy the updated ride in the M5. You've done all of the pricey work on it recently, and won't recoup anywhere near the cost of that if you sell it now. You need an ECU tune though if you only have the TCU done. I can recommend the 034 Motorsport tune, better than the more expensive APR tune I had on my first RS6 that became an Arizona to Maryland donor. With almost 3700 posts you have to stay!

Cmnair
May 8th, 2018, 11:46
Congrats on the M5! Great ride as per the mag reviews

Aronis
May 8th, 2018, 18:06
Papadoc,

Mike, keep the RS6 and like many of us original owners, enjoy it's nuances every once in a while while you also enjoy the updated ride in the M5. You've done all of the pricey work on it recently, and won't recoup anywhere near the cost of that if you sell it now. You need an ECU tune though if you only have the TCU done. I can recommend the 034 Motorsport tune, better than the more expensive APR tune I had on my first RS6 that became an Arizona to Maryland donor. With almost 3700 posts you have to stay!

If I try to Keep the RS6, my wife will KILL me.

We still have the Q7.

And the memories.

By the way, I would not tune this RS6, I don't want to kill the transmission.

As far as "won't recoup anywhere near the cost of that if you sell it now," there is no time when selling it will recoup any cost LOL. It was a gamble keeping it instead of trading back in 2013 on an S8 when I was offered "5 grand" by the dealer (did not actually see the car to assess it, but certainly did not offer a reasonable trade at that time, that was pre oil leak....). So I passed on that 'offer'. I should have did that then. The S8 2013 would have been cheaper than rehabbing the RS6, but rather a couple hundred bucks a month more than the A8L lease I had.

Life is full of should have, could have moments, but I think keeping the RS6 at that time and fixing it brought me some sick kind of Joy, despite being a huge mistake money wise. Driving that thing still puts a huge smile on my face.

I'll still hang with the RS6er's unless my account gets pulled....

Mike

Aronis
May 8th, 2018, 18:07
Congrats on the M5! Great ride as per the mag reviews

It is great. 15 years newer, AWD, all the new tech goodies, and......a warrantee.;)

Mike

Aronis
May 8th, 2018, 18:12
How cute they are.

Out with the old and in with the new.

AoA loses another high line customer due to the anemic current product offering.

My decision was not 'anti Audi' but rather location location location. Had there still been an Audi dealer here in town as there was when I got the A8L, I probably would be driving an RS7 or S8. I am sick of the hour and a half drive to an Audi dealer for service. This was compounded by the huge amount of time I wasted going back and forth with the DRC issues. And the two places I got service at for that issues forgot the 'deal' with the RS6 and the special treatment we were supposed to get with regard to loaner cars. I always got some 8 year old smelly A6 with cigarette on the floor and crap in the trunk. I totally detailed the loaner I had because I was embarrassed to drive it. Washed, waxed, cleaned the interior, etc. When I returned it they were like "wow, thanks." I was like "you should have been ashamed to call that a loaner car."

Now when I bring in the Q7 at least I have had newer cars as loaners, once an Q5 and last time a loaded 17 Q7.

If the M5 has issues, it's a five minute drive to drop it off, and I am certain the loaner will be a Toyota Corolla or Chevy Cobalt. :)

Mike

DHall1
May 8th, 2018, 19:08
I have taken the wife's SQ5 into Audi once.

Only because there were like 5 recalls piled up and she was starting to mumble

Audi gave me a Toyota Corolla to drive.

That was the last time I ever stepped foot on that service drive. I have never been back nor ever going back.

And yes, I bought the SQ5 new from that dealership for the wife.

They lost my business over a stupid boneheaded decision.

Aronis
May 8th, 2018, 20:06
True. They messed up.

But sometimes you get "lucky." When I was in for A8 service and they AGAIN DID NOT HAVE THE FRIGGEN PARTS FOR THE SERVICE, so I was given new A7 as the loaner. Payback for TWO "no parts" issues on the same car. Despite my calling and asking that they make sure they had the parts! LOL.

I no longer even expect a loaner and try to arrange to avoid it. Thus local service. Drop off the car and have a friend or my wife pick me up.

Mike

DHall1
May 8th, 2018, 23:18
I get it. They are too busy servicing to actually provide service.

So guess what. They have enough business and won't miss mine.

Cmnair
May 9th, 2018, 00:44
Audi dealers here are terrible. BMW dealer near me actually has a great service department but shitty sales department.

ttboost
May 9th, 2018, 01:26
Warrantee, shmarantee...no one touches my cars...my vehicles will NEVER see the inside of a dealership...EVER!!! I have 2 outstanding recalls on my new truck...I'll take my chances...

DHall1
May 9th, 2018, 03:00
That's what I said about the the SQ5. At 5 recalls I could not hold her off any longer. Hehe

Now the Cayenne TDI....finally got the final fix done and proceeded to drive right over to my friends APR shop and flash that sucker. I wanted to flash it 6 months ago but had to wait for VW and the grinding gears of gimme my damn money to move along.

ttboost
May 9th, 2018, 12:31
While I am a rabid Audi fan, VW can suck it...we couldn't wait to sell our TDI Touareg back...got all the money too.

DHall1
May 9th, 2018, 13:51
The customer service from the vw diesel hotline was the worst I have ever experienced. I can't imagine actually owning a VW let alone trying to service one.

I get it, a shit load of cash was being handed out. But that is no excuse to treat customers like crap. 6 friggin months to work thru the process fighting at every step.

Now that is over and I have the Cayenne with CPO and extended engine and emissions coverage....I may keep it and run the wheels off it. It's a great daily vehicle.

ttboost
May 10th, 2018, 01:37
Yeah...we loved our Touareg...decent TQ and mileage...oh wait...had to give it back...principle...paid $52k..drove it for 4 yrs and 50k miles, got $46k back...

ZCD2.7T
May 10th, 2018, 17:35
...Done. It’s fantastic!! Mike

Congrats - from everything I've read, it's an outstanding vehicle. Enjoy, and best of luck with it!

(also, who'd have ever believed that one would one day be able to buy a "stock" luxury performance sedan that runs 10s... :revs: ?!?!?)

Aronis
May 12th, 2018, 14:06
Buyer for my RS6 is coming today.

We shall see.

Mike

Aronis
May 12th, 2018, 15:50
Hi all,

I just had a long conversation with my auto insurance agent. The insurance covers the value of the car regardless of the down payment. So if your leased car gets stollen the insurance cuts a check for the current value of the car, So the remainder what ever is left over in paying off the current 'buyout' on the car would come back to me. I.E. the downpayment or at least a good chunk of it.

If my car gets stollen, I am going to blame you guys for jinxing me. LOL.

Mike

Cmnair
May 12th, 2018, 17:03
Enjoy the car! It’s a beast

DHall1
May 12th, 2018, 18:44
Oh god I hope the trans is good in that BMW!

the one item that never failed on your RS6 that always fails and you get a new car then boom.

Lol

that said, go run that sucker like it's meant to be run

Aronis
May 12th, 2018, 20:50
Sold.

Aronis
May 12th, 2018, 20:52
Oh god I hope the trans is good in that BMW!

the one item that never failed on your RS6 that always fails and you get a new car then boom.

Lol

that said, go run that sucker like it's meant to be run

Transmission issue was solved. It was just program issue. Mine was not in the effected lot.

Mike

DHall1
May 13th, 2018, 00:08
Omg!!!!

it really happened. Best post ever rotfl

the cash picture was priceless.

Sold.

Aronis
May 13th, 2018, 00:37
A sad day made better with a bunch of cash and 600 hp new car.

Mike

Cmnair
May 20th, 2018, 00:47
Had a chance to drive the M5, Alpina B6, M760 and X5M at the BMW UDE in NJ. Aronis you are a lucky man that M5 is a beast. Drove it on the streets and highway and also did a short acceleration run on a controlled course. That car is an animal.

Aronis
May 20th, 2018, 21:43
Had a chance to drive the M5, Alpina B6, M760 and X5M at the BMW UDE in NJ. Aronis you are a lucky man that M5 is a beast. Drove it on the streets and highway and also did a short acceleration run on a controlled course. That car is an animal.

So far its a blast. Just going easy until after the 1200 mile break in service. They change the two differential's fluid and the transfer case fluid as well as an engine oil change. The problem is that BMW has not kept up with the supply for those fluids. LOL. It two special order fluids. So I had to rescheduled the break in service until they have the parts in hand. :)

Mike