PDA

View Full Version : Note about posts "about the other best group..."

Erik
October 4th, 2017, 08:05
Before someone asks where did my post go...?

I have moved a thread or two, one which hopefully served its purpose and one that seemingly had no other intention than to market things on my expense.

I'm a believer in information wants to be free and traffic generates traffic, but sometimes it's difficult to distinguish the intent with some posts.

It's not a big deal for me, but you're sitting in my "sofa" which I pay for and we all built up the past 15 years (!) so I take some liberties when moderating.

Right or wrong, who knows? Feel free to discuss :)

:addict:

DHall1
October 4th, 2017, 15:23
RS6.com

The best C5 resource in the US. There is so much spam on other forums it becomes difficult to just read threads because crap keeps popping up in your face.

Whatever you need Erik just say the word.

GreggPDX
October 4th, 2017, 21:26
I don't care for the interface in FB, and it does not lend itself to an intuitive structure like a good forum. The content is not archived well either, so unfortunately a lot of knowledge and experience is going to be lost on FB. Forums like RS6.com can keep threads for many years and provide a great resource for "tribal knowledge".

One thing I'm seeing is that some vendors and shops seem to be more active on FB than the forums. Maybe it fits their business/promotion model better. In any case, I really hope niche forums like this one stick around. Maybe enough people will get fed up with FB to start a migration back to traditional forums!

lswing
October 4th, 2017, 23:34
RS6.com

The best C5 resource in the US. There is so much spam on other forums it becomes difficult to just read threads because crap keeps popping up in your face.

Whatever you need Erik just say the word.

This! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

DHall1
October 5th, 2017, 00:51
I dont do FB!

That should not surprise anyone here.

Lol

Im here to contribute to the tribal knowledge of these beasts.

I don't care for the interface in FB, and it does not lend itself to an intuitive structure like a good forum. The content is not archived well either, so unfortunately a lot of knowledge and experience is going to be lost on FB. Forums like RS6.com can keep threads for many years and provide a great resource for "tribal knowledge".

One thing I'm seeing is that some vendors and shops seem to be more active on FB than the forums. Maybe it fits their business/promotion model better. In any case, I really hope niche forums like this one stick around. Maybe enough people will get fed up with FB to start a migration back to traditional forums!

PCMacDr
October 5th, 2017, 04:24
I'm all for you deleting that crap about FB
We know its there, so if you like it then go there, but don't bring that S#@t here

Whew, had to get that out of my system

mrdave
October 5th, 2017, 17:12
More than fine by me. I don't see a need for any other RS6-specific forum other than this one.

And facebook blows.

nene
October 6th, 2017, 00:14
This is by far the best forum I've been part of, and I do belong to quite a few....

Bigglezworth
October 7th, 2017, 22:08
FB suck ass. The antisocial network. This forum is tops for these cars. Period.

DHall1
October 8th, 2017, 01:25
Too funny

we seem to all agree.

As to Audi going down the crapper. I turned back the clocks with my D2 S8 purchase and now I have sold the 13 AMG for...

A little black Cayenne that doesn't have spark plugs. Lol

fbatwork
October 27th, 2017, 13:55
Totally agree -

s8prtotype
November 26th, 2017, 02:46
I made that thread because this forum was and is STILL throwing browser warnings. You can see how much info i posted here but i guess i will put up with the minor annoyance? i like to just click and read/ add info without any security issues. Fix it please!