PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME>>>>> this GD car.....

Aronis
January 26th, 2018, 22:56
Hi,

Today I got in my car, started it up after work, and when I tried to turn on a turn signal, it would not work.

The turn signals do not work.
The horn does not work.
The wipers do not work.
The wiper sprayer does not work.
The head lights do not come on.
The driving lights / fog lights do not come on.
Still the lights on the climate control, door lights, lights on the heated seats do not work (they work intermittently for a few seconds at the time after wiggling the dimmer switch and I was thinking a ground problem.)

The high beam switch turns on high beams if I hold it.
The side marker lights do come on with the headlight switch.
The four way lights work (hazard lights) do work when I push the hazard button.
The cruise control works.
The shift paddles work.

So Ground???? If so WHERE? Under dash? Anyone have a diagram?

I lost access to my Bently CD (their GD software SUCKS big time and they have changed the software and their security protocols are better than the NSA!) I have the disk but can not access it. I'll try again with their Email Support, if you can call it .

Thank you,

Mike

ttboost
January 27th, 2018, 00:02
It's a shame your car rolled off that cliff....

Aronis
January 27th, 2018, 00:10
WHAT CLIFF.....what are you saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Mike

ttboost
January 27th, 2018, 00:45
LOL...you know, sh*t happens.....you park kinda close to a cliff, and it slides off...take the insurance money and go buy a Camry with a warranty...

Aronis
January 27th, 2018, 01:49
LOL...you know, sh*t happens.....you park kinda close to a cliff, and it slides off...take the insurance money and go buy a Camry with a warranty...
That is JUST EVIL!

You and your 2013 S8 with a friggen warrantee and your fancy 10 year newer electronics and your fancy cross stitched comfort seats and you billion horsepower! DAM YOU!

LMAO!

I will FIX THIS DAM THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must drive it for another 5000 miles. I just got new summer tires this past summer. Have to wear them out! Will FIND THAT GROUND PROBLEM.

Mike

Bigglezworth
January 27th, 2018, 03:01
Remainder of car runs and works properly? Check to ensure fuses are good.

SteveKen
January 27th, 2018, 03:41
Any evidence of water getting into the car due to clogged drains under the master cylinder and coolant reservoir?

Aronis
January 27th, 2018, 14:28
Any evidence of water getting into the car due to clogged drains under the master cylinder and coolant reservoir?

It's been dry here and I have not had any evidence of water in the car.

Remainder of car runs and works properly? Check to ensure fuses are good.

I checked all the fuses when working on the current leak (ended up just being a bad battery, so much for AutoZone testing your battery).

I doubt it's a fuse since the system effected all have their own fuses.

I am going to jump the ground on the headlight switch to the frame of the dash and see if at least the head lights come on.

Thanks for the input.

Mike

Aronis
January 27th, 2018, 19:33
Gave up on my old DVD, went to Bently website and am buying another copy, digital down load license. Will have access to wire diagrams shortly.

Mike

Aronis
January 27th, 2018, 19:41
then again, perhaps not, install software keeps hanging.....I wish Audi and the rest still sold a book version of their repair manuals. Paper, hard copy, no tech needed to look at....

Aronis
January 27th, 2018, 19:44
getting warmer, must push (I don't have a serial number) or it hangs, my old serial number appears to be 4 digits too short! LOL.

Aronis
January 27th, 2018, 19:57
I could not buy license. got error message, triple checked CC number before hitting order. I have not had great luck with Bentley Publishing over the years!

I need a hacker to crack the security on the CD rom I ALREADY FiretruCKING OWN. I FiretruCKING HATE Bentley Publishing..

End rant....

Mike
(up all night with Traumas, too bad one was not a truck crashing through the front door of the Bentley Publishing Company full of loose DOG SHIrT.................)

Aronis
January 28th, 2018, 18:28
Found it......without the help of BendMe Publishing.

Connector is screwed up. Apparently after removing and replacing the headlight control several times to find the issue with the display lights (still not debugged) the connector shorted out at the ground at wires Xr and Xz.

Everything is working again (accept the display lights on the A/C control etc).

Now I must replace that connector before the whole house burns down.

Mike

Aronis
January 30th, 2018, 16:50
Finally got access to my Bentley Manual. Actually using their online version since their software only works with WINDOWS XP! Can you believe that! LOL.
Confirmed, ground is right next to wire to fog lights LOL.
I got the new connector and will replace that soon.
Next is the back light issue.

Aronis
January 30th, 2018, 17:16

confirmed ground for dimmer switch ...now to debug.

Mike

Aronis
January 30th, 2018, 22:53
I replaced the connector today. Getting the Pins out is a PITA! LOL. Had to cut up the old plastic connector to get the pins out without damaging them.

When you push the pins back in and they are seated you have to push the little tab on the side for each wire, or the whole module will not plug into the headlight switch.

Back on the road.

Mike

fbatwork
January 31st, 2018, 03:36
Good to hear that you got it sorted out!!

atikovi
February 2nd, 2018, 02:01
Don't waste your time with Bentley, just get a copy of ElsaWin.

Aronis
February 2nd, 2018, 11:42
I finally got through to Bentley and now am using their On line version. Have access to the info from any computer! Works on Mac and Windows 7. Their regular reader only works with XP! Do you hear that Bill Gates? You Bastard, there is still a large installed base of Windows XP, why did you scrap it!

Mike

Now the MF Car has another issue. short.......dam it......have to break into the dash wiring.

fbatwork
February 3rd, 2018, 02:30
Posting a little late but maybe it helps someone else - I use XP emulator, you can set it up on Windows 7-10 I believe. I have it set up on 7 but have looked at it for 10 and believe that it can be done...

Aronis
February 3rd, 2018, 02:37
Fbatwork,

XP emulator is part of downloadable content of Windows 7, but does not work with the AMD Bulldozer 8 core processor. Those fine programmers at Bill Gates Hell Land, can't figure it out.

Windows 7 should have been built from the ground up fully backward compatible with XP without the end user having to have an advanced degree to set up the "Emulation."

I have a copy of XP for parallels and was going to use that on my Mac Air, but the Web Version they offer works GREAT on any platform.

Mike

fbatwork
February 3rd, 2018, 13:04
Fbatwork,

XP emulator is part of downloadable content of Windows 7, but does not work with the AMD Bulldozer 8 core processor. Those fine programmers at Bill Gates Hell Land, can't figure it out.

Windows 7 should have been built from the ground up fully backward compatible with XP without the end user having to have an advanced degree to set up the "Emulation."

I have a copy of XP for parallels and was going to use that on my Mac Air, but the Web Version they offer works GREAT on any platform.

Mike

Good to know - I will likely migrate to the Web version, I’ve been keeping my old system going primarily for this reason!

lswing
February 3rd, 2018, 19:54
Fbatwork,

Mike

Use Bootcamp to run Windows on a Mac. You just need an original Windows OS disc, any version. It works great, and you just select a boot drive at startup, way faster than running Parallels or other software where both OS's are running at the same time. Windows runs awesome on my Macs...well as good as Windows can:)

Aronis
February 4th, 2018, 00:03
I have been using Parrallels for years and it works great. Both OS at the same time! LOL. Does not slow down my mac air at all. I have windows7 currently but have a virtual machine file for XP as well on my iMac. But using the web ap is just easier.

Mike