PDA

View Full Version : Opinions from us DRC experienced Audi fans.....

Aronis
March 18th, 2018, 17:15
So,

I have been contemplating getting a new Audi, trading M2 and RS6, and considering options..

1. RS5, loaded with the dynamic plus package, which comes with DRC and ceramic front brakes....would then probably have dealer swap it out for the regular suspensions when if fails in 12 months and swap out the brakes when they are worn down to less expensive ones. Loaded it's about $90k.

2. Wait on New S6 due next year, details to come, sedan, larger, probably will have 10 percent more power, etc.

3. Go for the gold, S8 plus, again details to come, probably be $110 or so. Getting "too high."

4. Skipping RS7, don't care for the style and the price gets too high for me.

Do you guys think Audi has gotten the DRC right now? I doubt it myself but know that now there are many aftermarket options......

Mike

ttboost
March 18th, 2018, 19:51
Buy a couple year old S8...Let someone else absorb the depreciation...probably find one with no miles, half the cost of new...

Aronis
March 18th, 2018, 20:07
I agree, that was also on the list......

Waiting to see what the new model offers and how it may help drop the price on the older ones.

Mike

ttboost
March 18th, 2018, 20:16
Prices almost always goes up on new cars, but not necessarily with new features...don't think you'll miss much by grabbing a 14-15 S8...

DHall1
March 19th, 2018, 00:50
As TT said

buy the 2yr old S8 and be done with it

15s are what? 65k

haha MMR on a 15 S8 is a whopping 52k....no brainer

I'm not giving Audi 90k for a RS5

I'm certainly not driving a new 90k car through a nasty winter

ttboost
March 19th, 2018, 00:57
Yep...working on a tune now, have catless DP's waiting in the garage...and it will eat the a$$ out of a new $130k S8 plus...and I have carbon and B&O...

Bigglezworth
March 19th, 2018, 03:01
Yep...working on a tune now, have catless DP's waiting in the garage...and it will eat the a$$ out of a new $130k S8 plus...and I have carbon and B&O...I've enjoyed B&O in my house for years since I first walked in to the B&O dealers store in San Francisco in the early 90's. I love the contemporary styling queues and the sound is pretty decent. The Art of Sound.

Aronis
March 19th, 2018, 17:44
Yep...working on a tune now, have catless DP's waiting in the garage...and it will eat the a$$ out of a new $130k S8 plus...and I have carbon and B&O...

Sounding better all the time!

CPO S8Plus sounds good.

Mike

Aronis
March 19th, 2018, 17:47
looking at listings....2015, 5200 miles, 90k....loaded...:)

Mike

ttboost
March 19th, 2018, 18:17
https://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks/6001/i.html?_from=R40&_dcat=6001&_dmpt=US_Cars_Trucks&makeval=Audi&modelval=S8&Model%2520Year=2013%7C2014%7C2015%7C2016&_mtrvfc=1&_stpos=06238&_nkw=Audi%20S8

Aronis
March 19th, 2018, 18:31
https://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks/6001/i.html?_from=R40&_dcat=6001&_dmpt=US_Cars_Trucks&makeval=Audi&modelval=S8&Model%2520Year=2013%7C2014%7C2015%7C2016&_mtrvfc=1&_stpos=06238&_nkw=Audi%20S8

Stop baiting me LOL....it's a shame they are so far from me so I can't go test drive and drool. :) keeps me and my wallet safer. It's like living two hours from the nearest Apple Store......:)

Mike

ttboost
March 19th, 2018, 18:41
I was just showing that you don't have to spend $70k, $80K, $90k on a car...

DHall1
March 19th, 2018, 19:52
You want me to pick one out for you?

2015 give me a budget of 65

done deal

ttboost
March 19th, 2018, 20:20
Be done with it already...stop torturing yourself...you won't be disappointed...

Aronis
March 19th, 2018, 22:20
LOL....my dad has a 2015 (fixed year) S8, and I'm tempting him to get a 2019 S8Plus.

Mike

ttboost
March 19th, 2018, 22:24
Go borrow it for a week...or even a day...you'll have your decision made...

Aronis
March 19th, 2018, 23:39
Go borrow it for a week...or even a day...you'll have your decision made...

Been there, done that. When I had my 2013 A8L 4.0T , he had a 2012 NA V8 A8L, and after driving my 4.0T he went out and got a 2014 4.0T and then later traded up to the 2015 S8. (Had year wrong above).

I miss my A8L, particularly the massage seats.

Mike

ttboost
March 20th, 2018, 00:23
Then what, pray tell, are you waiting for? Just wasting our time...LOL...

Aronis
March 20th, 2018, 16:47
RS5 does look nice...:)

Not wasting your time, clearly you have nothing better to do than to chat with me :)

Going to pull my instrument cluster this afternoon and install the 'new' second hand one. :)

Mike

fukinavit
March 23rd, 2018, 04:09
Or just get a tesla model s and blow everything you listed out of the water. Had a ride from the airport in one as a cab, 4 big guys and baggage, all fitted in and in insane mode, holy shit, ridiculous!

DHall1
March 23rd, 2018, 07:51
F___ Tesla, Uber and FB

you may interchange in any order

the Ai Volvo that ran down the j walker while the convicted armed robber Uber employee was watching her phone. Priceless

Aronis
March 23rd, 2018, 14:51
New A6 line has 48 volt electric motors and the turbo V6, no specs yet....should be interesting...image 4.0T aided by a couple electric motorist the hubs. LOL....do what Lexus did with their hybrid but better.
Mike

ben916
March 23rd, 2018, 16:17
F___ Tesla, Uber and FB

Amen to that!

Aronis
March 23rd, 2018, 16:44
Amen to that!

Now that is off the original topic LOL.

But I agree too.

Mike

DHall1
March 23rd, 2018, 18:05
Hehe, when I see Tesla, Uber or Facebook even mentioned......I need to go find my meds

i hate them!!!!!

fukinavit
March 24th, 2018, 01:25
Hehe, when I see Tesla, Uber or Facebook even mentioned......I need to go find my meds

i hate them!!!!!

You can take an uber tesla while surfing Facebook.

DHall1
March 24th, 2018, 02:35
Ask me if

1. I have ever used uber
2. On Facebook
3. Even sat in a Tesla

never ever

fukinavit
March 24th, 2018, 03:28
Ask me if

1. I have ever used uber
2. On Facebook
3. Even sat in a Tesla

never ever

So basically you know nothing about any of them.

Fair enough.

DHall1
March 24th, 2018, 03:40
Silly fukinavit

because I choose not to support an organization you think I know nothing about them.

So basically you know nothing about any of them.

Fair enough.

Aronis
March 24th, 2018, 12:56
This thread has taken hilarious turns!

"I'm D-Hall and it's...

Uber.......Hate em!

Tesla......Despise them!

Facebook....Loath Thee!

with my fleet of old RS6's

I choose to be free......."

There's a song in there somewhere....

Mike

DHall1
March 26th, 2018, 04:44
If the stone cold killer Uber doesn't get you....then the Tesla will burn you like an incinerator

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-model-x-driver-dies-210300147.html

papadoc
March 26th, 2018, 06:43
Off topic, but did you notice the A4 that hit the Tesla as well? In our area, there are more Teslas sold than Camrys or Civics. As far as I am concerned, you can fukanavit. Too many of the damn things around here.

Mike, the C7 S6 is a sweet ride, and I am sure you can get in a CPO one at a very reasonable price. Not as big as the S8, but I rarely have back seat passengers, and I would guess that is your status as well. Nice balance between off the line speed if you want that, especially with launch control, and highway mileage for cruising. I routinely get 25+ mpg on my twice monthly jaunts to Monterey. Just keep a radar detector on board for dusting the unwary.

DHall1
March 29th, 2018, 04:49
Looks like FB taking it in the shorts. Too bad

Aronis
March 30th, 2018, 00:59
Closed my FB account.....and my younger kids know enough to stay off such platforms. At least his "Forum" is just car stuff. I don't think anything we talk about here would come back to haunt us unless Audi want's to kill us!

Mike

(PS Audi, I bought out my Q7 lease, I am a good guy don't kill me, sorry about buying a BMW also and don't hate me over the Civic I bought my kid, the 08 convertible A4 was getting too costly LOL)

DHall1
March 30th, 2018, 23:49
^^ Mike...too funny.

I almost forgot about photobucket and Craigslist

F'em

All these .com companies with the "free" bait and switch tactics. Just as I can turn back the clocks on my cars....I can turn back my digital footprint.

With that said, I'm headed out on my mtn bike. No digital service needed.

CBeau
March 31st, 2018, 02:51
You can never "turn back" your digital footprint. Its there forever to be exploited and pimped like a cheap whore by the "progressive" social media powers that be. You can "turn back" or mitigate any future footprint you leave, but whats there is there. Im not in the bus. but have friends who are and have some businesses of my own that dabble in it for their own marketing purposes, and I can tell you, Facebook and Google (read Android phones) etc., theyre all tied into the credit reporting agencies and credit card companies and banking system and all that. Im not an apocalyptic bomb shelter type person or anything of the sort.... but trust me its true and its the world we live in now and increasingly will be. How does this commentary relate or belong at all in this great RS6 forum???..... thankfully I likely won't be around to see this human identity surrendered for marketable digital identity phenomenon fully take hold..... and as long as I can keep all my old skool rides - very much including my beloved and quirky RS6 - running and making me smile... everything will be ok. And I don't think Ingolstadt put a GPS / DNA tracking chip in my '03 RS6.... read = valuable car getting more valuable by the day.

^^ Mike...too funny.

I almost forgot about photobucket and Craigslist

F'em

All these .com companies with the "free" bait and switch tactics. Just as I can turn back the clocks on my cars....I can turn back my digital footprint.

With that said, I'm headed out on my mtn bike. No digital service needed.

DHall1
March 31st, 2018, 05:12
^^ Yep, I could see the writing on the walls so I have never signed up for any service. FB, google, instagram, chat this or that.

They can all monetize my middle finger

Aronis
March 31st, 2018, 14:06
You can never "turn back" your digital footprint. And I don't think Ingolstadt put a GPS / DNA tracking chip in my '03 RS6.... read = valuable car getting more valuable by the day.

LOL, a bit of paranoia is a good thing, ...I guess...

I was just peaking at your EMR, tsk tsk, CBeau, shame shame......(JK)

Mike

DHall1
April 1st, 2018, 18:01
F___ Tesla. Do you know the average income of a Model X owner?

Looks like revenge of the machines.

Add stone cold killer to the flagship Tesla X. Autopilot was on!

Read the article....Apple engineer repeatedly complained about the autopilot

https://www.google.com/amp/abc7news.com/amp/automotive/exclusive-autopilot-part-of-tesla-crash-investigation-i-team-rides-in-model-x-to-site/3284757/

If the stone cold killer Uber doesn't get you....then the Tesla will burn you like an incinerator

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-model-x-driver-dies-210300147.html

Aronis
April 1st, 2018, 18:07
Ya, ya, ya, sky net, blah, blah, blah, terminator....

But what about the DRC in the RS5?

Mike

(kicking dead horse)

DHall1
April 1st, 2018, 18:13
Hehe, let me check my wife's Cerner super computer for some EMR data on the subject.

Yep, the DRC will fail but when it does you can install coilovers and be done with it.

Aronis
April 2nd, 2018, 00:28
You had the mention Cerner, My GOD is their software is such SHIT! Trying to get our hospital to change to Epic. But that costs $100,000,000.00 Yes 100 million dollars. How's your "Free Healthcare" treating you?

Mike

DHall1
April 2nd, 2018, 02:47
My neighbors grass is always perfect.

Wait, I have rock for grass....I'm good.

Yeah, Epic is $$$ it's the no choice option. You take what they give you.

She is in finance but there is cross over to clinical. It's all tied together. Screw healthcare costs, don't eat out, don't eat anything frozen with preservatives, limit meat, screw all sodas and flavored drinks. = live longer. I'm 55 and still don't need any prescriptions for anything. Just got back from 2hr mtn bike ride.

DHall1
April 3rd, 2018, 04:07
In the two weeks since I posted this......

Tesla down 70pts

Facebook down 40pts

And put a fork in Uber

who thought RS6.com could move markets

F___ Tesla, Uber and FB

the Ai Volvo that ran down the j walker while the convicted armed robber Uber employee was watching her phone. Priceless

Aronis
April 3rd, 2018, 17:25

Tesla down 70pts

Facebook down 40pts

And put a fork in Uber

that's too funny!

Mike

DHall1
July 27th, 2018, 07:00
Zuckersucker only sold 13m shares in the first quarter.

Nothing to see here folks. Keep it moving.

FB up 50 on no volume the last 3 months just to chop all these heads off. Suckers

Tesla down 70pts

Facebook down 40pts

And put a fork in Uber